PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Day 5 Training Camp Thread- Monday August 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
His measurables are excellent. I think him, Zuber and Hall are possibly fighting for one spot. Exhibition games will be huge for all 3. I see the locks as Agholor, Bourne, Meyers, Harry (unless Belichick is blowing smoke up…) and Olszewski. Of course Slater as well. So is there even one open WR slot. And then add they probably keep 4 TE’s. The competition is gonna be fierce.
I'm moving all my chips to the center and betting on...

4WR (Slater does not count)
3TE
1FB
5RB

Dodge has an EV pickup and Cam doesn't want to be one?

Ford and GM are beating Stellantis to the punch by a long shot. Personally I think Cam fancies himself to be a Fiat or Smart Fortwo.

3TE
1FB
5RB

I'm fine with this, so long as they can sneak a couple of the guys on the WR bubble to the practice squad.

3TE
1FB
5RB
I take it Harry is the odd man out in the WR room? Who is getting the axe at TE? Keene?

Also, not that it really matters at this point. We have heard a number of names that have flashed a bit on defense so far. However one name we haven't heard yet has been Matt Judon. Among the many FA signings we had this spring, wasn't Judon the biggest?
Haven't heard Uche or HT in tweets for that matter either which likely tells more of the "why" than anything else...without pads, isn't it really more about pass catchers versus DBs anyway?

Add in that the reporters know what gets clicks (Cam vs Mac! QB Controversy in NE!) and why would you hear Judon's name?

Can’t make the club from the Tub.
Maybe try to stash him reminds me of Garrett Mills.

I don't think Harry's been hurt this offseason (he just runs like he is).

EDIT: Sorry, just realized you meant Keene.

I take it Harry is the odd man out in the WR room? Who is getting the axe at TE? Keene?
Meyers, Nelson, Bourne, Gun
Smith, HH, Asiasi
Jakob
Sony, harris, Rham, white, JJ

It’s ok it’s funny though that Harry would be a Garrett Mills kind of athlete.

Pads come out on tuesday, tompa bay has already practicing in pads. I thought the cba mandated when pads come on
It does, in terms of the number of days of TC, not a specific date.

The one thing to be said about Jones possibly starting: is he really going to go up against a secondary that's better than the one he'd see in practice?
He has been practicing against both the 1st and 2nd teams...having more luck with the 2nd. As long as he continues to make progress...all good.

First time I read this I thought it said "I don't think Harry's been hurt this offseason (he just has the runs)."

Meyers, Nelson, Bourne, Gun
Smith, HH, Asiasi
Jakob
Sony, harris, Rham, white, JJ
You know, I could definitely see this, with probably two WRs on the PS. Keene would spend the year on IR I guess. But I've got a feeling LaCosse sticks for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3