PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit that it is nice to see that, for the first time in 3+ years, liberals advocating for Presidential powers....

To quote my buddy Fnord, “it’s almost like intent matters”.

Fair or not, this outbreak may be a major part of Trump’s legacy and decide whether he’s the next president. And it may come down to many things outside his control. Kind of like how the strength of the economy is often the gauge of an incumbent president’s popularity.

So if this fizzles out, or if Trump connects with the people, he’ll probably win in October and have a Bush 9/11 victory lap. If it’s devastating and everything turns to sht due to a variety of factors, he’ll probably lose. No one said voters are rational...they often vote on emotion.

Are you really saying that the manner in which a President handles a crisis is an irrational criteria of measuring whether someone deserves your vote?

By the way, a crisis is usually a lay-up for a politician - see Chris Christie/Hurricane Sandy, Rudy Giuliani/9-11, and Michael Dukakis/the Great Blizzard of '78 as examples. All people expect is the sober truth and competent implementation of protocols without excuses.

You guys have to decide which hill you want to die on. You are losing your minds trying to defend all this.

You say: "Trump had a travel ban to contain the virus. It wasn't racist"

I say: "The virus isn't contained if he's letting people in"

You say: "What we can't let our own citizens in? What are you anti-American?" You immediately contradict your first sentence!

This is an insane discussion. Either you have a ban or you don't. The virus doesn't discriminate. If you're going to quarantine American citizens then quarantine foreign nationals and see if they still want to come here.

Personally I didn't care if it was xenophobic or not and didn't get hung up on it at all when it happened. In the list of racist things Trump has done, a travel ban from China is like 45th on the list. Who cares. Also it was clear a travel ban wasn't gonna work at all since the virus had already spread globally at that point. And any time it bought us (lol) was squandered given the fact that we have next to no testing capacity at this point and we're all going on lockdown in two weeks regardless.

I'm not offended by the travel ban nearly as much as I'm offended by the logic you people are putting forth.
So we're going to pretend it's not significantly easier to screen a much smaller population (in this case returning Americans) entering the country than a much larger one? I will agree with patman12 that I don't understand the previous lack of restrictions on south Korea and Italy nor the UK currently.

And this latest travel ban makes no sense either. Ban all of Europe except the UK? Another half-baked idea.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with locations of Trump resorts.

Meanwhile, in the real world ...

View attachment 26298
Its a fact.

Everyone he endorsed lost. Owebama told us Haggery was the most qualified to be POTUS in history. He championed the UK to stay in the EU. They left.

EJgUItkW4AEUgH2.jpg

Man.

3 weeks ago, I was laughing thinking this wasnt serious. I was really, really stupid. As someone mentioned earlier, people under 35 are entitled. This will definitely finalize my maturity. I will never be that stupid again.

Brilliant people.

This thing is going to pass and after it does people like Biden will pay dearly for fundraising off Corona. Drunk Pelosi put abortion funding in the corona bill. The DNC sent out a memo berating the gop as soon as the bill hit the Senate to stir up trouble.

Evil will not succeed.

Buddy you're gonna die

I hate Trump.

Im not going to bash his supporters, but he and especially his kids look so arrogant. He always self compliments himself too.

Hussein was on top of things.

"Genius" - CNN
"We are lucky to have the Messiah in our presence" - MSNBC
"And he even has time for golf" - Washington Post
"Barrack is special" - Michelle O

Unprecedented? Really? Do CNN’s reporters and editors not know about the flu pandemic of 1918? Or even the swine flu pandemic of 2009?

Although everyone seems to have forgotten the swine flu was even a thing, it infected nearly 61 million people in the U.S. from spring 2009 through early 2010. And it claimed more than 12,000 and as many as 18,000 lives, according to a Centers for Disease Control study published in 2011. In total, the disease is now believed to have caused more than 200,000 deaths worldwide.

A Tale Of Two Pandemics: Media Downplayed Swine Flu Outbreak Under Obama

Im in my room. Virus is spreading. Day 2.

Im scared people will be even more paranoid outside today.

Me too. Not #metoo, just me, too, is gonna die.

I mean, more likely people do not, but one good way to ensure people die from this who would not have otherwise is to not take it seriously. I don't really feel like debating public health with the rubes of this board but I implore everyone to take this seriously and protect yourselves, particularly if you're older than 55, ever smoked, or have any sort of underlying pulmonary cor respiratory conditions. But even if none of that applies, please consider the people who do.

Adam explained it pretty well in a previous post

social distancing and all of these other methods being used to mitigate is to slow the transmission a bit to flatten the curve/rate of people getting it so that hospitals are not overwhelmed.. so lots of what they're doing will actually make this pandemic last for a longer period of time, but it will be more controlled and not create a massive spike in people all rushing to hospitals.. creaitng a massive public health crisis where hospitals are overwhelmed and unable to treat everyone... they will have to start making War time triage type decisions on who lives and dies.. Crazy you say? It's happening in Italy RIGHT NOW.

If there was ever a case to be made for universal healthcare, this is it. Some people don't even want to go to the doctors because they cant afford the massive medical bills, and can't afford to be put into a quarantine for 2+ weeks.. so they're not getting treatment and continuing to spread the virus
We have universal healthcare. I know your country has strong feelings re this.

In my 20s, when I had no kids, I didn't mind paying into the system one single day, even though I was rarely using hospitals. When my daughter was born with a congenital heart defect - the system gave me more than I'll ever be able to repay.

I get your point about "limiting the cases to help out", but I guess I think the fear is still going to drive everyone to the hospitals regardless - which ties into my "panic worse than virus".

Man.

3 weeks ago, I was laughing thinking this wasnt serious. I was really, really stupid. As someone mentioned earlier, people under 35 are entitled. This will definitely finalize my maturity. I will never be that stupid again.
It's human nature to go about ones life. Work, school, etc.

When something like this rocks our world all you can do is be informed, use common sense, be prepared and not panic.

It's human nature to go about ones life. Work, school, etc.

When something like this rocks our world all you can do is be informed, use common sense, be prepared and not panic.
Rumor is, yesterday somebody in our area has it. Fear and paranoia was present with people. So, this is really just day 2 for me. I have a feeling mostly everybody in this area will get sick.

Ill keep site updated. Rn I feel good. However i fear since 1 had it yesterday, 5 people probably caught it. Ripple effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST