PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is the president who did not take it seriously and thus the people did not take it seriously. So, yes, it is his fault.

That's incredibly myopic of you. If you want to say he is partially to blame, then fine, I'd agree.

It has to be their strategy to suppress results. I think it's stupid and dangerous. Hope you find your meds. Stay safe.
I think you have to dig deeper than the traditional media, who is only interested in their bottom line, while manipulating the public.

Watch this. I think i set it up to start at the 18 min. mark. These are the "boots on the ground" that are getting the work done.

https://youtu.be/DhXfNzmeQPE?t=1080

The fact that they are talking about setting up negative pressure hostpital bed in hotel rooms and triage centers in schools (red cross norm in a catastophe) should tell you that they are taking this seriously. These plans were in place over a month ago. They expect a great many of us to get sick. You really have to look deeply at to what is going on, because there's so much misinformation out there.

Elon Musk and his employees produced 1000 ventilators in days. pure awesomeness

Where is the support that Musk produced these? This is what I could find. A good deed but much different than reality of making and producing 1000 ventilators in days.

Elon Musk acquires 1,200+ ventilators to address coronavirus shortage

He bought surplus ventilators. All appear to be FDA cleared devices which can be shipped to any US state. It would be illegal to import these without FDA clearance.

He is the president who did not take it seriously and thus the people did not take it seriously. So, yes, it is his fault.
Piling on Trump I admit is a fun sport but people who ignore or could care less about thier own or others safety are part of the problem.

I would love to see a reporter at his PC ask the President if it would be best for the country for you to resign because of your mismanagement of the virus just to watch him have a tantrum.

I was at the market today ...
Held my breathe every time I passed somebody ... o_O

I do the same thing at the market. My disabled wife is in a very high risk category and my biggest fear is that I'll pass it on to her if I bring it into our home.

I'm also concerned about the re-usable bags that I've been using. I won't use those from now on. My only other choice is to shop online and have things delivered but I haven't found one that's still operating.

Btw, I was listening to WEEI this morning and they had a doctor on who had some helpful info. I didn't get the man's name but I'll see if a can find it.

You really have to look deeply at to what is going on, because there's so much misinformation out there.

Very important, and I 100% agree. The difficulty comes in the fact that there are a lot of "influencers" out there putting their imprimatur behind certain angles, or some outright lies.

The information warfare out there is ridiculous right now. Sadly, America sucks at this game and foreign powers have a high degree of influence in our thought patterns, as well as a role in how the country splits, weakening our response and resolve in a time of crisis. Very sad...

I do the same thing at the market. My disabled wife is in a very high risk category and my biggest fear is that I'll pass it on to her if I bring it into our home.

I'm also concerned about the re-usable bags that I've been using. I won't use those from now on. My only other choice is to shop online and have things delivered but I haven't found one that's still operating.

Btw, I was listening to WEEI this morning and they had a doctor on who had some helpful info. I didn't get the man's name but I'll see if a can find it.
The bug dies on cardboard pretty quickly compared to plastic. I have been getting paper bags and won’t use our reusables for a considerable amount of time. I have my shopping list on my phone usually. To prevent direct contact, the phone goes into a ziplock sandwich bag before I go into the store to avoid contamination and come out of it in the car. Then at home everything gets a wipe down before it goes into its place.

I won’t ever take the simplicity of life before this for granted. The Mrs will be in my thoughts!

What specifically should Trump have done and when should he have done it?

New Yorkers who flee to Florida during the coronavirus outbreak will have to self quarantine for two weeks when they arrive — or risk facing criminal charges, the Sunshine State’s governor said Monday.

Does anyone think tone deaf Tommy Brady will do that after visiting his cosmetic dentist the past Friday in NYC before flying to Tampa FL?

“At this time, it is recommended that dental offices provide only emergency dental care for patients,” said a special alert issued by the board of the New York State Dental Association on Monday evening. “Elective and non-emergency services should be postponed for a minimum of three weeks.”

I would love to see a reporter at his PC ask the President if it would be best for the country for you to resign because of your mismanagement of the virus just to watch him have a tantrum.

As he should...

What specifically should Trump have done and when should he have done it?
There are lots of quotes of him not taking this seriously. You think that attitude doesn't flow down to americans?

Piling on Trump I admit is a fun sport but people who ignore or could care less about thier own or others safety are part of the problem.
If the leader of the country says we have 15 cases and in a few days we will have none. How do you think many people will treat the virus? Like it ain't a big deal.

43% of Americans dont treat trump like the lying conman he is

There are lots of quotes of him not taking this seriously. You think that attitude doesn't flow down to americans?

That's it? His initial comments were based on not knowing much about this virus and the fact the WHO did not declare it a public health emergency until January 30. He's taking it seriously now and Americans should follow suit.

Really, you are trying to blame the president for any of this? You people are simply delusional.
Now is not the time for blaming people. However if you really want to blame people why dont we bring up how for years the republicans have pushed closing our borders so that we could control who comes in, which the democrats have fought tooth and nail, hate to lose a few more votes, and as soon as this hits it is the president's fault for not closing the borders quick enough. When he stopped flights from China the Democrats blasted him for being racist. When he fought to move production of goods back to the US he was called racist and people screamed because their 60" tv cost $100 more. Of course now that China is shut down we can't get the medical supplies and medicines because China is using them for themselves first. When the president said be calm, in all probability if you get this you won't die, he was blasted, of course, once again, it was true.

This is an awful disease that attacks the sick and elderly the hardest. There is not a vaccine yet and there probably won't be for a while. It looks like the best thing we can do is minimize the initial spread to give the time for the hospitals to prepare and hopefully keep the infections as low as possible, while we get the supplies and start to build up immunities.

Very important, and I 100% agree. The difficulty comes in the fact that there are a lot of "influencers" out there putting their imprimatur behind certain angles, or some outright lies.

The information warfare out there is ridiculous right now. Sadly, America sucks at this game and foreign powers have a high degree of influence in our thought patterns, as well as a role in how the country splits, weakening our response and resolve in a time of crisis. Very sad...
Facebook, and to a lesser exent, this thread, have evolved into the fellowship of the miserable. People just want to bash you over the head with their point of view. People just want to be right. So many goosestep to what their politcal parties espouse, and they won't listen to anything other than "yup, you're correct". It's really hard to get real information, and you have to dig in non-traditional sources to get it. There's no Woodward and Bernstien anymore, at least not in the traditional sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back