PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Andrews ‘Trending’ Toward Playing In 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
interior offensive line should be a bit of a priority for bb.

Ruiz and brederson, both from Michigan can battle with frodholtz for the vacant left guard spot.

Ruiz can also back up Andrews.
I also like Temple's Matthew Hennessy, one of the top Centers - along with Cushenberry, Ruiz & maybe Biadasz - in the draft and who also should be athletic enough to play LG.

interior offensive line should be a bit of a priority for bb.

Ruiz and brederson, both from Michigan can battle with frodholtz for the vacant left guard spot.

Ruiz can also back up Andrews.

I also like Temple's Matthew Hennessy, one of the top Centers - along with Cushenberry, Ruiz & maybe Biadasz - in the draft and who also should be athletic enough to play LG.
This would obviously depend on BB and Scar’s evaluations, but in a deep OT class, I’m wondering if it wouldn’t be better to select a new tackle rather than IOL? Wynn could move to LG if necessary, which may benefit the team at both positions. At the very least, it might be something that is considered.

Andrews was the low-key biggest personnel loss of 2019. Line was never right, even after Wynn returned. I think if Andrews and Devlin were able to play the full season, the Patriots would have been able to secure a bye and a return to the AFCC game.
Develin was the biggest loss. Without a WR who can get open outside the numbers except Edelman (who was nursing some rough injuries), the Pats needed a power running game. Karras was a step down but he was a good enough run blocker. The Patriots needed a hammer. Develin was that hammer.

Yes. I’m a huge homer. You got me there. Tell me all the ways Martin is better than Mason when both are healthy. Be very specific.
Since this is a Pats Fans sight can you be very specific and explain to us the ways Mason is better than Martin? Please be as detailed as you are capable. He might be our best linemen next year so I'd appreciate the details.

Since this is a Pats Fans sight can you be very specific and explain to us the ways Mason is better than Martin? Please be as detailed as you are capable. He might be our best linemen next year so I'd appreciate the details.
Mason is the better pulling guard of the two and is the overall better run blocker. Martin has him in pass pro and has had better luck with his health than Mason has thus far. Mason was arguably the best RG in the business in 2018. You don’t fall off a cliff suddenly like he did in 2019 without there being injury involved.

Shelton looked great in the WC game, by the way.

This would obviously depend on BB and Scar’s evaluations, but in a deep OT class, I’m wondering if it wouldn’t be better to select a new tackle rather than IOL? Wynn could move to LG if necessary, which may benefit the team at both positions. At the very least, it might be something that is considered.
Absolutely; in fact most teams' draft boards should probably have many OTs ranked higher than their top-rated C/G, so if one of those Tackles remains available at 23 - Wirfs, Wills, Becton, Andrew Thomas, Austin Jackson, Joshua Jones - then common sense demands that the value lies there and who plays where on the Pats OL can be determined later...The highest-ranked C/Gs - Cushenberry, Ruiz, Hennessy, Biadasz - likely shouldn't be chosen until sometime during the (possibly mid/late) 2nd round...
Once we arrive at our 3rd-rounders, then the value difference between OTs & C/Gs is more evenly distributed...

Mason is the better pulling guard of the two and is the overall better run blocker. Martin has him in pass pro and has had better luck with his health than Mason has thus far. Mason was arguably the best RG in the business in 2018. You don’t fall off a cliff suddenly like he did in 2019 without there being injury involved.

Shelton looked great in the WC game, by the way.
They didn't lose WC on D.

And I'm guessing your not being as specific as you demanded of the op. But I'll step aside and let you get back to the op.

Absolutely; in fact most teams' draft boards should probably have many OTs ranked higher than their top-rated C/G, so if one of those Tackles remains available at 23 - Wirfs, Wills, Becton, Andrew Thomas, Austin Jackson, Joshua Jones - then common sense demands that the value lies there and who plays where on the Pats OL can be determined later...The highest-ranked C/Gs - Cushenberry, Ruiz, Hennessy, Biadasz - likely shouldn't be chosen until sometime during the (possibly mid/late) 2nd round...
Once we arrive at our 3rd-rounders, then the value difference between OTs & C/Gs is more evenly distributed...
To be clear, you are suggesting that the value in the draft dictates that we should draft an OT in the first round?

They didn't lose WC on D.

And I'm guessing your not being as specific as you demanded of the op. But I'll step aside and let you get back to the op.
I’d have accepted that answer. Just saying “mArTiN iZ bEtTeR LoL hOmEr” doesn’t cut it. And Shelton sucked ass in the WC round. I was more or less pulling your chain with that, though. That season ended when Bill once again was out for coffee at the skill positions in the offseason. Let’s see if he makes that same mistake 3 years in a row.

To be clear, you are suggesting that the value in the draft dictates that we should draft an OT in the first round?
If somehow either Wirfs or Wills (and their 4-position versatility) or Andrew Thomas (and his LT/RT capability) is still on the board at 23, then I'm running to the podium with one of those names on my card...if I'm even keeping that pick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back