PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran's reporting on Mayo being the next head coach

worse

he's a shill for management and undercut Bill all year

he's even worse than Felger
He was the one journalist who actually believed in Bill and the Pats. He picked them to have 11 wins and be in the playoffs before the season started

I can't prove it, but I strongly suspect, O'Brien was the "team source" Bedard used for his Mayo hit piece recently. If anyone had an agenda to get Mayo out of consideration for HC I think BoB would be the leading suspect.

Then that article by Kyed and Callahan making excuses for O'Brien's failure to improve the offense at all cited a Team Source that quite possibly was BoB. I mean who else would be making excuses for the O while simultaneously taking shots at Offensive Assistants who were not BoB's guys?

Apparently it was Bill himself behind the Mayo "hit piece" (which is all likely true, BTW) and Not O'Brien.

Krafts really ****ed this all up, hiring the unqualified HC before the GM... And what GM candidate who receives Even One legit offer elsewhere is gonna want to come here now into this situation? As Mike Ditka once said: Zero.

Apparently it was Bill himself behind the Mayo "hit piece" (which is all likely true, BTW) and Not O'Brien.

Krafts really ****ed this all up, hiring the unqualified HC before the GM... And what GM candidate who receives Even One legit offer elsewhere is gonna want to come here now into this situation? As Mike Ditka once said: Zero.
I agree and am on record as believing this was handled about as poorly as possible, and it wasn’t a real search.

I also believe that if Mayo isn’t good and FAST, RK’s HOF chances during his lifetime are gone.

To be clear, I’d be thrilled to be dead wrong and see Mayo flourish. I just don’t see it as likely.

Yeah… Marcus Jones, Christian Gonzalez, Keion White, Schooler… Groh has been terrible (insert eye roll here)

Two of these names are not like the others.

I also believe that if Mayo isn’t good and FAST, RK’s HOF chances during his lifetime are gone.
Why? Jerruh has had much less success over a longer time and he's in the HoF.

Where did you hear that? That Mayo hit piece was written by Greg Bedard. I have a really hard time believing Greg Bedard would write anything at Belichick's behest. They hate each other passionately.

Where did you hear that? That Mayo hit piece was written by Greg Bedard. I have a really hard time believing Greg Bedard would write anything at Belichick's behest. They hate each other passionately.
Agree. The most likely reason for it is that Bedard is pissy at Kraft that he went to Curran and not him.

Agree. The most likely reason for it is that Bedard is pissy at Kraft that he went to Curran and not him.
So let me get this straight. Belichick wants to get a story out and feeds it to a reporter he hates (and knows hates him) instead of a reporter he's on better terms with? Still not buying it.

Occum's Razor, either Belichick was the source and leaked to a guy he hated over anyone else, because that reporter also hates Kraft. Or the simpler explanation: The source wasn't Belichick.

So let me get this straight. Belichick wants to get a story out and feeds it to a reporter he hates (and knows hates him) instead of a reporter he's on better terms with? Still not buying it.

Occum's Razor, either Belichick was the source and leaked to a guy he hated over anyone else, because that reporter also hates Kraft. Or the simpler explanation: The source wasn't Belichick.

Could've been one of Bill's children too.

I said the exact opposite.
No one told Bedard anything. Belichick wouldn't piss on Bedard if he were on fire.

I said the exact opposite.
No one told Bedard anything. Belichick wouldn't piss on Bedard if he were on fire.
Oops, sorry. I didn't read your post closely enough. My mistake.

This type of cryptic response is only pithy and funny when we understand who you're talking about.

Two were voted to an All Pro teams, the other two look like uber talented rookies. All good so far.

Since you obviously can't or won't figure this out on your own:

Yes, Gonzo & White should be good players going forward; but...

Marcus the Midget is a Returner-Only at this point; whenever he's attempted to play defense, he's sucked... And he's extremely brittle too, just as he was in college... An over-draft by a Full Round.

And naming Schooler as an accomplishment is a ****ing Joke.

Since you obviously can't or won't figure this out on your own:

Yes, Gonzo & White should be good players going forward; but...

Marcus the Midget is a Returner-Only at this point; whenever he's attempted to play defense, he's sucked... And he's extremely brittle too, just as he was in college... An over-draft by a Full Round.

And naming Schooler as an accomplishment is a ****ing Joke.
Marcus Jones played up and down as a rookie, but mostly good since being drafted. He has only improved the more he played.

He’s a slot CB, the Patriots didn’t use bigger taller Gilmore to cover Tyreek Hill, they use Jon Jones, because there’s a tool for every job. Schooler plays special teams… suggesting ST’s don’t matter shows a real football ignorance.

There’s a bunch more draftees I could name, Barmore, Rhamondre, Onwenu, Baringer, Demario… this team has a lot of homegrown talent. They need to find a QB.

Learn the game.

Mayo deserves a chance to succeed. Its ridiculous to say that it was a terrible decision to hire him before he has even been introduced.

Lets see how this all pans out and hope for the best

I am glad toxic dictator Bill is gone and looking forward to a new culture with Mayo

Give him a chance

Patsfans be like, "I didn't want Mayo on that!"

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes