PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m tired of people who would hate Trump even if he cured cancer labeling everyone who doesn’t screech in rage over his every move as a Trump cultist

No need to screech in rage. I would start with simply having basic, minimum standards for conduct and move on from there!

No GDT will ever seem so bad again

South Korea just created negative pressure phone booth testing sites where you can go in and get tested in 7 minutes.

They had their first case the same day we did.

I am tired of hearing about South Korea. Compare populations. Much easier to deal with in a smaller population.

All leaders lie, just depends on the degree. Be bad if they said “we are ****ed just to let you know”. So they lie to not cause panic. When they say “don’t panic everything is okay!”...run. Panuc. Prepare.

I agree that:

1. All leaders lie
2. Not all lies are bad or should be treated equally

That’s a far cry from being led by a serial liar, though, isn’t it?

Tone deaf Tommy...

The former New England Patriots star was seen grinning ear-to-ear as he left the New York Center for Cosmetic Dentistry around 10:30 a.m.(Friday), shortly after he made his announcement that he was leaving his old team to join the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, exclusive pictures taken of the famed quarterback show.

Elective medical and dental procedures will be banned by the end of the day in the Big Apple — so Brady made sure to squeeze in a last visit before the ban went into effect.

After about 30-40 minutes at the dentist, the football superstar was seen walking down a quiet Manhattan street with no mask amid the burgeoning coronavirus crisis before he entered a waiting SUV, the snaps show.
Stop badmouthing the GOAT. He supports the President.

People are losing jobs and dying but the dandy Tommy needs his teeth whitened above all else.
TFB owns a MAGA hat, leave him alone.

donny is the greatest leader ever, or you're a commie.

OK there Comrade, divide and conquer eh?
We, the staunch Watchers On The Wall of Patriots Nation, are wise to your malevolent ways.
Jete will never be confused with Jedi, we can see the Red under your green. Even Jete stank can't cover the the rotting stench of bolshevism. We are v̶i̶g̶i̶l̶a̶n̶t̶e̶ vigilant sons of the Red , White and O̶r̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ Blue and...

giphy.gif

The idea that this epidemic could have been stopped in February or March or whenever is fantasy. Not with a highly transmissible virus, passed at least sometimes by asymptomatic persons in a population without immunity in a highly social, mobile society with large cities and travel from everywhere. Even a shelter order in February - which would never have occurred - would have just postponed the inevitable. As long as this virus persists as is - and the world is essentially not immune - it is going to be a huge issue. This is the first epidemic like this in the modern ICU era. No one ever before had to deal with providing critical care to millions of people all at once. They just died. I am not advocating that as the solution, but our capabilities are decidedly finite. It is what it is.

Taiwan says otherwise with less lead time to prepare for it.

The idea that this epidemic could have been stopped in February or March or whenever is fantasy. Not with a highly transmissible virus, passed at least sometimes by asymptomatic persons in a population without immunity in a highly social, mobile society with large cities and travel from everywhere. Even a shelter order in February - which would never have occurred - would have just postponed the inevitable. As long as this virus persists as is - and the world is essentially not immune - it is going to be a huge issue. This is the first epidemic like this in the modern ICU era. No one ever before had to deal with providing critical care to millions of people all at once. They just died. I am not advocating that as the solution, but our capabilities are decidedly finite. It is what it is.
Damn, thank God you're not in charge of making decisions.

Keep up the good work in helping the infirm stay alive Doc.

Stay safe.

I am tired of hearing about South Korea. Compare populations. Much easier to deal with in a smaller population.
A population of 51M isn’t insignificant. And by all accounts, their response has been efficient and relatively effective. Of course, there are differences between countries, but it shouldn’t discount certain world populations dealing with the virus in better ways than others.

The lefts ideology of never letting a serious crisis go to waste is alive and well and perfectly illustrated in this thread.
Sure because celebrating incompetence in the middle of a national crisis should be our top priority.

Oh wait, we already have FOX News for that. Lmao

Damn, thank God you're not in charge of making decisions.

Keep up the good work in helping the infirm stay alive Doc.

Stay safe.
Don’t worry, I feel the same about you

It’s not over yet - also a very different place

It's not over yet and being an island helps a lot. But they were prepared for something like this. Most of their people live in densely populated areas. Culturally grandparents live with their sons or daughters.

Taiwan could have been another hot spot but they're not because they were prepared and acted rapidly.

okay love you guys including all you misguided guys I totally have to do something borderline useful or something

Everybody stay safe
Stay data driven
Be of goode cheere
Etc.

False. Spread rate is directly related to population density - hence the social distancing. We have a tremendous advantage here... just need to not bungle it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST