PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cyrus Jones waived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJRomanoff

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
SIGN THE BEAST.

Right? He's a player on another team so we have to give him a look right? Grass is always greener, etc etc.

image.jpeg

Hopefully he'll return punts for one of the future opponents of the Patriots. Sort of the gift that keeps on giving.

dd5uns1.jpg

I sort of feel bad for him. Gets a fresh start and then his old team comes in and boom - done.

I sort of feel bad for him. Gets a fresh start and then his old team comes in and boom - done.
Agreed, even though I laughed at a few of the posts above. Man the NFL is a tough business.

Perhaps playing football is not his calling.

Don't feel bad for any of them ...
They make enough money in one year to buy a house for cash ...

He should try kickoff or punt coverage...maybe a gunner. CB and PR is not his gig.

He should try kickoff or punt coverage...maybe a gunner. CB and PR is not his gig.
Yep ... the ball is an issue for him.

Yep ... the ball is an issue for him.

If you could combine Cyrus Jones' brain with Jordan Richards body...you would have an even worse football player.

Last edited:
Agreed, even though I laughed at a few of the posts above. Man the NFL is a tough business.
Thing is, even a guy like that should be financially set for life if he's been smart with his money.

He needs to find a new vocation.

Cyrus Jones, yet another 2nd round pick flushed down the drains by the Pats. Will Joejuan Williams be the latest such bust? I hope not but I haven't even seen the kid see the NFL field yet. Wish we had taken a TE, OL, or WR instead.

Cyrus Jones, yet another 2nd round pick flushed down the drains by the Pats. Will Joejuan Williams be the latest such bust? I hope not but I haven't even seen the kid see the NFL field yet. Wish we had taken a TE, OL, or WR instead.

Yeah, yeah. But should the Patriots bring Jones in for a workout?

Bringhimin for at leasta workout andphysical.

Disclaimer: I still like the kid. I loved him in college. Was VERY good for Saban at Alabama. He had a case of the yips his first year, got hurt, and in year two, had trouble getting his confidence back.I have to wonder how well he was received and/or supported in the locker room,or by the coaching staff. Ah well. I still have his autographed Alabama jersey hanging in my closet.

Like to see him back as a backup CB and returner. Nice to have another body in case the injury bug strikes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back