PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The smart people in the Democratic party made sure Biden won...and the dude can't even make a speech without a functioning teleprompter. Remember, the Republicans are "dumb and gullible"...yet we picked someone who won.

We are so far past whether Joe can read or not at this point.

How about posting up one your " it's only 500" posts for good ole times sake.

Again, not everyone is seeing things the same as you right now. If they did, Trump's disapproval of this issue would be 80%. And do you think 50% of the country are Maga hat wearing Trump supporters? Gimme a break.

And you are right...Biden's inability to make a speech is irrelevant. But it is the alternative your party put out there to beat Trump.

It doesn't matter that other people see the situation differently; their opinions do not change facts, data, and reality.

A poll measuring approval rating for a pandemic that will not fully manifest for another 1-2 weeks is premature. The average citizen doesn't have access to all the information and context that is available -- opinions will certainly change with time. I really can't believe I'm indulging this, though, because what people think about Trump's response is completely and utterly irrelevant to assessing Trump's response.

Biden is cognitively losing his edge but I have full and complete confidence that he would have handled this situation much better than Trump. But again, my opinion about Biden, your opinion about Biden, and what he hypothetically would have done in this scenario is irrelevant to the job Trump has done.

It's like arriving on the scene of a drunk driving accident, and saying, "well, that other guy who we met at the bar probably would have crashed, too, so who cares" in an attempt to minimize the real/actual accident right in front of your eyes.

... or arriving on the scene of a drunk driving accident and saying, "well, I talked to a few people at the bar and they don't think this accident is really a big deal, so, no big deal!"

What I don't understand about this crisis is how Trump is acting so AGAINST his self-interest. Let me explain.

Democrats and many independents are taking -- to varying degrees -- this whole threat seriously. On the other hand, Republicans believe it will "blow over" or is a "hoax." Republican states will be the new epicenter of the spread since they aren't taking things seriously and have -- on average -- less hospital beds per capita. In the meantime, Democrat-leaning states will keep things on lock down and minimize deaths long-term. While the areas affected the most right now are liberal places (California, New York, Washington) and thus of no interest to Trump in terms of loss of life, what about when the mortality rates most hammer the South and swing states? Trump will be killing his supporters just as he needs them to vote him in.

If Trump were to show leadership and present this as a mass outbreak, he would be managing the narrative and getting people ready to see stats as high as 1.5 million dead. Instead, he's thinking things will fizzle out. Not only is that evil. It is also against his interests.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter that other people see the situation differently; their opinions do not change facts and data.

A poll measuring approval rating for a pandemic that will not fully manifest itself for another 1-2 weeks is premature. The average citizen doesn't have access to all the information and context that is available -- opinions will certainly change with time. I really can't believe I'm indulging this, though, because what people think is completely and utterly irrelevant to assessing Trump's response.

I was told a week ago that thousands of Americans would die in a week. And I can see right through your posts - Republicans are dumb and can't read or understand the models you keep touting. Only you guys know what's going on. Thanks for keeping us informed.

The smart people in the Democratic party made sure Biden won...and the dude can't even make a speech without a functioning teleprompter. Remember, the Republicans are "dumb and gullible"...yet we picked someone who won.
After Trump, no current or future candidates for the office of POTUS, Republican or Democrat, should ever be held to some sort of public speaking standard. There is no bar anymore.

The posters who continues to deflect the conversation away from COVID and the current administration's handling of it, and instead want to discuss Joe Biden, the Democratic party, and other entirely irrelevant and unrelated political matters, should be locked out of this thread.

Such posts are unrelated to the topic of COVID, and violate the moratorium on political posts in this thread, a guideline that was issued earlier.

It's clear the purpose of those posts, and it's not to further the discussion re: COVID.

It's a sad time to be an American. There is no hope with him. I have no hope for our future with him in office. He is going to get people killed to try and get re elected where if he sat up there and actually put on a face and comforted the american people and put a lockdown in place...he would have a better chance at getting re elected but he's too stupid to realize this.

It's up to the local Govs now. I just hope Baker keeps this quarantine and even stiffens it as more and more cases come up and hospitals become overwhelmed.

We haven't even hit peak pandemic in the US and next week Trump will tell us all we are going back to normal...in the middle..of..a..pandemic...The ONLY way he will take this seriously? If he gets the virus. That's it.

