PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Damien Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawson Knox sure would look nice in this offense.

He certainly has good speed every few weeks I see him catch a nice 20 yarder. I haven't seen his blocking yet.

Could still be a good player for us.

Just a logjam at RB right now.

Might be the same situation like James White who waited until Vereen was gone and then finally showed us why he was drafted.

You’ll see him when you see him..

They tried to sign a few, but the situation was murky due to Gronk not retiring yet.
They dropped the ball at the position of TE all throughout the whole ordeal. Shame on them if they didn’t see any hints prior to the 3/24 announcement. I doubt that they were suddenly blindsided by the decision. Also, they underbid on Jared Cook. Finally, they decided that it would be a good idea to totally ignore the position almost 6 weeks later in the draft. There were plenty of options available in the top 4 rounds.

Not meaning to sound pessimistic about anything else regarding the team or the decisions, but in my opinion, they failed miserably at addressing TE. I suppose they felt that there were other, more pressing needs, but it’s certainly been a major weakness on that side of the ball. Ultimately, in BB we trust, and for good reason.

We let Amendola go for this horrible lot. And evem Hogan for that matter.

And noone frickin ever tell me again how Dorsett is the “speed” guy and about to break out. He never has separation downfield. And Sanu is “possession” receiver aka never open. And Harry is still figuring out the playbook and only good for sweeps and red zone jump balls. And Meyers seems to already have been demoted after his ridiculous drops and penalties.

Meanwhile running game is non-functional without proper TE and FB support. Roberts went down and running game shut down.

TEs are horrible. They can’t block for the running game.s they can’t chip to help pass protection. And they are never used for passing game although today Watson had some catches. But LaCosse is useless and so is Izzo.

Just a frickin ridiculous offense group.

I bet this can be quantified. I bet Pats have the lowest cap space in the league dedicated to the WR/TE group. Pay peanuts. Get monkeys.

LOL at bumping this thread from five weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft