PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Dalton Keene

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bout you go listen to the commentator at the 57 sec mark of the same game.

Exactly. Please pay attention to Keene losing leverage and his footing and getting nonviolently pushed over on this play while simultaneously ignoring the THREE TOUCHDOWNS he had scored in the game.

He definitely doesn't want you to watch this play, from the same game:

https://imgur.com/KLUQGP0

Or read about what his coaches had to say about it:

In search of a favorite Dalton Keene highlight? Dig deep to find the context behind that story. Defensive end Trevon Hill, who coincidentally just signed with the Patriots as an undrafted free agent, grew tired of his lack of playing time at Virginia Tech, transferred to Miami and talked a ton of trash last season before the teams met.

“He was going to get after Trevon’s ass,” Wes Keene said. They lined up Keene opposite of Hill. The very first play, Keene drove Hill 7 yards off the ball to set the tone, and Keene had his way with the matchup to a point where Miami’s coaches had to pull Hill off the field.

“(That’s) the play I remember most,” Foster said. “He wanted to make a statement in a lot of ways. (Hill) felt like he got screwed a little bit, was mouthing a lot going into the game. I think it set the tone for the game.”

In the day of spread offenses, blocking has become a lost art for many tight ends. Not Keene. That’s must-watch stuff at Virginia Tech, and his coaches testified there was no better way to fire up their whole sideline than to watch him serve pancakes on Saturday afternoons.

“If I wasn’t talking to my (defensive line) guys,” Wiles said, “I was always watching Dalton because of the way he finished blocks, the way he finished on people. It’s pretty impressive.”

Keene, a building construction major, was described as “quarterback smart” and even helped the offensive line with some of their checks and pre-snap blocking calls.

The smarts are great. The want-to is admirable. The execution won over the NFL.

iapatsfan, trying to out-douche Captain Stone, and succeeding. What a putz.

Exactly. Please pay attention to Keene losing leverage and his footing and getting nonviolently pushed over on this play while simultaneously ignoring the THREE TOUCHDOWNS he had scored in the game.

He definitely doesn't want you to watch this play, from the same game:

https://imgur.com/KLUQGP0
Or read about what his coaches had to say about it:

In search of a favorite Dalton Keene highlight? Dig deep to find the context behind that story. Defensive end Trevon Hill, who coincidentally just signed with the Patriots as an undrafted free agent, grew tired of his lack of playing time at Virginia Tech, transferred to Miami and talked a ton of trash last season before the teams met.

“He was going to get after Trevon’s ass,” Wes Keene said. They lined up Keene opposite of Hill. The very first play, Keene drove Hill 7 yards off the ball to set the tone, and Keene had his way with the matchup to a point where Miami’s coaches had to pull Hill off the field.

“(That’s) the play I remember most,” Foster said. “He wanted to make a statement in a lot of ways. (Hill) felt like he got screwed a little bit, was mouthing a lot going into the game. I think it set the tone for the game.”

In the day of spread offenses, blocking has become a lost art for many tight ends. Not Keene. That’s must-watch stuff at Virginia Tech, and his coaches testified there was no better way to fire up their whole sideline than to watch him serve pancakes on Saturday afternoons.

“If I wasn’t talking to my (defensive line) guys,” Wiles said, “I was always watching Dalton because of the way he finished blocks, the way he finished on people. It’s pretty impressive.”

Keene, a building construction major, was described as “quarterback smart” and even helped the offensive line with some of their checks and pre-snap blocking calls.

The smarts are great. The want-to is admirable. The execution won over the NFL.

iapatsfan, trying to out-douche Captain Stone, and succeeding. What a putz.

The guy is a high effort average-below average player. His career is evidence of that.

He should be a fixture on special teams.

Tremendous work ethic and character. Every spring break he chose to get-up at 630am and go to his HS and train and teach HS football players.

A teammate that other players admire.

He will never be out worked or unprepared.

Plus he can find, kill, and cook a wild boar.

Sounds like Rudy, minus the hunting. I'll pass.

By the way, it's not difficult to find, kill and cook a wild boar.

Sounds like Rudy, minus the hunting. I'll pass.

By the way, it's not difficult to find, kill and c

ook a wild boar.

Carving a spear and jumping from ten feet out of a tree to wrasle a 200lb horned pissed off animal is not easy for this 62 year old man.

Carving a spear and jumping from ten feet out of a tree to wrasle a 200lb horned pissed off animal is not easy for this 62 year old man.

Keep yourself in the tree and use a bow and arrow. You'll be fine.

I've watched bow making on Dual Survival but I'm not that handy.

Dropping a rock is probably the extent of my skill set.

Doesn't change the fact that that was a pathetic blocking "attempt."

No doubt it was a bad attempt. But not going to make a judgment on his blocking on one attempt. And I’m sure he’s had more reps where he’s been beat. But we’ve also seen reps where he’s finishing blocks, pancaking his opponent.

He's not a good blocker. He's a very high effort blocker, but not a good one.

That's fine by me, you can teach how to block well. You can't teach effort and toughness.

Don't read about it. Watch him. He tries hard, but he's an avg-below avg tight end...in every way.

That's going to depend an awful lot on how the offense he's on uses him. Aaron Hernandez you could also argue was below average blocker unless he was blocking a much smaller corner/safety... Didn't really hamper his impact on the offense. The pats will find out what hes good at and use him there.

Not agreeing with your assement but I can respect it. I think for sure his technique can be cleaned up and will at the next level. What jumps out to me is his willingless to mix it up and get his jersey dirty and the intensity/toughness he displays.

20 catches a year?

And this evidence of him being good blocker?

Criminally underused at Virginia Tech. So I can understand the glass half empty take.

That's going to depend an awful lot on how the offense he's on uses him. Aaron Hernandez you could also argue was below average blocker unless he was blocking a much smaller corner/safety... Didn't really hamper his impact on the offense. The pats will find out what hes good at and use him there.

Not agreeing with your assement but I can respect it. I think for sure his technique can be cleaned up and will at the next level. What jumps out to me is his willingless to mix it up and get his jersey dirty and the intensity/toughness he displays.

Aaron Hernandez was a difference maker in college. Keene is a high-effort guy...nothing more.

Criminally underused at Virginia Tech. So I can understand the glass half empty take.

Why was he underused if he was the player some are making him out to be? He's a high effort guy, and I'm sure he has a lot of people hoping he succeeds, but his play screams JAG.

What is it this guy supposedly does well?
A little bit of everything..that's what attracted the Patriots to him. He's played inline, flex, full back , H-back ..hes taken hand offs for positive yardage...shows commitment in blocking.

Sure he may even become a jack of all trades, master of none....but there is value to that in itself.

So does BB have a Hokie connection who has inside knowledge of Dalton that doesn't show up on the stat sheet?

Fyi A Hokie is a 124 year old spirit cheer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back