PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cut Players who might get a looksee from the Pats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quentin Moses was ranked a first rounder before the draft
A year before the draft. Not many, if any, had him as a first rounder this past April.

I liked Danny Ware for a late-round pick, and now he could be available for the PS. Also, WR Chris Davis got a look from BB in the preseason.

Both from the Jets, FWIW.
That Chris Davis is not the Chris Davis you are looking for. That Chris Davis is still on the Titans roster.

KC just released a CB that hasnt looked half bad in camp (if you watch Hard Knocks on HBO) named Justin Phinisee.

I also think they will take a look at A. Glenn.

KC just released a CB that hasnt looked half bad in camp (if you watch Hard Knocks on HBO) named Justin Phinisee.

I also think they will take a look at A. Glenn.
Phinisee has already been here.

That Chris Davis is not the Chris Davis you are looking for. That Chris Davis is still on the Titans roster.

Well I'll be darned. They both go 5-10, 180, too. Thanks for the clarification.

Well I'll be darned. They both go 5-10, 180, too. Thanks for the clarification.
Could be I've got the wrong Chris Davis. We're talking about the sleeper-pick 4th round pick out of FSU?

Regarding the Gaddis S question earlier, you may be confusing him with Gattis.

From Chicago: CB Tim Mixon
From Detroit: CB A.J. Davis, CB Ramzee Robinson
From Jacksonville: S Josh Gattis
From NYJ: LB Jason Trusnik
From Pittsburgh: LB Rian Wallace (I don't know him from Adam, but he's had two seasons and 3 Training Camps with Pit as a LB...)
From San Diego: LB Nick Roach
From Washington: LB Dallas Sartz

Dallas cut this kid on the 28th: LB Dedrick Harrington

I'm pretty sure that the 49ers cut Darnell Bing safety.
Might be worth a look.

Aaron Glenn
Tyrone Poole
Verron Haynes

Last edited:
Re: Cut Players who might get a looksee from the Pats....

He couldn't even make the Cardinals defense, and you want to take a flyer on him?

In fairness to Davis, he had to compete against Monty Biesel at LB. ;)

Seriously, though, I'm surprised that Davis didn't carve out a niche on special teams. I could see him as the next Larry Izzo.

CB Derrick Strait (Panthers)

Could be I've got the wrong Chris Davis. We're talking about the sleeper-pick 4th round pick out of FSU?

Yup, that's the guy I (and, more importantly, BB) was interested in; looks like the rookie WR cut from NYJ went to Wake Forest.

I don't know what's up with Donovan Darius? I'm assuming he couldn't pick up Rob Ryan's defense there in Oakland or had attitude problems. I wonder if we would be willing to sign him to a vet minimum for depth purposes?

Given the lack of depth at OLB, Quentin Moses should certainly be considered. Not arguing he was worth a day one pick in the draft, but as a practice squad player, he should be a very good developmental OLB candidate. Further, with only three OLB on the roster, it should be an attractive opportunity - with as good a chance of making the regular roster and developing as anywhere in football.

Given the lack of depth at OLB, Quentin Moses should certainly be considered. Not arguing he was worth a day one pick in the draft, but as a practice squad player, he should be a very good developmental OLB candidate. Further, with only three OLB on the roster, it should be an attractive opportunity - with as good a chance of making the regular roster and developing as anywhere in football.

Moses was seen as a late first rounder pre-combine: http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=713

Lack of upper-body strength (17 bench reps) probably hurt him. At the very least, he's a pass-rushing OLB who could become another TBC in a couple of years. With the unavoidable NE LB turnover looming any season now, I'd put him on the PS with Rogers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe