PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran's reporting on Mayo being the next head coach

I like Curren, but I liked him a little better when Kay Adams was on his show.

I do hope he is wrong about Mayo

I like Curren, but I liked him a little better when Kay Adams was on his show.

I do hope he is wrong about Mayo
You don't say

07e4ac2fffa50fcbde5d5870abd15159

If what Curran is saying is true and the Kraft knew they were moving on from BB back in November, why is it taking so long to finalize their decision? Especially if Mayo is the next coach.
Maybe he wants to be respectful of Belichick and maybe negotiate some graceful exit. There really is no hurry yet as formal interviews can't start until January 22 per Greg Bedard.

Last edited:
Watching videos on YouTube and the Boston media seems pissed off nothing is happening because they were wrong thinking Bill was going to get fired.

There are going to lose it when it's announced he's returning for 2024.

Maybe he wants to be respectful of Belichick and maybe negotiate some graceful exit. There really is no hurry yet as formal interviews can't start until January 22 per Greg Bedard.
The only thing that could happen is Kraft offers to rip up Bill's contract so he can go where he wants. The problem for Bob is, Bill likes where he is. Bob doesn't want to let go of that $25M.

Curran doubling down that he has more intel than others and the decsion has been made

"Look, if you're among the unwashed masses, you might think Bill has a chance to stay. But I know better than you and I am better than you. Bill is gone." - Curran

"Look, if you're among the unwashed masses, you might think Bill has a chance to stay. But I know better than you and I am better than you. Bill is gone." - Curran
He sounds pretty confident it’s a done deal.

Maybe Mayo was the choice before Vrabel became available?

Maybe Mayo was the choice before Vrabel became available?
What a disaster that would be. Maybe Mayo shocks everyone but at Krafts age that would be risky hoping for a quick turn around. He might not have the time for Mayo to screw up until he figures it out. We fans aren't exactly patient either.

Meanwhile Washington is interviewing Slowik.
I wish we had some clarity and as I said weeks ago I want to see Kraft interview a lot of candidates.

He sounds pretty confident it’s a done deal.
Did he have to say "if you're just some electrician, for example, you might wrongly think he has a shot to stay"? (can't remember exact wording)

Only in-person interviews for coaches currently employed by teams have to wait that long. If a coach is not employed by a team currently (Vrabel) they can interview now. Additionally, some virtual-only interviews are already able to be done for coaches of teams not in the playoffs this weekend. If they are in the playoffs, that holds til next week.

No.

Worst case is rolling with BOB or Josh McDaniels as the next HC.
Agreed. McDaniels is the worst case scenario. BOB would be fine I guess because at least he had some success in the league. But I'd rather do a clean sweep.

Curran was right about moving on, now will see if he’s right about Mayo.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back