PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dane Fletcher Hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushnPencils

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
hey all...

Missed the game and heard Fletcher was hurt or injured....Story?

Last edited:
Thumb injury and only played one play via Kursch words. Sucks. That was an incredible stop he made!

He also opened next to mayo.He had a chance to take some playing time away from Spikes before the injury.

He also opened next to mayo.He had a chance to take some playing time away from Spikes before the injury.

He's also the only legitimate backup to Spikes, who is hurt himself. Really, really need one of those 2 guys healthy to let Mayo play his new Mr. Everywhere role.

How much does a thumb hurt a LB in his role ? Splint and wrap it.....just means he'll have a hard time thumbing home on Rte 1 :D

How much does a thumb hurt a LB in his role ? Splint and wrap it.....just means he'll have a hard time thumbing home on Rte 1 :D

Ronnie Lott once cut off part of his pinky to continue playing. Fletcher needs to suck it up.:D

Thats what I was hoping. Put his hand/arm in one of those giant casts that looks like a cavemans club.....might even enhance his game.

Thats what I was hoping. Put his hand/arm in one of those giant casts that looks like a cavemans club.....might even enhance his game.

Get some titanium under that cast too.

With the Spikes situation unclear and Cox off the roster, I was already expecting another LB to be signed.

If Fletcher is going to be out more than a week or two, even more so.

Plenty of cap space to pick up a cut later in preseason.....

I hope it isnt ligament or a broken bone:eek:

Ronnie Lott once cut off part of his pinky to continue playing. Fletcher needs to suck it up.:D

[squirming while eyes start to water] :eek::D

Patrick Willis and Takeo Spikes both played for the 49ers last season with a broken hand. Fletcher would probably play with a cast if it were the regular season.

Here is a picture that shows both playing with a cast:
images

Last edited:
Patrick Willis and Takeo Spikes both played for the 49ers last season with a broken hand. Fletcher would probably play with a cast if it were the regular season.

Here is a picture that shows both playing with a cast:
images

looks a little like an unfair advantage...

Hanson brothers style in the movie slap shot!

We currently have TWO roster spots for Spikes and Fletcher. If one is put on IR, we may or may not sign someone wles, but the roster spot will be there.

Cap Space isn't the issue. Roster space is.

After Fletcher tackled Blount he jumped up and Andre Carter low fived him really hard. Fletcher grabbed his thumb after that so maybe Carter is too strong and stoked?
Sarcasm.

I don't think another Linebacker will be signed. Dane Fletcher will be fine. You have Jerod Mayo, Rob Ninkovich, Gary Guyton, Dane Fletcher, Jermaine Cunningham and Niko Koutouvides who I think is a very good group. No need to sign anyone else unless the price will be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots