PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Orlovsky breaks down Josh's Play Calling

Apparently, you missed the reference to the old TV ad (and subsequent reference in the movie Airplane). It must be exhausting to assume everything is a slight against you.
I figured you for an axxhole.

Your last reply to me was implying that you would kick my brother in laws arse if his prediction did not come true.

decaffeinated coffee crystals?

chris farley what the **** GIF
Its nasty

For as much **** he received over the years, deservedly so for some it even, he is doing a PHENOMENAL job with Jones. The kind of job that, if I was a owner of a club that needs to draft a QB, would make me very interested indeed.

We'll see. If the quality of coaching around the league overall, you cant really say that McD is not a grade above the average, tbh
Oh I'm sure it's just luck. What other QB has he coached up? :D
decaffeinated coffee crystals?

chris farley what the **** GIF

Its nasty
"The secret's in the crystal! I mean crystals!"

Looks like the OP video was taken down. Is there a live link anywhere? I tried to find it on YouTube but didn’t see anything about Josh posted by Orlovsky.

Looks like the OP video was taken down. Is there a live link anywhere? I tried to find it on YouTube but didn’t see anything about Josh posted by Orlovsky.
Edit: I found another copy of it. I'mma download and clip it and put it on Rumble so the copyright goose steppers don't get it.

Damn. Sorry. Looks like the video got taken down. (Not by me, it was someone else's video)

Basically what he showed was that there were plays earlier in the Titans game that showed certain looks that the Pats ran again later in the game but did something different with the ball. Like a play where they'd go to the left and fake out the linebackers, so on the second time around the linebackers for the titans would be like "Oh we've seen this before" and go to the left only this time Mac would go to the right.

Last edited:
Replaced the broken link

Thanks! Really good point. And of course every once in a while you sprinkle in a few where the second time really is just like the first, so they can’t be too sure. And then either way it starts to slow the defense down, and that’s an advantage Patriots. good stuff.

Edit: I found another copy of it. I'mma download and clip it and put it on Rumble so the copyright goose steppers don't get it.

Damn. Sorry. Looks like the video got taken down. (Not by me, it was someone else's video)

Basically what he showed was that there were plays earlier in the Titans game that showed certain looks that the Pats ran again later in the game but did something different with the ball. Like a play where they'd go to the left and fake out the linebackers, so on the second time around the linebackers for the titans would be like "Oh we've seen this before" and go to the left only this time Mac would go to the right.

No offense but is Orlovaky basically overblowing a play that's simply flipped to the other side ????

No offense but is Orlovaky basically overblowing a play that's simply flipped to the other side ????

You tell me, all I know about breaking down film is that Shawshank is the Tom Brady of movies, followed closely by Avengers: Endgame.

This game?

Yup. Around 90-95 minutes into the game discussion he discusses Jones and ends up saying early 2nd rounder at best

He doesn't even concede a young Ben Roethlesberger outside of throwing ability isn't comparably dynamic to Jones. Ben can obviously keep more plays alive after being hit so from that perspective, he has a valid point but Mac Jones is quicker, more maneuverable in the pocket and faster.

Frankly a bunch of #1 picks such as Baker Mayfield, Joe Burrow and Jameis Winston are not much faster than Mac Jones if they are even as fast so while the fast and off platform QB's are being hyped up by the media, Orlovsky doesn't appreciate several recent QB's still drafted high for some combination of size/arm strength/accuracy/ability to read defenses.

In defense of Orlovsky, seeing Brady win Super Bowl #7 and the Bucs demolish Mahomes and the Chiefs and seeing Mahomes come back to earth a bit has opened up up the guys eyes a little bit.

For as much **** he received over the years, deservedly so for some it even, he is doing a PHENOMENAL job with Jones. The kind of job that, if I was a owner of a club that needs to draft a QB, would make me very interested indeed.

We'll see. If the quality of coaching around the league overall, you cant really say that McD is not a grade above the average, tbh

I don’t know if the give out a yearly award to coordinators but MacDaniels is certainly worthy of it if they do.

Josh certainly deserves the opportunity to coach elsewhere. Would be a big deal if another team poached him. He also seems to have real good rapport with Ziegler in the front office, if someone wanted to bring the pair over at the same time.

MacDaniels doing a great job is really eating away at you. Your agenda is all that matters.

Absolutely, Josh McDaniels has earned the opportunity with another franchise. They would have good reasons to also bring his buddy Ziegler with him. They think very similarly and would create a lot of consistent decision making between coaching and front office. The Eagles missed out last year.

In defense of Orlovsky, seeing Brady win Super Bowl #7 and the Bucs demolish Mahomes and the Chiefs and seeing Mahomes come back to earth a bit has opened up up the guys eyes a little bit.

How NFL "Analysts" work:

If they like a player/narrative:

- You've got to love X's patience. If the defense isn't giving him something, he's not going to force the ball. He'll take the open man, even if it means checking down all drive long.

If they don't like a player/narrative:

- He's got to push the ball downfield more. All he does is dink and dunk. Yeah, the defense is sitting back in a deep cover shell, but he's just dumping the ball off, and that's making it so his team has score by making long, 14 play type drives.

Absolutely, Josh McDaniels has earned the opportunity to take over the Patriots when zBelichick retires.. The Patriots would also have good reasons to make Dave Zeigler the GM given how well their free agent and draft decisions have worked out. They think very similarly and would create a lot of consistent decision making between coaching and front office. The only real mistake they made was in not bringing Cam back, he won the starting job and should never have been released.

Agree with much of that, but I really disagree on Cam Newton. Your belief that he should have been the starter was just complete stupidity.

Josh certainly deserves the opportunity to coach elsewhere. Would be a big deal if another team poached him. He also seems to have real good rapport with Ziegler in the front office, if someone wanted to bring the pair over at the same time.
Who are you and what have you done to @DropKickFlutie ?

Who are you and what have you done to @DropKickFlutie ?

I'm just saying it would be a huge event if Josh McDaniels was poached by another team, and that he absolutely has earned the right to go elsewhere. And he has great synergy with his college roomate Ziegler, who would be great to bring along as well.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back