PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Damien Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it becomes Bolden time again... BB loves him some Bolden. You know it.

I love me some Bolden. One of the best signings of the year. The guy is one of the true unsung heroes of the team. He was also like that in his first tour.

I don't think JMD's gonna change his mind after 12 weeks of having zero intention to use him

Maybe he will get a chance tomorrow !!! Really expected this kid to be utilized a lot more on O and not sure why he hasn’t seen the field. Had a hamstring injury past 2 weeks but didn’t show up on injury report and hoping he gets a shot at some playing time tomorrow ! Go Pats!!!

edit....Man my days are so screwed up!!!:D

Best situation for Harris, he has lots of veterans ahead of him on depth chart who know the blocking assignments, etc

Until they can be confident with him in the passing game, we likely won't see him unless there are injuries or its garbage time

I'm torn whether to wear his Alabama jersey tomorrow night, or to wear Hightower's Patriot's jersey. Hightower's is a genuine jersey. Harris' is an autographed game-worn jersey.

Decisions decisions.......

a well executed #humblebrag

Barring an injury at RB, I don't expect to see Harris on the field this season.

I think we’ll see some of Harris in a September 2020. To expect anything from him this season is unrealistic.
Unrealistic?

A top-90 draft pick?

At RB, the Easiest position to successfully transition from college to pro?

While our running game sucks big moose?

Seriously?

Meanwhile...Dawson...Knox...Foster...Moreau...

If Burkhead is a free agent this offseason, Harris will take his place. If not, it was a pointless pick.

Unrealistic?

A top-90 draft pick?

Seriously?

Not taking a TE, the most glaring need on the team, was unacceptable.

Unrealistic?

A top-90 draft pick?

Seriously?

Not unrealistic “in terms of skill, draft position”. Unrealistic knowing what we do about BB. It’s not that I’m saying it “isn’t possible”. I’m saying “it’s not realistic to believe BB puts rookie RBs in important spots since Maroney”.

BB prefers vets at RB. It’s been shown on quite a few occasions recently. He will take a chance at CB, but not RB. I don’t know why. Protection ? Dunno.

Not taking a TE, the most glaring need on the team, was unacceptable.
Can’t agree. Having an exceptional TE was a luxury. How many more wins would NE have with a first round TE this season ? We’re talking about a “glaring need” on a 10-1 team ?

Not unrealistic “in terms of skill, draft position”. Unrealistic knowing what we do about BB. It’s not that I’m saying it “isn’t possible”. I’m saying “it’s not realistic to believe BB puts rookie RBs in important spots since Maroney”.

BB prefers vets at RB. It’s been shown on quite a few occasions recently. He will take a chance at CB, but not RB. I don’t know why. Protection ? Dunno.
Sony Michel?

Can’t agree. Having an exceptional TE was a luxury. How many more wins would NE have with a first round TE this season ? We’re talking about a “glaring need” on a 10-1 team ?
So during the off-season you didn’t think TE was a need?

Can’t agree. Having an exceptional TE was a luxury...
How about a merely competent one then?

And the "How many more wins would we have..." argument is disingenuous.

So during the off-season you didn’t think TE was a need?
No. I was thinking BB was going to put $ elsewhere and change the offense. It hasn’t been pretty, I’ll grant you that, but I don’t think you need an elite TE to win the SB.

How about a merely competent one then?

And the "How many more wins would we have..." argument is disingenuous.
It isn’t disingenuous. Money and picks can’t be used to get all pros at every position. This year, there is heavy investment in D and it’s been great. I suspect BB thought the OL would play better and that the RBs (deepest position for the last few years) would thrive.

Yes. TE was a glaring need.

Yes. TE was a glaring need.
Glaring need yes. But i think bb tends to draft /manage personnel against the flow. When 3-4 was unpopular, he picked up those FAs and drafted for it. Switched when everyone was competing for same pool of limited 3-4 fit players. Iirc last draft Te was popular, which means he would have to overpay. He saw higher value with under picked rbs. So he tried to fill Te with FAs / throwing jags at the wall and tall WRs.
Agree that outcome was bad, but I at least (call it) "sympathize" with what he was trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back