PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Well, by September we'll know good and well whether (a) Coronavirus is "overblown," (b) Coronavirus killed a zillion people but "now" everything is back to normal, or (c) "Bring out your dead, bring out your dead..."

So first off, if they ever decide there is something important enough to shutter the stadiums for, we are in seriously deep doo doo.

That said however, there have been suggestions that a soccer final or something be played without fans in the stands... any thoughts about NFL viability in a TV-only (but football-starved) model?

It's the off-season.

What if...

A) They can't play with fans in the stands, however
B) Society hasn't broken down, you just cant go anywhere

Can the League* survive it?

Question 2:

If this happens, how many draft picks do they dock the Patriots for being generally aware that it happened?

During Riots in Baltimore a few years ago, the Orioles played an afternoon game to an empty stadium, no fans allowed at all.

I would imagine the NFL would have to change its black out rules.
Would home teams be allowed to pipe in crowd noise?

Would home teams be allowed to pipe in crowd noise?

No. And the Colts would be allowed to insist that their crowd noise is the result of unique acoustics.

I hope I speak for everyone when I say I hope Coronavirus kills Roger Goodell.

Fans can’t be seated next to each other but players will be allowed to pig pile and pancake each other up and down the field...all for our viewing pleasure?
Then the players will assemble in tight locker rooms for group showers and other hi jinx?

We were all supposed to be drowned by rising sea levels in 2012....I think we'll be ok for football season in 7 months

Well, by September we'll know good and well whether (a) Coronavirus is "overblown," (b) Coronavirus killed a zillion people but "now" everything is back to normal, or (c) "Bring out your dead, bring out your dead..."

So first off, if they ever decide there is something important enough to shutter the stadiums for, we are in seriously deep doo doo.

That said however, there have been suggestions that a soccer final or something be played without fans in the stands... any thoughts about NFL viability in a TV-only (but football-starved) model?

It's the off-season.

What if...

Question 2:

If this happens, how many draft picks do they dock the Patriots for being generally aware that it happened?

We'll have to use the Chargers model of playing in front of an empty stadium...

We were all supposed to be drowned by rising sea levels in 2012....I think we'll be ok for football season in 7 months

Can anyone ever make a political point without using an atrocious straw man argument?

Could be wrong but I think the virus fades along with the flu season by May and when weather warms and none of this will happen.

I sincerely hope for Goodell to be captured by terrorists (or @Joker) and tortured to death on live stream for our viewing pleasure.

Bonus if Goodell's reproductive organs are destroyed first so we can be certain of no future reproduction from this swine.

Can anyone ever make a political point without using an atrocious straw man argument?
I think the argument is apt here given the widespread media hysteria regarding coronavirus. Maybe more hysteria regarding the virus, as the markets are now crashing whereas bankers are still giving out 50 year mortgages on South Beach hotels.

Could be wrong but I think the virus fades along with the flu season by May and when weather warms and none of this will happen.
FWIW, Harvard’s Director of Communicable Disease Dynamics doesn’t think warm weather will do anything. :(

Last edited:
The bigger question (and more likely thing to happen) is what will be the NFL’s (or any other league’s) plans if a team is placed in quarantine or has a big outbreak?

It's the off-season.

What if...

Question 2:

Yes the League survives. Most of their revenue comes from TV already.

I sincerely hope for Goodell to be captured by terrorists (or @Joker) and tortured to death on live stream for our viewing pleasure.

Bonus if Goodell's reproductive organs are destroyed first so we can be certain of no future reproduction from this swine.

I take it you're less than enchanged with the ol' Commish? :):):)

If I captured Goodell, I'd bind him to a kitchen table chair and force him to watch perpetual loops of Kate Smith singing "God Bless America" and Richard Simmons workout loops...:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes