PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could the Pats trade for Michael Thomas?

If Joe Flacco and nick foles can win a superbowl, so can mac jones... no point mortgaging the future and present for Michael thomas.
Good heavens.

Slant boy would fit in really well here.

If Joe Flacco and nick foles can win a superbowl, so can mac jones... no point mortgaging the future and present for Michael thomas.
What?o_O

This isn’t directed at you. There are several others that appear to be confused by what he said. Or I’m confused. I think what he’s saying is hold onto our assets and build a team around Mac. If Flacco and Foles can win it all surrounded by a great team, anyone can. Dilfer also comes to mind.

This isn’t directed at you. There are several others that appear to be confused by what he said. Or I’m confused. I think what he’s saying is hold onto our assets and build a team around Mac. If Flacco and Foles can win it all surrounded by a great team, anyone can. Dilfer also comes to mind.
Yes, I think it goes back to fans over valuing shiny things like wide receivers and running backs. Having the best wr in the game doesn't get you a superbowl win. Having the best team wins the superbowl.

Pats need more help on the back end, not their Offense, especially when Smith and Henry are healthy......

Great player, horrible as a professional. Not answering your employer for 3 months?? That's a big red flag.

Team does something: They're just protecting their interests and establishing a strong negotiating position by sending a message.

Player does something: Huge red flag, emotional basket case. Unreliable.

That's correct.. I should have been more elaborate.. thanks for clarifying...

Naaah I'm not trading Gilmore or Agholor for Thomas. I'd trade draft picks all day though, Pats suck at drafting WRs so the only way we get the good ones is through trade - see Randy Moss, Wes Welker, etc. I mean considering how we blow our 1st round pick on Harry, why not give a late 1st to get a stud like Thomas. Question is do we have the cap room to keep him if we do?

Yes, I think it goes back to fans over valuing shiny things like wide receivers and running backs. Having the best wr in the game doesn't get you a superbowl win. Having the best team wins the superbowl.
How about having both the best team and best WR and not winning the SB?

Trading Gilmore rn feels dumb. well have a good oline and rb. I’d lean on that and be patient.

Generally having a top 5 quarterback that season does.

Generally having a top 5 quarterback that season does.
Na. Leagues best qb lost the sb cause he was missing two guards.

but let the media tell it it’s pat and tb on either side of the like they’re about to box.

y’all overvalue wr and qb.

cause it’s easy.

alsoalsoalso... we are in no position to be concerned about that yet. Too many holes, not going deep in playoffs anyway...

And then once any one of them wrs DO come... y’all will pull out the microscope, the character issues, the “what is he focused on” bs like you’re his fiancé or position coach...

so I’m good. This is not Madden

Na. Leagues best qb lost the sb cause he was missing two guards.

but let the media tell it it’s pat and tb on either side of the like they’re about to box.

y’all overvalue wr and qb.

cause it’s easy.

alsoalsoalso... we are in no position to be concerned about that yet. Too many holes, not going deep in playoffs anyway...

And then once any one of them wrs DO come... y’all will pull out the microscope, the character issues, the “what is he focused on” bs like you’re his fiancé or position coach...

so I’m good. This is not Madden
Did you suffer a head injury? I can hardly decipher what you wrote but my post was in regards to the fact that your QB generally needs to be playing at a level that would put him has a "top 5" guy going into the post season.

Did you suffer a head injury? I can hardly decipher what you wrote but my post was in regards to the fact that your QB generally needs to be playing at a level that would put him has a "top 5" guy going into the post season.
I think Tom Brady and the Patriots screw up the numbers. Pull Tom out and you see a lot fewer top 5 qb’s in the super bowl. Although if you include him in the conversation than the value of amazing wr’s is greatly diminished. Which is it in your mind?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back