PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Current list of NE FA statuses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think McCourty retires and Van Noy will command a healthy salary in 2020.

I hope Van Noy signs somewhere for the largest salary in League history, because of the implications of that on his performance, and the team's success, this year.

I hope Van Noy signs somewhere for the largest salary in League history, because of the implications of that on his performance, and the team's success, this year.
Lol. Hope so. I wouldn't say league record at this point but the way the LB market is trending I wouldn't rule out 14 or 15 million per year either.

I'm betting Van Noy re ups at about 7.5 or 8 mill a season.
Same was said about Flowers. If he re ups at that number his agent works for NE.

OK, so for you, the loss of Van Noy would be more important that that of Devin McCourty or Thuney.

If I may,

I think the dancing Dane was drafted for that reason. Saffold got 11 mill, which is Thuney can expect from the hometown Browns next year after the Zietler trade this year.

Van Noy as a 29 YO LB is more critical than a 33 YO McCourty that was already talking about hanging it up this year. Van Noy can be expected to give 3 years of service to the team while Devin at 33 would not. I think the pats have some good DBs that are young and should provide less of a drop off over those years than Van Noy to whomever. Also Hightower will be 31 and going into his last year of his deal next off season.

Same was said about Flowers. If he re ups at that number his agent works for NE.

Nobody who knew anything about football ever predicted Flowers could be signed for less than 10M average. Even the homers were saying "well, maybe he'll take $12M..."

Nobody who knew anything about football ever predicted Flowers could be signed for less than 10M average. Even the homers were saying "well, maybe he'll take $12M..."

Nobody predicted 18M either.

fair enough

I suppose, if I consider ages, a Van Noy extension would have most value to us.

If I may,

I think the dancing Dane was drafted for that reason. Saffold got 11 mill, which is Thuney can expect from the hometown Browns next year after the Zietler trade this year.

Van Noy as a 29 YO LB is more critical than a 33 YO McCourty that was already talking about hanging it up this year. Van Noy can be expected to give 3 years of service to the team while Devin at 33 would not. I think the pats have some good DBs that are young and should provide less of a drop off over those years than Van Noy to whomever. Also Hightower will be 31 and going into his last year of his deal next off season.

Some folks here predicted over $15M AAV.
not at this point last year. Frankly I don't expect KVN to get 15 per year but I wouldn't expect him to sign for less than 10 and probably more in the 12 range.

Some folks here predicted over $15M AAV.
That’s my recollection. I thought 15 mil AAV would be the floor for his deal.

Agree, but he’s pretty close to Hightower IMO so 7.5 to 8 mil feels about right to me.
He’s pretty close to Hightower if you include Hightower injury concerns. Both healthy on the football it’s not close at all.

Agree, but he’s pretty close to Hightower IMO so 7.5 to 8 mil feels about right to me.
Yeah but here's the thing. Since Hightower signed his deal in 2016 the cap has gone up 41%. That has got to figure into whatever numbers players are going to get in 2020.

That being said, the numbers these days for even "good" players is insane. I just read where Trent Brown's OT rating was just "good", yet he got a historically big contract. I mean a contract worthy of a Jonathan Ogden type player....and as much as I respect what Trent Brown accomplished last season, he should NEVER be named in the same breath as Jonathan Ogden.

I was predicting $15m average for Flowers by mid season. It became clear once the season ended it would be even higher. We all know what happens in free agency. Average players get good contracts and good players get great contracts.

Van Noy is going to want to get paid given his career earnings thus far. And he's going to command at least $12m a year I think but maybe as high at $14m. And we certainly won't pay it.

He’s pretty close to Hightower if you include Hightower injury concerns. Both healthy on the football it’s not close at all.
I’m only saying based on how they performed last year. IMO Hightower under performed while Van Noy over performed to the point where their contributions in the playoffs and the super bowl in particular was pretty close. I’d still give the edge to Hightower but not by much.

I agree. Brady's best days are likely behind him and I wouldn't take him over someone like Patrick Mahomes at this point anymore. But he is still a top 3-5 QB and should be more than enough reaching our goals if other parts on the team are up to par, defense and running game. But considering the 1-2 QBs I'd rather have atm aren't attainable for us, I'm happy that Brady is leading the team.

Of course this could all blow up in my face if Brady has a 2016 like vintage performance season.

“ Brady’s best days are behind him”

HA

I laugh at that.

He’s only won 6 Lombardi’s

Better days are ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes