PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutting edge protection - coming to the NFL soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsgofor4

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Incredible technology. Bill, please get on this and integrate this material into every helmet. While you’re at it, ask them to make onesies for TB12, Gronk and China doll Hightower.

This orange, squishy body armor material could save lives

Can someone who has a Twitter account forward this to the Pats main account, BB, Kraft, TB12. The Pats players will be indestructible!

I was just reading about that and as they were talking about it for military.law enforcement, I thought football would be ideal as well. Especially the helmet.

Only needing a few millimeters of thickness, it might allow athletes to be faster/quicker (closer to their combine times). The real issue would be, is it enough to prevent things like ACL-type injuries or would players need braces, ...

If it's really effect, TB might be able to go back to celebrating by head butting his receivers and not have to worry about giving them a concussion.

This does seem cool, and I hope it helps keep people safe. Unfortunately, from what I understand of concussions and CTE, it's the cumulative effect of collisions, not just hard hits to the head, that can cause long-lasting injury. I'm not sure that this kind of tech would apply as well to football.

Incredible technology. Bill, please get on this and integrate this material into every helmet.

Helmets? Sure... but how about the unis...

...so everybody in the NFL is as invulnerable as Luke Cage. :)

Last edited:
Incredible technology. Bill, please get on this and integrate this material into every helmet. While you’re at it, ask them to make onesies for TB12, Gronk and China doll Hightower.

This orange, squishy body armor material could save lives

Can someone who has a Twitter account forward this to the Pats main account, BB, Kraft, TB12. The Pats players will be indestructible!
I have long theorized that science will solve the concussion/CTE issue in football. This stuff might be part of the puzzle (I wonder how it performs in cold weather). I also have wondered why this has not gotten more attention:

New collar shows promise for concussion prevention

This #### is like vibranium. Hey, that gives me an idea...

Marvel's new superhero: Orange Panther

Regards,
Chris

Can't wait for "Helmetgate!"...

Goodell won't rest until he's installed every stupid rule and investigated every PR attempt in his goal to avoid anything which might actually prevent injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft