PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Goodell flex the Week#15 Sunday night game & replace Dal vs Oak with NE vs Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I know there are some weird rules around how the Sunday night flex schedule works.

What better way to really piss of Jerry Jones than to have Roger remove his Cowboys from the Sunday night game & replace them with ****y Krafts Patriots.

After this week there is a good chance the Steelers & Patriots will both be 8-2 while the Cowboys will be 5-5 & the Raiders 4-6.

There is no doubt the Pats vs Steelers will be a more interesting game.

Unfortunately I do not know all the in’s and out’s on how the flex schedule works.

The Pats vs Steelers will probably be the 4pm national coverage game, so maybe our game cannot be flexed to the 8:30 game.

Anyone know the flex rule?

I know there are some weird rules around how the Sunday night flex schedule works.

What better way to really piss of Jerry Jones than to have Roger remove his Cowboys from the Sunday night game & replace them with ****y Krafts Patriots.

After this week there is a good chance the Steelers & Patriots will both be 8-2 while the Cowboys will be 5-5 & the Raiders 4-6.

There is no doubt the Pats vs Steelers will be a more interesting game.

Unfortunately I do not know all the in’s and out’s on how the flex schedule works.

The Pats vs Steelers will probably be the 4pm national coverage game, so maybe our game cannot be flexed to the 8:30 game.

Anyone know the flex rule?

I know there are two parts to it (but unsure about details):

1. advance notice to the media partners (2 weeks minim I believe)

and 2. the rights holders get to protect (I believe one) game. [edit: each weekend]

Can't believe whoever has NE-Squeelers rights wouldn't protect that game from being switched.

Last edited:
CBS won’t give up the Pats-Steelers game
Yes, this is what it comes down to.

They’ve already made the decision weeks ago. It’s not moving from the 4:25 time slot.

The Patriots already have 5 night games on their schedule. I thought that was the maximum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes