PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 6 Patriots Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Binkie alert! My binkie alert app is going off like crazy.
Calmm down, the Skipper is more likely to be on a three hour tour, A 3 hour tour where he'll be maroned on the practice squad after Pats trade for trent williams.

Last edited:
After six days of camp, based on the reporting, here's who are having the best camps:

1) Gilmore
2) J. Jones
3) Michael Bennett
4) M. Harris
5) The entire defense

Rookie WRs can take time. Niners fans were calling Jerry Rice a bust in his rookie season. At one point he had 26 receptions and 10 drops.
Too Deep Zone: Jerry Rice, Rookie Bust | Football Outsiders

No, I am not saying that Harry is Rice, and he did seem to have some drops issues in college, but he was also great at contested catches, run after catch, and blocking.
So you're saying N'Keal Harry needs to ask Jerry Rice how to apply the stickum subtly?

The free agents look a lot better. Why aren't they missing so many on day six?

18060-2757.gif

It’s not just this clip. I’ve seen Harry and Meyers play in college. Meyers was really underrated. Harry is a good player but besides his size isn’t a dynamic player and against nfl dbs it might be a tough transition.
Smh

Calmm down, the Skipper is more likely to be on a three hour tour, A 3 hour tour where he'll be maroned om the practice squad when Pats trade for trent williams.
Skipper Pats.jpg

After six days of camp, based on the reporting, here's who are having the best camps:

1) Gilmore
2) J. Jones
3) Michael Bennett
4) M. Harris
5) The entire defense
I think one thing is clear. If Bennett is healthy he's going to have a very good year & be a key contributor. The fit seems to be going great. Bill has been familiar w him & vice versa. Both have a good understanding of what the other needs to make it work.
I cant wait to see guys like KVN, 54, Winny, Bennett & hopefully Rivers on the field. Supposedly Rivers is having a good camp & showing off a few moves.

I think one thing is clear. If Bennett is healthy he's going to have a very good year & be a key contributor. The fit seems to be going great. Bill has been familiar w him & vice versa. Both have a good understanding of what the other needs to make it work.
I cant wait to see guys like KVN, 54, Winny, Bennett & hopefully Rivers on the field. Supposedly Rivers is having a good camp & showing off a few moves.
The reports on Rivers have been very good. He beat Cannon badly in 1:1 drills yesterday.

If he has a great preseason and keeps up his practice performance he's not going anywhere

The reports on Rivers have been very good. He beat Cannon badly in 1:1 drills yesterday.

If he has a great preseason and keeps up his practice performance he's not going anywhere

Man, if Rivers is good this year or at least much improved that would be great, great news. Some had Rivers as a 1st round talent out of YSU and he is now 2 years removed from the ACL. After all the Patriots could have a good pass rush, good run stuffing and great coverage.

Man, if Rivers is good this year or at least much improved that would be great, great news. Some had Rivers as a 1st round talent out of YSU and he is now 2 years removed from the ACL. After all the Patriots could have a good pass rush, good run stuffing and great coverage.
Yep. There is talk of the team playing in more of a 3-4 scheme. If so, imo that helps Rivers' chances as he has a decent amt of experience as an off the ball OLB. We'll see

I've decided this year to follow/compare opinions. Much of the Rivers hype has been from Bedard and I hope he's right, but Howe wrote on Tuesday "Derek Rivers and Keionta Davis have yet to stand out."

I think Bedard has a better sense than Howe, who I have no respect for, but it's interesting how many things they have opposite opinions on watching the same practice.

I've decided this year to follow/compare opinions. Much of the Rivers hype has been from Bedard and I hope he's right, but Howe wrote on Tuesday "Derek Rivers and Keionta Davis have yet to stand out."

I think Bedard has a better sense than Howe, who I have no respect for, but it's interesting how many things they have opposite opinions on watching the same practice.
It's like the poster yesterday who came off as thinking he spoke to God after listening to a freaking Paul Perillo podcast.

I think Perry and Kyed were my sources on Rivers . I forget.

Getting different pov is smart.

He must of thrown that into stands I've been told he hates it here and begrudges Kraft and BB for holding him back.

Yep. There is talk of the team playing in more of a 3-4 scheme. If so, imo that helps Rivers' chances as he has a decent amt of experience as an off the ball OLB. We'll see.
I hope Bill doesn't return us to the 3-4 days...I prefer the 2-DT look with the number of LBs determined by our coverage (base 2-5-4, nickel 2-4-5, dime 2-3-6).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down