PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Da'Quan Bowers slide to injury? Would you pounce or even trade up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him. He could be a McGinest type of player for the Pats.

I think he is a big 43DE and that's it. He came in at 6'3 3/8" and 280lbs at the combine with 33 1/8" arms leaving his size to be desired for that "Elephant" position McGinnest use to man. He's got short-ish arms and has never played standing up (that I could see).

If he is going to fall due to injury, I'd let him fall all the way to 17(read as: wherever we decide to pick first) and go from there. I wouldn't move up for him at all.

Latest report says some team doctor thinks that Bowers has more damage in the knee after surgery and that may indeed cause teams to bring him in to see their team doctors.

Bottom line - he only slides if the doctors see something bad in his knee.

To answer the question - if his medical and mental check out, yes. He can absolutely play OLB for NE.

It's rumor time in the NFL draft prequel. Please place your seat backs and trays in the upright and locked postion. The Captain has turned on the fasten seatbelt sign, we expect some slight turbulence as we prepare to arrive on draft day. Thank you for flying the NFL rumor mill.

Seems like both Bowers and Fairly are losing ground to Daureus and Quinn. I still can't see one of those guys falling to the Patriots unless the news is really bad. Makes me wonder how Wilfork fell into the Patriots.

nope.......maybe if he was at 17.....but would not move up for him....

quinn, different story

Seems like both Bowers and Fairly are losing ground to Daureus and Quinn. I still can't see one of those guys falling to the Patriots unless the news is really bad. Makes me wonder how Wilfork fell into the Patriots.

Liunget is also rising up boards.

I think Fairley is having a difficult time in the interviews. His agent may need to do full scale fire control.

PS: I would not be upset if we went up real high for Dareus. As a matter of fact I would be very excited.

At this point the best thing that can happen for us is Carolina takes Newton #1.

The thing that worries me about Bowers isn't his knee, it's the fact that he was more highly recruited than Terrelle Pyror but he didn't show up until last year.

The thing that worries me about Bowers isn't his knee, it's the fact that he was more highly recruited than Terrelle Pyror but he didn't show up until last year.

True, he is a bit of a one year wonder.

But he had a lot of talent in front of him and got limited snaps even in practice.

But he had a lot of talent in front of him and got limited snaps even in practice.

This is what I think but he did have one heck of a year last season. Do you think he could fill the Elephant roll and become the new Willy?? If so I might package #60 to move up to the 10-12 range if he slid outside of the top ten.

This. He did not redshirt either. As for a one year wonder, is it not likely that he sort of took a little time to really put it all together? He was the number one overall recruit in high school and had a monster junior year. Yes it took him two seasons to get it going, but he was as productive a player in the trenches as there was in college last season, and film I have seen of him indicates the ability to play in space, and he seems to have a feel for where the ball is going. I feel he is more than adequate against the run as well. I have heard of no character concerns, and if I remember correctly I believe he is actually considered a plus in that regard. As for his ability to drop into coverage, I think he can be adequate. Remember, he does not need to be a coverage master to succeed in the Willie Mac role--it's not like Big Willie was dropping into coverage more often than he was getting after the QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down