PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 6 Patriots Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
As expected, the hot takes are flying again. You will always be entertained on pats fans. Well done.

When it comes to Harry I didn't mind what I heard today. I would much rather hear about a rookie making big plays and mistakes as opposed to just hearing he is neither doing good or bad.

Right now seeing him come to life and flashing his potential on the field is the most important thing. Mistakes can be cleaned up. Lack of flash plays would be truly concerning. You can't teach talent and Harry flashed his today.

He did some bad things sure, he also had some of the best plays today. As long as he keeps having some of the best plays in each practice i'll be happy. I believe the mistakes will be fixed.

When it comes to Harry I didn't mind what I heard today. I would much rather hear about a rookie making big plays and mistakes as opposed to just hearing he is neither doing good or bad.

Right now seeing him come to life and flashing his potential on the field is the most important thing. Mistakes can be cleaned up. Lack of flash plays would be truly concerning. You can't teach talent and Harry flashed his today.

He did some bad things sure, he also had some of the best plays today. As long as he keeps having some of the best plays in each practice i'll be happy. I believe the mistakes will be fixed.
Agree. If he was pulling an Inman that would be a huge concern.

Hes made some highlight reel catches. He beaten Gilly, JC, Jason and Harmon in coverage. He destroyed a DB in a running play. Hes working hard. Hes with TB12 every side session.

Hes also dropped some passes. Hes lined up in the wrong place a couple of times. Hes not moving fluidly as he is most likely working on his footwork and trying to get the routes and timing down.

Meh. Rookie.

Absolutely. It’s a rookie practicing in July. Drops can be weird, though..guys can start getting in their heads too much, so the hope is that is it doesn’t continue so he doesn’t have to devote mental energy to holding on to the ball.
Agreed, it become a mental thing like fumbling that can difficult to straighten out.

Rookie WRs can take time. Niners fans were calling Jerry Rice a bust in his rookie season. At one point he had 26 receptions and 10 drops.
Too Deep Zone: Jerry Rice, Rookie Bust | Football Outsiders

No, I am not saying that Harry is Rice, and he did seem to have some drops issues in college, but he was also great at contested catches, run after catch, and blocking.

At first i couldn't believe someone would ask brady if he had "earned" a new contract. Then i remembered the person who asked that dumbazz question is a member of the media.

Harry had a tough day and many drops. I heard Paul Perillo say on yesterdays podcast that most of Harrys catches so far consist of him ripping the ball back from the DB and I saw exactly that today when he and the DB both had it and laid there on the ground both gripping it. When Harry finally caught a difficult one he landed hard and looked hurt and slowly walked to the sideline where he knelt down and hung his head. Brady and other players went over to him and patted his helmet or his back. He dropped a lot of easy ones that went right to him. Hope Gordon comes back.

Harry had a tough day and many drops. I heard Paul Perillo say on yesterdays podcast that most of Harrys catches so far consist of him ripping the ball back from the DB and I saw exactly that today when he and the DB both had it and laid there on the ground both gripping it. When Harry finally caught a difficult one he landed hard and looked hurt and slowly walked to the sideline where he knelt down and hung his head. Brady and other players went over to him and patted his helmet or his back. He dropped a lot of easy ones that went right to him. Hope Gordon comes back.

There isn't a single Patriots fan on this earth who doesn't hope that Gordon comes back. The reality however is that it's likely not going to be anytime soon maybe never. The Patriots will have to work with what they have.

All that aside, this whole N'keal Harry criticism is incredibly absurd. So, a 21 year old rookie is making mistakes on day 6 of his first NFL training camp while also making plays. Cool story.

There isn't a single Patriots fan on this earth who doesn't hope that Gordon comes back. The reality however is that it's likely not going to be anytime soon maybe never. The Patriots will have to work with what they have.

All that aside, this whole N'keal Harry criticism is incredibly absurd. So, a 21 year old rookie is making mistakes on day 6 of his first NFL training camp while also making plays. Cool story.

The free agents look a lot better. Why aren't they missing so many on day six?

There is only one FA who looks good and he is 5 years older. But, hey it's fun to overreact on every pass, every catch in training camp.

You must be referring to berrios with neither good or bad... Disappointed in lack of quickness... Better kick it up in joint practices

Wrong. I saw more than one of them making solid catches. Just reporting what I saw and it seems to confirm what I have heard even though some of you never heard a Patriots.com podcast about training camp.

Gee... why do vet FAs look better than a rookie. Let me think of an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes