PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Davante Adams to Raiders

Things can change quickly due to injuries, but Mahomes and the Chiefs should have six tough division games. You love to see it.
I hope it doesn't happen , but the Chiefs have yet to suffer a significant injury to either Kelce or Hill. They've been pretty fortunate in the injury part

8.5 over franchise tag? sounds it to me,
How are they supposed to compete against high scoring teams in their division without making these type of moves? Josh didn’t go there to twiddle his thumbs while the rest of the division blows past him. It’s an arms race in the AFC West and the Raiders have made 2 great moves on the last few days.

Things can change quickly due to injuries, but Mahomes and the Chiefs should have six tough division games. You love to see it.
The Chiefs window is cracked open.

They squandered 3 opportunities to win a Super Bowl.

21 - vs Bengals
20 - vs Bucs
18 - vs Pats

I hope it doesn't happen , but the Chiefs have yet to suffer a significant injury to either Kelce or Hill. They've been pretty fortunate in the injury part
Mahomes has yet to prove that he can sync with receiving options other than Kelce and Hill.

They have to fix WR3 now.

How are they supposed to compete against high scoring teams in their division without making these type of moves? Josh didn’t go there to twiddle his thumbs while the rest of the division blows past him. It’s an arms race in the AFC West and the Raiders have made 2 great moves on the last few days.
Good solid fundamentals?
/s

Look, I get why he paid what he paid, I just think it is too high for a soon to be 30 year old wr

Lmao

Whens the last time a receiver in his prime left a HOF QB for less money?

Rodgers leadership must really suck
Well, would you like to play with a guy who throws everyone under the bus and constantly plays the victim?

I know Rodgers is a great QB, but he seems to be quite the asshat.

He's going to have to learn how to read a defense now.
That is a very important point.

Carr and Adams have been in a West Coast offense their entire careers.

Josh is implementing EP.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Good solid fundamentals?
/s

Look, I get why he paid what he paid, I just think it is too high for a soon to be 30 year old wr
I agree but it's a move Josh and Mark Davis had to make for marketing and competitive reasons.

They are still in the newlywed stage with the LV fan base. Davis needs offense.

Josh can't go 4-13 his first year in LV. He needs to show the team and the fan base he wants to win now and not give off the perception he is "rebuilding"

With the exception of maybe JAX, their 2022 schedule is absolutely brutal.

rodgers highest paid, adams highest paid - good to be a packer this year

I agree but it's a move Josh and Mark Davis had to make for marketing and competitive reasons.

They are still in the newlywed stage with the LV fan base. Davis needs offense.

Josh can't go 4-13 his first year in LV. He needs to show the team and the fan base he wants to win now and not give off the perception he is "rebuilding"

With the exception of maybe JAX, their 2022 schedule is absolutely brutal.

He (and every former coordinator who takes a HC gig) also has to fight the fan perception of why he was brought in. If he goes 10-7 and just misses the playoffs, but the offense is explosive and they lost to the Chiefs 41-38, he'll probably get more leeway than if they went 10-7 but their offense was middle of the pack. Teams bring in OC's because they expect offensive production. If nothing else he has to live up to that reputation from jump or people will quickly wonder what the point of Josh McDaniels was. Right or wrong.

Adams, Waller and Jacobs.

Plus the ancillary guys that they already had.
Now Jacobs and the other guy have a good blocking full back too.

On paper Josh has done a great job so far. Lets see if he can put it together? He needs to fix Carr which he may be able to do.

I wonder what Pats fans think about the best situation in that division.

For me, it's the Chargers. I like Herbert better than almost all the QBs in the NFL except for Mahomes. He's really tough and gritty. I like him better than Allen as well.

But then I look at their defense. That's going to be the ultimate decider.

I know they got Khalil Mack for relatively cheap, but he is really ragged these days. Still, with all that pass rush firepower up front, they are going to allow JC Jackson to feast. JC is smart. He went to the right place. He is going to rack up INT totals in a place where the opposing QB is going to be constantly harried.

1. Chargers
2A and 2B. Raiders and Chiefs
4. Donkeys

Packers have stayed away from smaller WR lately. I could see them making a play for Burks or London.

Not the same system but we have a lot of similarities in terms of what we like and look for in OL, WR prospects.

Packers have stayed away from smaller WR lately. I could see them making a play for Burks or London.

Not the same system but we have a lot of similarities in terms of what we like and look for in OL, WR prospects.
Who is your preferred wr if Pats went in first round? Mine is probably Williams but got a feeling he’s probably on Packers radar now.

Who is your preferred wr if Pats went in first round? Mine is probably Williams but got a feeling he’s probably on Packers radar now.
I'm only touching Burks or Williams RD1. After that guys like Watson, London and Pierce should be somewhat high on our board imo.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back