PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Day 5 Training Camp Thread- Monday August 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our LB group is very deep:

Long way to go, but IF things work out with this linebacker group, we hold the Whiplash Record for having a great LB corp one year, followed by a poor group the next year, followed by a great one again.

I don’t see how Harry makes this roster over Wilkerson.
I dunno, it seems like Harry is quietly having a decent camp. Obviously he's not having the "wow that's a 1st rounder right there" kind of camp you'd hope for but that doesn't mean he doesn't make the team. I can see he and Wilkerson both making it. We were saying Zuber was gonna make it in minicamp, but I haven't seen hardly any mention of Zuber before today's 50 yard grab (sigh...)

I think I'm going to head down tomorrow since they will finally be in pads. But in my opinion, the week they practices with the Eagles will be the week we REALLY see what's what.

BTW- I imagine Bill is really getting steamed about the lack of practice time they are getting because of the CBA. It is really huring the product. It is also short sighted by the players because it makes it much more difficult for players to make the team. The CBA was designed to protect established stars and I would say its doing a great job, so far.

Also, not that it really matters at this point. We have heard a number of names that have flashed a bit on defense so far. However one name we haven't heard yet has been Matt Judon. Among the many FA signings we had this spring, wasn't Judon the biggest?

Also, not that it really matters at this point. We have heard a number of names that have flashed a bit on defense so far. However one name we haven't heard yet has been Matt Judon. Among the many FA signings we had this spring, wasn't Judon the biggest?

I remember a few reports that were positive, so he's definitely fitting in. I think though that he's the kind of guy who will show better once the pads go on.

I remember a few reports that were positive, so he's definitely fitting in. I think though that he's the kind of guy who will show better once the pads go on.
Phil Perry said Judon was doing just fine. Has been in the backfield on a number of plays.

Judon shines with the pads on. The man is a menace.

Been seeing and reading a lot of positive things about Wilkerson lately, really looking forward to seeing him play in the exhibition games.
His measurables are excellent. I think him, Zuber and Hall are possibly fighting for one spot. Exhibition games will be huge for all 3. I see the locks as Agholor, Bourne, Meyers, Harry (unless Belichick is blowing smoke up…) and Olszewski. Of course Slater as well. So is there even one open WR slot. And then add they probably keep 4 TE’s. The competition is gonna be fierce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back