PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quickly. Word of the day: quickly

The testing is ramping up daily. Approximately 150,000 tests in the last seven days and climbing.
You can't get a test here unless you're dying or a first responder. They are rationing tests.

You can't get a test here unless you're dying or a first responder. They are rationing tests.

Yeah they just started ramping up last week. So I assume that'll change as more test kits become available.

Why this Nobel laureate predicts a quicker coronavirus recovery: 'We're going to be fine'

Was going to post that last night. I hope he is right.

Nebraska, Iowa, Ohio, I can name many countries.

Pennsylvania just shut down every dental office unless they have N95 masks and negative pressure filtration rooms w HEPA filters. The mask are unavailable and NO dental office or clinic has the negative filtration rooms, just some operating rooms. This includes emergency care also. If you have a really bad toothache or infection, we can't treat you or we lose our license. We have to send you to the ER , where they don;t have tjh eN95 masks nor do they have the negative pressure rooms....
On the bright side,I painted a few rooms in the office
today.....

Trump is trying so hard to behave

His prediction is based, in large part, on social distancing measures being well followed. This was pretty easy to do in China but in the US? We already see people with the best of intentions dropping their guard and congregating in large groups - whether it's the spring break kids or people out to see the cherry blossoms in DC or people out in Central Park.

It's that sort of thing that increases the likelihood that more people get infected and that could overwhelm the already strained healthcare system. That could really drive death numbers way up.

There were 100 deaths today. What is he going to do when that gets up to 1,000 deaths per day in the coming weeks "after" he relaxes the measures?

Trump says there's been nasty language towards asians and he's not going to let that happen. (Thank you)

Tucker won't be happy.

There were 100 deaths today. What is he going to do when that gets up to 1,000 deaths per day in the coming weeks "after" he relaxes the measures?

Are they supposed to tally up the death counts at 6 PM?

Trump calling to protect asian Americans.

I also noticed Trump called it the virus several times.

Jared must have secured a payout from Corona beer.

Good question: can you explain why we need a $2T bill if you are going to re-open the country quickly?

Because we need to give it a kick. Need to save companies that have been shattered like Boeing.

So many mixed messages. We're going to continue measures but we're going to re-open the Country.

Fauci nowhere to be found. Is he out?

They just closed all barbershops here in VA for the next 30 days at least. if you guys haven't purchases some clippers, I’d strongly suggest you do so and teach yourselves how to cut your own hair. they are going to shut down barbershops all over the place in the near future, and there will probably be a run on men's grooming supplies. Already there is evidence of this on Amazon, where clippers are getting sold out.

Last edited:
Fauci nowhere to be found. Is he out?

Dunno. Trump is now part of the “it’s just the flu bro” club. Fauci probably got put in the doghouse.

Okay, a few quotes from you guys in a sec. I'll go back and find my 5fold death increase post... that will help a lot with whether we're growing crazy fast, very fast, or slow enough to go "wow not even exponential anymore" (i.e., not even doubling in a week.)

I believe the count stood at 300; 1500 by next weekend would be a continuation of that week's 5-fold trend.

Re: today's presser, well fark. Two possibilities, remembering that we're in a demented reality show:

1) The Pres will talk about "getting the country open again," but he'll keep listening to the doctors, and then say the never trumper democrat doctors are responsible for the continuing economic effects, or

2) He's serious. He has not yet called GM to produce vans with the exhaust vented to the back passenger compartment.

Moving on.

This virus isnt going anywhere if staying inside is the only way to combat this.

1 case has already exploded into a world wide pandemic.

It's literally impossible for the entire world to stay inside until there is officially no cases left.

Something has to change.

You need to read up on the purpose of social distancing. It is not curative. It is to slow down the spread and spread out the hit to our overwhelmed health resources.

Coincidentally, effective social distancing gives us more time to find cures etc.

I find nice that a Jets fan is here with us Why do you like it ?

Just curious...thanks

He especially likes it because the TFB/BB era is now just the BB era, and he's been waiting 20 years to give a damn about football after Thanksgiving.

I don't know how Ian has done it, but this really is the best football forum online, and it isn't really close. Though I'd love to believe that Patriots fans are more intelligent than others, we all know that's just fan chest thumping, so the question is how he's been able to filter out the most articulate members from the idiots. 90% of the football forums read like Twitter with 140 characters per post and just sheer stupidity. Gang Green isn't horrible (one of the better ones with full paragraphs) but isn't this forum either. You just don't get that stinking muck here that most forums have.

Ian's the greatest, and he's got the combination of light touch and eventual spine that it took to keep the loonies sort of on the path for so long. It's probably good that it was shut so long. Well, still is. BUT, this place also had an insanely rich resource in Miguel's cap page (now it's own site I believe.) That created a culture of not just blurting out every random concept that crossed the sports media... and then there's all the homework we all did when we smelled some doo doo regarding the league*'s railroading attempts. We tended to do some linkin and some thinkin...

34 in Louisiana, 25 in Georgia, small states yet in top 6 in deaths.

This thing is exploding by the minute. Florida will explode with cases and deaths because of the elderly population.

A stationary population of retirees recently hosting (pun intended) an influx of idiot spring breakers?

That's going to be a zero to sixty situation.

You're slipping 60, it's Chii na virus.

Here's a feel good story. We finally got the asian Americans to immerse themselves in the American culture. They're getting them some guns.

Spit On, Yelled At, Attacked: Chinese Americans Fear For Their Safety

"Do you feel lucky?"

I refuse to change the spelling. Come on it's 2020.

Doesn't help at all. Whatsoever.

I guarantee you, Florida numbers are much much larger than everyone realizes. It's a powder keg.

Yep.

I'm going to go drag up the 4-week, 5fold death numbers. I'll do it periodically. It will be a simple, in-house measure that helps us tell how fast it's getting worse.

1 week ago, 60 Americans had died of the virus. This week, more than 300.
Coronavirus news and live updates: Coronavirus cases top 300,000 - CNN

Unlike the "infected" number, the death number doesn't change because you are testing more.

This could be an outlier. But let's say it's not.

One more week's fivefold increase makes 1500.
Two more weeks makes 7500.
Three more weeks makes 37,500.
One month makes 187,000.

Coronavirus Discussion ONLY PLEASE!

Edit: The count was done Sunday morning. (300+ - I think it was in the 320s.) It's Monday evening and we're over 500. I'm not rooting for team virus, but I think it's got a good shot at making that 1500.

Good question: can you explain why we need a $2T bill if you are going to re-open the country quickly?

Because we need to give it a kick. Need to save companies that have been shattered like Boeing.

So many mixed messages. We're going to continue measures but we're going to re-open the Country.

What's new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick