PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just need to get uncle Joe on some amphetamines to level the playing field.

Best get him to change the same shirt he's been wearing a frigging long time. Left is on 14th of March, I'm sure people can do the math on this one.

ET0BYxSXkAIEAub.jpeg

Boris calling for police to enforce compliance with people staying at home. His experiment failed, now doing the right thing.

We just need to get uncle Joe on some amphetamines to level the playing field.
He needs that brain pill they advertised.
Seriously I used to like the guy ... but father time catches up to us all.
Many people don't realize that he did all the brute work for Obama.
All the phone calls, all the dirty work behind the scenes ... selflessly at that.
Obama hated dealing with anyone in Congress or Senate - Biden did all of it.

I was at the market today ...
Held my breathe every time I passed somebody ... o_O

I’m out of work atleast until April 20th and my school still hasn’t decided if they are going to pay me.

I’m an hourly paid T.A. I keep hearing some of these districts are saying they wanna see what other districts are doing

90988390_2838136929603168_3133713314320744448_n.png
First time I've laughed out loud in days. Thanks!

I was at the market today ...
Held my breathe every time I passed somebody ... o_O
Ha same, not much Pasta on shelves but tons of pasta sauce. Loaded up on some local VT based sauce brand for 3$/bottle. Got what I could for beans, soup, canned fruits & veggies, frozen bags of veggies and mother ****in ramen noodles. No TP or paper towels available but I usually rock baby wipes to keep that taint extra fresh.

Some people had mask and gloves and kept great distance, some dude was just openly coughing. Humanity is weird.

He needs that brain pill they advertised.
Seriously I used to like the guy ... but father time catches up to us all.
Many people don't realize that he did all the brute work for Obama.
All the phone calls, all the dirty work behind the scenes ... selflessly at that.
Obama hated dealing with anyone in Congress or Senate - Biden did all of it.

I dont usually pay much mind to things regarding politics. Useful info. I honestly dont know much about him but I remember reading this piece and the tires quote has stuck with me for years. He struck me as someone who is likely more in tune with those struggling. America is a different experience for all 350 million of us, and some unfortunately - for whatever reason - get stuck with a **** covered short stick.

Joe Biden said:
This was the vision of the Democratic Party to which Biden had dedicated his career. “Amtrak Joe” famously commuted every day from Wilmington to Washington — three hours round-trip, for 36 years. He told me that as the train neared Baltimore, he habitually peered into the rapidly passing homes close to the tracks — a flip book of middle-class families of various backgrounds who might have recognized themselves in his convention speech. “I wonder what the conversation at the dinner table is,” he told me.

Sometimes he saw his own family in the early 1960s in those houses. He imagines the families’ struggles with everyday expenses: “ ‘Honey, we need a new set of tires, but you gotta get another 20,000 miles out of them.’ That’s the goddamn discussion people are having! That’s their lives!”

Joe Biden: ‘I Wish to Hell I’d Just Kept Saying the Exact Same Thing’

Doesn't help at all. Whatsoever.

I guarantee you, Florida numbers are much much larger than everyone realizes. It's a powder keg.
I have an uncle who owns a farm a few miles from this place. It is honestly in the absolute sticks, with no notable medical facilities for a fairly significant distance. My fear is that if it hits here, bodies will STACK.

The Villages, Florida - Wikipedia

As of the census estimate of July 1, 2016, there were 123,966 people and 49,362 households residing in the CDP (Sumter County). The population per square mile in 2010 was 170.8. There were 68,199 housing units as of 2010.

As of 2016, persons under 5 years accounted 2% of the population, persons under 18 years accounted for 7.1%, persons 65 years and over accounted for 56.3%, and 50% of the population was female.

In 2018, the median age for both sexes in The Villages metropolitan statistical area is 67.4, with this being 29 years older than a typical American, and five years older than the median age of residents in the next-oldest county in the United States, which is on the Hawaiian island of Molokai.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Villages,_Florida#cite_note-24
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Villages,_Florida#cite_note-24

Deaths aren't accurate. You can only become a CV statistic if you were tested.
Maybe that's why they don't want wholesale testing. What a shame. Can't get a handle on this or make decisions without data.

Maybe that's why they don't want wholesale testing. What a shame. Can't get a handle on this or make decisions without data.

The testing is ramping up daily. Approximately 150,000 tests in the last seven days and climbing.

Doesn't help at all. Whatsoever.

I guarantee you, Florida numbers are much much larger than everyone realizes. It's a powder keg.
FL Gov. just ordered people flying in from NY/NJ to quarantine for 14 days. Finally, a lockdown order from the Gov. since that's half the population.

Trump calling to protect asian Americans.

AG Barr lurking behind Trump. Oh oh

Other than the people who die and those whose lives are significantly disrupted by the economic stuff, I would agree that we're going to be fine. For the majority of us this is just going to be a really inconvenient time.

What I'm worried about is optimism after we get through this first wave leading to more outbreaks. I think it's inevitable. We're going to be pushing the social distancing and the shutdown of all non-essential stuff and self-quarantining for 3+ more weeks. Cases will start to go down and we'll feel better, people will start going back out and then we'll inevitably get hit with another wave.

Until there's a cheap/easy treatment or a vaccine I just don't see how we aren't going to go from outbreak to outbreak for a while now. I just hope that each successive outbreak kills less people until we're through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes