PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing David Andrews is back!!

REPORT: David Andrews' Time is Over in New England
Ian Logue
It appears Patriots center David Andrews will be moving on in free agency and his tenure with the Patriots is over.

View attachment 31411
Can we say our dear Ian was a bit...premature????
Edit: Joke was too soon...

Last edited:
Dear Ian,

Please don't erase this gem:

I plan on referencing it early and often.
What the heck does that have to do with David Andrews coming back? The last season Brady was here Andrews was out for the year, you know, the year half the offense was out and Brady led the team to a 12-4 record.

Being one of the few teams who has money in a depression is amazing.

Let Andrews test the market, he finds NE was offering the same as anyone else, no need to leave. The market sets the price.
This seems to be BB's tactic and it's been fairly successful. He might fill the opening while the player is testing the market but in this case he held on enough to get Andrews back. I think we're all glad that he did.

This seems to be BB's tactic and it's been fairly successful. He might fill the opening while the player is testing the market but in this case he held on enough to get Andrews back. I think we're all glad that he did.
Think players respect the tactic. Has gone BB’s way several times and seems to avoid hard feelings.

Think players respect the tactic. Has gone BB’s way several times and seems to avoid hard feelings.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the players it's worked for have also been team captains (Hightower, McCourty, Andrews). I think it speaks to the type of characteristics they look for in leaders, including a level head that doesn't take things personally when it's not meant that way. A player who thinks it's an insult when the Patriots let them test free agency is also more likely to take criticism on his play more personally.

Great news to wake up to. Turned down more money. Can't buy happiness...

Still not convinced Wynn is our starting LT Week 1

Why wouldn't Wynn be our LT?

Cam had some pretty awful games down the stretch when i don't htink covid was a problem anymore, The Bills and Rams games were bad. There were only 3 games precovid and one of those wasn't great. He was ok at times but also terrible at others and it is possible covid had nothing to do with it. I hope it did.

We have no absolutely no idea how much Covid would affect a professional athlete's ability to perform at that levels.

I bet Karras still gets to play plenty of football this year. Just won't get his photo on the TV screen when they announce the starting offense.
With the current personnel, he'll be the injury replacement no matter who on the line gets hurt, which will probably amount to quite a few starts when you consider how many games are missed by different offensive linemen here and there.

Per Pats beat reporter Evan Lazar

Didn’t think it was possible to love David Andrews any more than before but here we are!

But... but... but only Brady did that! Say it isn't so. You mean players actually take less money to play for the big, bad meanie Bill Belichick? :)

The only time I remember a player possibly having hard feelings was Welker, and I don't think BB wanted him back anyway.

But... but... but only Brady did that! Say it isn't so. You mean players actually take less money to play for the big, bad meanie Bill Belichick? :)
Urge to have triple-winner option rising. Wish there was a winter 2021 crybaby thread.

Over/under ? Wynn, Onwenu, Andrews, Mason, Brown collectively avoid injuries and are intact as the starting offensive line for the 2021 season ?

Over/under ? Wynn, Onwenu, Andrews, Mason, Brown collectively avoid injuries and are intact as the starting offensive line for the 2021 season ?
They could start the season, they could end the season. But in between, there’ll surely be games Karras starts.

...a QB that can make Quick decisions and can make all the throws....sometimes on the run. Doesn’t have to be superstar but efficient and not turning it over....
Sounds precisely like Jimmy G to me. I know that SF seems inclined to hang on to him, but the fit wold be awesome if he could stay healthy

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back