PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dallas Cowboys chosen for Hard Knocks

Depends on two things:
  • Do we get to see the September Cam that had us wondering if the Pats should extend him, or do we get more of the December Cam that had us questioning their faith in him?
  • If we do get December Cam 2.0, how quickly does Belichick pull the plug?
I just think we went 7-9 last year. With 17 games and an improved team, 10-7 should be plausible.

Depends on two things:
  • Do we get to see the September Cam that had us wondering if the Pats should extend him, or do we get more of the December Cam that had us questioning their faith in him?
  • If we do get December Cam 2.0, how quickly does Belichick pull the plug?
No later then July

I just think we went 7-9 last year. With 17 games and an improved team, 10-7 should be plausible.

I hope you are right. I think we have a blue collar, "ascending players" type team. McCourty and Gilmore are a bit long in the tooth, but otherwise our younger guys are intriguing.

Obviously it depends on the QB. Brady ramped up for a few years, so Mac will have a learning curve too, but I hope he starts the season and I will live with his mistakes.

It is a fun year to look forward to, but if Cam is starting it takes a lot of the wind out of the sails for me. Cam has a low ceiling and we are inherently limited with him.

I hope you are right. I think we have a blue collar, "ascending players" type team. McCourty and Gilmore are a bit long in the tooth, but otherwise our younger guys are intriguing.

Obviously it depends on the QB. Brady ramped up for a few years, so Mac will have a learning curve too, but I hope he starts the season and I will live with his mistakes.

It is a fun year to look forward to, but if Cam is starting it takes a lot of the wind out of the sails for me. Cam has a low ceiling and we are inherently limited with him.

It's a weird defense in that Hightower, Gilmore, Devin could all be gone in a year. This is partly why I'm all for going for it now. The rebuild after will take time...

I guess the best scenario is Cam has a good enough season to get us 10 or 11 wins, we get into the playoffs and maybe win a WC game at least and then Mac is ready to go for the next season after that. I am okay with Mac not starting next season IF its in the best interest for Mac himself and the team.

I didn't want to make a new thread about it but there's all this buzz about Micah Parsons being a swiss army knife. I took a look. I dunno.

1. His "highlight" clips are basically him lining up in the same spot and using speed. We've seen Uche and Winovich have the same skills.
2. Haven't seen him against runD. Going to guess not elite there against offensive linemen.
3. They moved him to Defensive End. Bad sign for me. Ok he's a fast pass rusher but maybe not a great pass defender. And questionable runD.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back