Current list of NE FA statuses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Does anyone have a pointer to a current list of all the NE players who became free agents at the end of the season and what their current statuses are? Ideally it would be something like:
John Doe - still unsigned
Richard Roe - signed with NE for 3 years
Joe Smith - signed with XXX for 5 years
etc.

Does anyone have a pointer to a current list of all the NE players who became free agents at the end of the season and what their current statuses are? Ideally it would be something like:
etc.

2019 NFL Free Agents Tracker

This new search function on the interweb is pretty sweet. Most answers are easily found with just a few keystrokes.

On the BSJ, Chris Price, in his Sunday post, noted that there will be 23 UFA's at the end of this season. He noted that list includes: Brady, Devin McCourty, Kyle Van Noy and Joe Thuney.

Another note of interest from his notes, which highlighted the great expectations of K'neal Harry. He added a "best of list" of the stats of all the rookie WR's the Pats have had going back to Jim Couclaugh in 1960. Terry Glenn led the way with 900 yds, but in the Bellichick era it was Aaron Dobson who had 519 yds in his rookie year.

One very interesting stat was the the guy who had the best catch percentage AND the most yards per target was Malcolm Mitchell. So sad that his promise was snuffed out so early by injuries.

BTW- it was a great "notes" article by Price with comments from Harry's trainer, wondering why Edelman has never been a captain, and a great story about BB Todd Sauerbrun and Pacman Jones. If you have an extra $5/mo and are a Boston sports fan, it's worth it just for the football coverage. but they do a great job on the other sports as well. IMHO

So, Van Noy is going to be the key FA for us next year.

OK, so for you, the loss of Van Noy would be more important that that of Devin McCourty or Thuney.

So, Van Noy is going to be the key FA for us next year.

etc.

Richard Roe was traded during the draft

OK, so for you, the loss of Van Noy would be more important that that of Devin McCourty or Thuney.

Yes, it would. Van Noy is in his prime. McCourty was on the verge of considering retirement. We just drafted a guard who is going to compete for that open slot. Guards like Thuney these days are getting $9m a year contracts. That doesn't fit in with what the Patriots want to do.

Plus, Van Noy was a beast this year, especially in the playoffs.

As of right now, the most important FA in 2020 is the GOAT.

2nd is DMc.

3rd is KVN

As of right now, the most important FA in 2020 is the GOAT.

2nd is DMc.

3rd is KVN
Sounds right. I’m with the posters suggesting KVN is key. I’m higher on Harmon than most on here, so I could live with KVN and Harmon going into 2020.

Will be unpopular opinion, but Brady did slip some last year. No, I’m not saying I want him gone. No, I’m not saying a replacement will do better. I am saying that compared to HIS lofty standards, 2018 was not up to par. And I suspect we’ll see more and more un-Brady-like play going forward.

I want to see lotsa running and D in 2019. That way, some of the pressure will be off Brady, who has carried so so many squads since his arrival.

DMc either retires on re-signs on the cheap.

Van Noy might go after the money. I don't blame him, might be his sole choice of making bank

Im not sure about Thuney. Although he's greeat, would BB pay for him after having secured Mason? On one hand, u need to make sure your 40 year old QB isn't hit, on the other hand, as long as Scar is on, we can pretty much make decent O-lineman out of trashcans

Sounds right. I’m with the posters suggesting KVN is key. I’m higher on Harmon than most on here, so I could live with KVN and Harmon going into 2020.

Will be unpopular opinion, but Brady did slip some last year. No, I’m not saying I want him gone. No, I’m not saying a replacement will do better. I am saying that compared to HIS lofty standards, 2018 was not up to par. And I suspect we’ll see more and more un-Brady-like play going forward.

I want to see lotsa running and D in 2019. That way, some of the pressure will be off Brady, who has carried so so many squads since his arrival.
Tom is still the QB I want on the playoffs. That's worth everything

I agree. Brady's best days are likely behind him and I wouldn't take him over someone like Patrick Mahomes at this point anymore. But he is still a top 3-5 QB and should be more than enough reaching our goals if other parts on the team are up to par, defense and running game. But considering the 1-2 QBs I'd rather have atm aren't attainable for us, I'm happy that Brady is leading the team.

Of course this could all blow up in my face if Brady has a 2016 like vintage performance season.

On the BSJ, Chris Price, in his Sunday post, noted that there will be 23 UFA's at the end of this season. He noted that list includes: Brady, Devin McCourty, Kyle Van Noy and Joe Thuney.

Another note of interest from his notes, which highlighted the great expectations of K'neal Harry. He added a "best of list" of the stats of all the rookie WR's the Pats have had going back to Jim Couclaugh in 1960. Terry Glenn led the way with 900 yds, but in the Bellichick era it was Aaron Dobson who had 519 yds in his rookie year.

One very interesting stat was the the guy who had the best catch percentage AND the most yards per target was Malcolm Mitchell. So sad that his promise was snuffed out so early by injuries.

BTW- it was a great "notes" article by Price with comments from Harry's trainer, wondering why Edelman has never been a captain, and a great story about BB Todd Sauerbrun and Pacman Jones. If you have an extra $5/mo and are a Boston sports fan, it's worth it just for the football coverage. but they do a great job on the other sports as well. IMHO

I agree. I’ve always liked Bedard a lot and Price has picked up his game. I’m a member even though I only follow the Pats and Sox. I think it’s still worth it.

I expect at least 2 of those 3 to be gone next year.

What are the turnover rates in other years? Seems to me there was always a 20% or more turnover almost every year but I may be wrong....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes