PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one of the things I like most about Trump. Early on, when he had to choose between his medical advisers or his political advisers, he went against the politicians.

And ever since then he’s done 1000% the opposite of that. Look, you can check my posting history. I’ve never dumped on Trump prior to yesterday, but he’s now crossed into Out Of Bounds territory. This is the only country in the world looking to downplay the virus and already talking about lifting restrictive measures, and it isn’t even tied to medical advice. Trump wants to lift them by Easter because...well...it’s just a random declaration.

This will wind up killing many more people and destroying the economy. It’s the worst idea possible, and it’s all because Trump has his own illogical reasons for doing this. Virtually every non-political person in this thread, and even many of the Republicans in this thread, have renounced this silly idea of having everyone “return to Church” for Easter.

lr07a1xlrno41.jpg

Semi OT: if you actually want to see a Western leader try to take advantage of this crisis and install themselves as a dictator check out Trudeau (the left's favorite):

COVID-19 bill would give Liberals power to raise taxes without parliamentary approval until end of 2021

Now tell me if you'd want Pelosi and Schumer running things right now.

Pelosi and Schumer /=/ Trudeau. Three different people, in different countries, operating in different governments.

That said, your general sentiment about leaders exploiting the COVID situation in order to grow their own political power does sounds familiar, though ...

DOJ seeks new emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic

"In one of the documents, the department proposed that Congress grant the attorney general power to ask the chief judge of any district court to pause court proceedings “whenever the district court is fully or partially closed by virtue of any natural disaster, civil disobedience, or other emergency situation.”
. . .
The request raised eyebrows because of its potential implications for habeas corpus — the constitutional right to appear before a judge after arrest and seek release".

I love this guy. Standing up for what is right against the crook in office. Can we vote him in?

You'd be crazy not to write him in. Your only other choice is Joe Biden.

And ever since then he’s done 1000% the opposite of that. Look, you can check my posting history. I’ve never dumped on Trump prior to yesterday, but he’s now crossed into Out Of Bounds territory. This is the only country in the world looking to downplay the virus and already talking about lifting restrictive measures, and it isn’t even tied to medical advice. Trump wants to lift them by Easter because...well...it’s just a random declaration.

This will wind up killing many more people and destroying the economy. It’s the worst idea possible, and it’s all because Trump has his own illogical reasons for doing this. Virtually every non-political person in this thread, and even many of the Republicans in this thread, have renounced this silly idea of having everyone “return to Church” for Easter.
I will join you in fully turning on him (not that I am a big fan to begin with) IF restrictions are actually lifted and the administration literally tells people to go back to work. I do not think him trying to calm and encourage people by saying "this will be over soon," qualifies. I don't think its the right approach, but I can't get on board with people who are losing their minds over it either. Also, idiots who are gathering in groups today are gathering in groups because they're idiots.

Precisely the reason he shouldn't be saying that "miracle" cure stuff without hesitation and restraint.

He said it could be a "game changer." Actual tweet:

"HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine."

Precisely the reason he shouldn't be saying that "miracle" cure stuff without hesitation and restraint.
It was aquarium cleaner - he was an idiot

I will join you in fully turning on him (not that I am a big fan to begin with) IF restrictions are actually lifted and the administration literally tells people to go back to work. I do not think him trying to calm and encourage people by saying "this will be over soon," qualifies. I don't think its the right approach, but I can't get on board with people who are losing their minds over it either. Also, idiots who are gathering in groups today are gathering in groups because they're idiots.

Casting his comment sas 'this will be over soon' is incredibly disingenuous or biased.

He has been reckless because his priority is his reelection chances not the health of the nation he should be serving.

Casting his comment sas 'this will be over soon' is incredibly disingenuous or biased.

He has been reckless because his priority is his reelection chances not the health of the nation he should be serving.
I watch the full conference and that is the understanding of his position that I come away with. I have yet to walk away thinking "Trump says we can go back to normal now." He speaks in such hyperbole with every sentence (I don't like this, but again I can't agree that it's the end of the world) that you can pull one quote and make it seem like he is holding to one position, or you could pull a different quote and make it seem like the exact opposite. That's pretty much what's been happening.

I don't think his election chances are knowable at this present moment. I think a few months from now, given more data, will determine a certain landslide one direction or the other. If we're all in our bathrobes watching the fkking birdies eat worms in the backyard by July, Trump is dead as disco.

It's happening in the states regardless of what Trump does. Boston is a ghost town.

What gives any governor the right to decide which businesses are essential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes