Damn Pittman to be franchised

Love The Drake

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Colts Franchising Michael Pittman
Gabe Davis
Marquise Brown
Are going to make some money somewhere.

Give me Gabe Davis he can do what useless Tyquan can't :rolleyes: he's a real deep threat. We need to revamp our WR's we have too many deadwoods currently.

Colts Franchising Michael Pittman
Gabe Davis
Marquise Brown
Are going to make some money somewhere.
What's the story on Calvin Ridley?? I see us Triple dipping at @ WR in the Draft good year for that Troy Franklin - Ladd McConkey - Javon Baker and Malachi Corley are my guys after the Top.

What happened last year with free agent RBs is what is happening this year with free agent WRs. If these guys don't sign extensions and now become free agents again in 2025, the 2025 free agent class now looks like this:

-Jamarr Chase
-Ceedee Lamb
-Justin Jefferson
-Brandon Aiyuk
-Amon-Ra St Brown
-Tee Higgins
-Michael Pittman Jr
-Jaylen Waddle
-Devonta Smith
-Zay Jones
-Keenan Allen
-Mike Williams
-Chris Godwin
-Amari Cooper
-Diontae Johnson
-Deandre Hopkins

And many more. Obviously many of these guys will extend with their current teams before 2025, but several won't. Maybe NE should target someone on the above list as a trade+extend candidate.

What happened last year with free agent RBs is what is happening this year with free agent WRs. If these guys don't sign extensions and now become free agents again in 2025, the 2025 free agent class now looks like this:

-Jamarr Chase
-Ceedee Lamb
-Justin Jefferson
-Brandon Aiyuk
-Amon-Ra St Brown
-Tee Higgins
-Michael Pittman Jr
-Jaylen Waddle
-Devonta Smith
-Zay Jones
-Keenan Allen
-Mike Williams
-Chris Godwin
-Amari Cooper
-Diontae Johnson
-Deandre Hopkins

And many more. Obviously many of these guys will extend with their current teams before 2025, but several won't. Maybe NE should target someone on the above list as a trade+extend candidate.
Can't franchise everybody next year WRs class looks noice. :)

Pittman is good but slow and no explosive ability, not what this team needs. Calvin Ridley all the way.

Good we have number 2's already.

His parents named him "Damn"?

Gabe Davis
Darnell mooney
DJ Chark

Can't franchise everybody next year WRs class looks noice. :)
Bro. We need to limit our coveting to this year.
Come On Wow GIF by BrownSugarApp

Franchising Pittman?

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

Gabe Davis
Darnell mooney
DJ Chark
Mooney has struggled.

Chark (on his 3rd team in 6 seasons) and Davis are underwhelming bandaids with questionable catch % rates hovering near the 50 % mark - maybe they catch the ball and maybe they dont. Its the same old song and dance hoping and praying that these guys who failed elsewhere turn into gold. Buffalo is moving on from Davis because they need to get better.

Mooney had 1000 yards in 2021 and has been with a bad QB in Fields since. He’s extremely fast and is a sleeper star in this class.

Mooney has struggled.

Chark (on his 3rd team in 6 seasons) and Davis are underwhelming bandaids with questionable catch % rates hovering near the 50 % mark - maybe they catch the ball and maybe they dont. Its the same old song and dance hoping and praying that these guys who failed elsewhere turn into gold. Buffalo is moving on from Davis because they need to get better.
Just throwing names out there. Slim pickings. Even Ridley is shaky and thats gonna be 16-17 mil a year.
I've always thought Chark could be good.
Mooney has potential. I forgot about Hollywood Brown. Gabe Davis is still young.
Some players need some time to develop some just need to click in the right offense.
I'm not over paying for any of em just throwing possibilities out there.
Who you got in free agency?
Ridley ain't signing with the pats he's going to a team with an elite qb or a really good team

At this point, all the valuable free agents are at the rb and the defense.

Id be more interested in trading for aiyuk or Jefferson than going after any of these wr’s in this class anyway . If you’re putting up big bucks might as well go all the way in.

Id be more interested in trading for aiyuk or Jefferson than going after any of these wr’s in this class anyway . If you’re putting up big bucks might as well go all the way in.
Aiyuk might be the move to make dude
That's a good call

Why would anybody think that Pittman was not going to be franchised?
Because he falls into the “very good”category, not the elite category, for some and the 21.8 million franchise number for wide receivers is nothing to sneeze out.

I try not to too much stock in advance stats, but for a wide receiver, who lacks elite speed, this trend could be a concern.

“Additionally, there’s the matter of his aDOT (average depth of target). Pittman’s aDOT was 7.9, 86th in the league. He averaged a mere 7.4 yards per target, 63rd in the league.”

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back