PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

So much ignorance.

He's not aware of direct contact with an infected person.

NO SH!T

That's why everyone should have been locked down a long time ago.

How many people did he spread it to with his ignorance?

The masks the surgeon general says aren’t effective?

It's not just masks.

Coronavirus crisis: Health care workers sound alarm from 'the front lines'

Totally irrational. The Spanish flu for instance killed completely healthy people all the time, and it happened DURING WW1.

Estimated number of Americans who died from Spanish flu: 675,000
Estimated number of soldiers who died in WW1: 116,000

Worse case scenario, number of Americans dead from coronavirus: 1.6 to 2.2 million

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...177e0a-63b4-11ea-acca-80c22bbee96f_story.html

British Study Predicts 22 Lakh Coronavirus Deaths In US, 5 Lakh In UK

It's not just masks.

Coronavirus crisis: Health care workers sound alarm from 'the front lines'

Estimated number of Americans who died from Spanish flu: 675,000
Estimated number of soldiers who died in WW1: 116,000

Worse case scenario, number of Americans dead from coronavirus: 1.6 to 2.2 million

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...177e0a-63b4-11ea-acca-80c22bbee96f_story.html

British Study Predicts 22 Lakh Coronavirus Deaths In US, 5 Lakh In UK

I am now cultured enough to know what a Lakh is :)

[QUOTE="PP2, post: 5855851, member: 31374]Worse case scenario, number of Americans dead from coronavirus: 1.6 to 2.2 million[/QUOTE]

that’s seems like a low worst case considering some of the hysteria out there

This is terrifying. I can't believe any true conservative would support this. Certainly no libertarian or democrat would.

WTF aren't these guys telling us to ask for this? Damn, maybe I should consider getting a gun.

You don’t own a gun?

Saw a meme addressing that earlier this week.

If you don’t own a gun, you’re just gathering supplies for someone who does

that is your take through the eyes of a Trump hater. Others might see it differently who don't have TDS.

when you can’t argue the merits, go for the ad hom

This is terrifying. I can't believe any true conservative would support this. Certainly no libertarian or democrat would.

WTF aren't these guys telling us to ask for this? Damn, maybe I should consider getting a gun.
lol...dems have been pushing for eliminating constitutional rights for years...

140 less deaths in Italy today - hope this might start a trend

that is your take through the eyes of a Trump hater. Others might see it differently who don't have TDS.
Nothing to do with being a hater, it's a simple performance evaluation. They guy failed the test every day for 2 months. It wasn't one mistake, it was 60 consecutive mistakes.

The question is why you don't see that, cause everyone else does. If you really don't see this, you have a learning disability or some kind of disorder.

Reactions: PP2
Nothing to do with being a hater, it's a simple performance evaluation. They guy failed the test every day for 2 months. It wasn't one mistake, it was 60 consecutive mistakes.

The question is why you don't see that, cause everyone else does. If you really don't see this, you have a learning disability or some kind of disorder.

It helps if you think of it more like a cult and less like a political party or movement.

Reactions: PP2
My hippie neighbor stocked up food, medical supplies, seeds, water, generators, and a nice 4x4 but doesn't believe in guns.....So, I'm all set.

I'm not a gun dude, but that's still pretty funny.

You don’t own a gun?

Saw a meme addressing that earlier this week.

If you don’t own a gun, you’re just gathering supplies for someone who does

That one?

Actually yes.

Similar to spending on NATO to prevent Russian influence.

We're all connected. Like it or not.
So what country do you think we should be sending tens of millions of dollars to right now? China? You don’t think Americans might need that money?

So I had a bad feeling this would happen.

After the initial 'kick into action' flurry late during the week of the 9th and early during the week of the 16th, things seemed to quiet down a bit, and while the data still was concerning, there seemed to be a slight lull.

I had a feeling this was the calm before the storm and that things might pick up this weekend, and sure enough, that's what happened.

New York is blowing up today:
2.0K new cases 03.21
12.3K new cases 03.22, and the day is just halfway complete.

On the whole, countrywide:
4.8K new cases 03.21
14.0K new cases and counting 03.22.
46 new deaths 03.21
94 new deaths 03.22, and counting.

If anyone is curious about the website I'm using for data, it's here:
United States Coronavirus: 38,757 Cases and 400 Deaths - Worldometer

By the week of 03.30 we're going to be on a national shutdown, if not de jure, certainly de facto at the very least.

The place that worries me a lot is Florida. An older population that is susceptible + younger people who enjoy partying and don't exercise very much discretion (for good reason, I might add: warm weather and beaches, beautiful people, spring just beginning). Seems like the perfectly crafted climate (geographically, socially, and culturally) for COVID to thrive and ravage.

Last edited:
So I had a bad feeling this would happen.

After the initial 'kick into action' flurry late during the week of the 9th and early during the week of the 16th, things seem to quiet down a bit, and while the data still was concerning, there seemed to be a slight lull.

I had a feeling this was the calm before the storm and that things might pick up this weekend, and sure enough, that's what happened.

New York is blowing up today:
2.0K new cases 03.21
12.3K new cases 03.22, and the day is just halfway complete.

On the whole, countrywide:
4.8K new cases 03.21
14.0K new cases and counting 03.22.
46 new deaths 03.21
94 new deaths 03.22, and counting.

If anyone is curious about the website I'm primarily using, it's here:
United States Coronavirus: 38,757 Cases and 400 Deaths - Worldometer

By the week 03.30 we're going to be on a national shutdown, if not de jure, certainly de facto at the very least.

The place that worries me a lot is Florida. An older population that is susceptible + younger people who enjoy partying and don't exercise very much discretion (for good reason, I might add: warm weather and beaches, beautiful people, spring just beginning). Seems like the perfectly crafted climate (geographically, socially, and culturally) for COVID to thrive and ravage.

It has begun. The cases are really about various factors of reporting, but the death count doesn’t lie.

So what country do you think we should be sending tens of millions of dollars to right now? China? You don’t think Americans might need that money?

Not a binary, either-or situation.

We have the financial means to support our country and its constituents, while simultaneously helping other nations and their people.

There is an ethical and pragmatic prerogative, as helping curb the spread elsewhere is, a.) the decent thing to do for humanity, and b.) also helps us maintain greater control of the virus here at home.

It's a no-brainer on multiple levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back