PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran's reporting on Mayo being the next head coach

This wont go over well with the fan base but ultimately if they can draft well over the next couple yrs and clean up penalties
If this is true, I'm out. Mayo with Stevie B as the DC? Is Rod Rust not available?

One of the major reasons to fire Bill is to get rid of the nepotism.

Vrabel is by far the better candidate. He's the perfect guy to take over from BB. Mayo with Stevie B means years of mediocrity..
Exactly.... It's just the same

Curran was right of course. You don't cover the team for so long and have such a large platform and not have sources on the team.

Just curious, I understand Kraft has final say, but who would he consult with, if anyone?

Harbaugh
Vrabel, Ben Johnson
Slowik
McDonald
Mayo
In that order.
I agree. Harbaugh has a winning record with the 49ers and a Super Bowl appearance as a head coach already and is a newly minted national champion. If we want to get back to our winning ways. This seems like the most logical option. We might as well have kept bill if he wants to hire mayo or vrabel imo

I agree. Harbaugh has a winning record with the 49ers and a Super Bowl appearance as a head coach already and is a newly minted national champion. If we want to get back to our winning ways. This seems like the most logical option. We might as well have kept bill if he wants to hire mayo or vrabel imo
Harbaugh will require a blank check from Krafty Bob, his insight on the drafts QBs would also be invaluable.

Ugh, make me vomit
JM is going wherever Bill goes IMO. Anyway the parting was imminent we all knew this. Bill is still the greatest. All things in life evolve. Looking forward to how the organization bounces back.

All of which is good.
My only hesitation there is that Mayo probably has huge support of the locker room and that's an asset to be accounted for in all this.
How many of those players will be on the next roster?
I’d say 20 to 30 tops:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back