But what I will love? He can't control the states. The states will still be in quarantine and it will enrage him.

I feel sorry for states with Rep Govs that support him because they are really screwed. At least MA is blue
That's what I don't understand, aside from imposing travel bans with China, Europe, and limiting border traffic, there's not much he's done.

School closures, restaurants and bar closures, cancelling of sporting events, conferences, lockdowns, etc. all done by Governors or private parties. He can't control them. He can't say on Monday, America is open for business again and magically everything is back to normal. There's over 1/3 of the Country population on lockdown. That's affecting the economy no matter what he says.

Finally, the indecisiveness for God's sake. I think that's what has the market spooked:
1. This is nothing, flu kills more people, over in no time;
2. We are at war. I'm a war President;
3. This is over quickly, very quickly economy back to normal. Flu has more deaths.

What in the Royal F is going on?

The posters who continues to deflect the conversation away from COVID and the current administration's handling of it, and instead want to discuss Joe Biden, the Democratic party, and other entirely irrelevant and unrelated political matters, should be locked out of this thread.

Such posts are unrelated to the topic of COVID, and violate the moratorium on political posts in this thread, a guideline that was issued earlier.

It's clear the purpose of those posts, and it's not to further the discussion re: COVID.

Would you rather us talk about the Democrats putting Green New Deal items into the Coronavirus package? THat's related, right?

I was told a week ago that thousands of Americans would die in a week. And I can see right through your posts - Republicans are dumb and can't read or understand the models you keep touting. Only you guys know what's going on. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Thousands are about to die in a week, you Neanderthal. Death count is at 140 per day and rising fast. The only question now is whether we’ll hit 1000+ per day, and that seems very likely considering that Italy hit 800.

Are you literally from the Appalachian Mountains?

Would you rather us talk about the Democrats putting Green New Deal items into the Coronavirus package? THat's related, right?

That is related, you are correct. You are welcome to share your thoughts on that legislation.

What Joe Biden would be doing if he was president, is not related.

Italy went from roughly 700 to 650 to 600 in three days. That could be the turning point, unless they are absolutely stupid beyond imagination and lift the quarantine. But who would be that dumb???

"It's only a few dozen dead, we're killing the economy over an overreaction!"
A few days later
"It's only a hundred dead, we're killing the economy over an overreaction!"
A few days later <-- we are here
"It's only a few hundred dead, we're killing the economy over an overreaction!"

Eventually it's going to be 'yeah tens of thousands are dead, but Obama would have been worse and Hillary Benghazi emails."

Before quoting the number of cases right now, look at the death curve. Right now, the number of deaths are doubling every three days. If that rate continues, things will be far worse than the seasonal flu (of which there are 250k-500k deaths a year with a vaccine).

If we do not practice social distancing as a cure gets developed, we'll likely see 60% of the populace infected at some point in the next year (much as California's prediction before instituting social distancing). If we take 60% of 300 million people and use a 1.5% death rate, with amounts varying from 1-4% in different areas, then we are looking at 4.5 million dead in the next year. While that data seems alarmist, it may well be a reality without aggressive measures. And it is certainly worse and more ridiculous than the 250k-500k you are quoting.

upload_2020-3-23_21-51-29.png

Are you literally from the Appalachian Mountains?

Is that supposed to be funny? The people of Appalachia are incredibly poor...tbe same folks your party is supposed to protect.

BTW I'm not from that region.

Italy went from roughly 700 to 650 to 600 in three days. That could be the turning point, unless they are absolutely stupid beyond imagination and lift the quarantine. But who would be that dumb???

I really wish people would throttle back on the optimism. Until there's a vaccine I just don't see how we don't see waves of outbreaks and more need to self-quarantine until we're finally through this and vaccinated. Or one of the 4 possible treatments could be a real panacea.

But I think the safe bet is to assume that we'll see a downtrend, 1-2 weeks of things mellowing out and then see infections trending back upwards.

Everyone is anxious to get back to living their lives, people are going to be going out in droves the moment we're told things are looking better and Trump's focus isn't on public health as much as it should be.

Is that supposed to be funny? The people of Appalachia are incredibly poor...tbe same folks your party is supposed to protect.

BTW I'm not from that region.

This guy is such a liberal with his ACLU like tactics. Dude, just vote Bernie and get it over with. We’re sick and tired of hearing how you hate Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes