PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Snyder now has 100% ownership of the Washington Football Team

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Dan Snyder officially now owns the ENTIRETY of the Washington Football Team.

Maybe they can make Monoply's "Mr. Moneybags" the official logo

As a 'business of sports' nerd it would be interesting to know if there was some sort of buyout clause that was triggered by time or by Snyder himself, or if he had to make individual deals.

Owning an NFL franchise is a license to print money and a huge boost to the ego. I think the man is a jerk, but gaining 100% control of a NFL franchise is a great business move.

Also I think it's still amusing that he still rolls with the WFT name. It's his own special way of saying FU to the entire world.

As a 'business of sports' nerd it would be interesting to know if there was some sort of buyout clause that was triggered by time or by Snyder himself, or if he had to make individual deals.

Owning an NFL franchise is a license to print money and a huge boost to the ego. I think the man is a jerk, but gaining 100% control of a NFL franchise is a great business move.

Also I think it's still amusing that he still rolls with the WFT name. It's his own special way of saying FU to the entire world.
At least one redeeming act for this guy. I have to agree, I'd be entertained if he just didn't change the name.

Yeah, I feel like WFT is here to stay. That's fine. It's an appropriate level of respect.

A lot of "Redskins" stuff still all over the place here though (in NoVa).

Did we ever come up with a name for the team?
How about Washington Waste?

Very, very bad owner.

Scary for the team and their employees. Good for the rest of the NFL. How the hell long does it take to come up with a name - seriously. Another example of ineptness.

Now he can name it whatever he wants.

passion runs really high among nfl fans. Owners could make a killing by converting 25% ownership to non voting shares and selling them.

I understand the concept to total control, meglamania, and that the teams probably don’t want to open their books, but in the words of Judas Priest: “out there is a fortune waiting to be had!”

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back