SOURCE:NESN

SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFanInVa, Feb 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Seward

Adam Seward IAN 2020 PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,555
    No coke spoons in the workplace.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Tony2046

Tony2046 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +37,437
    No there really isn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,625
    You’re going to be in the twighlight zone in two weeks. We are absolutely not in the middle of flattening the curve. We’re in the calm before the storm.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  4. 50-yard-line

50-yard-line Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +6,849
    You missed one. On January 24, Trump met with Senators - not sure if it was just the Republicans, but I think this was the day he was talking about meeting with the GOP.

Almost immediately, Richard Burr dumped 1.5 million in stock and told donors at some dinner (there's audio of this) that things were going to get bad.

Also, Senator Kelly Loeffer (sp?) began dumping - between 1.3 and 3.4 million.

Meanwhile, Trump and Kudlow were urging the plebes to "buy."

• Angry Angry x 3
    • Sad Sad x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  5. Adam Seward

Adam Seward IAN 2020 PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,555
    Senator Dumped Up to $1.7 Million of Stock After Reassuring Public About Coronavirus Preparedness — ProPublica

• Angry Angry x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. maust1013

maust1013 Just Another Guy PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +17,972

There's a world of difference between planning for the worst and actually expecting it, lol

Planning for the worst has always been my primary approach as well. My wife and I have always had a plan ahead and for the 'worst' outlook on everything. For example we've made and prepaid our final arrangements (something every adult should do BTW) because everyone dies and the worst case there is your grief stricken heirs not only shouldn't have to make those decisions but they could be in a vulnerable state.

I happened to be in ear shot when our oldest called his mother today. I could only hear her end of the conversation but it was apparent he was calling to see how well stocked we are and if we needed anything. She told him we didn't need a thing and ran down an off the top of her head list of what's here to him then after a moment of listening she chuckled and told him "No we haven't been putting ourselves at risk, neither of us has gone anywhere in a week. Think about where we live and remember it's winter."

Worst case scenario thinking keeps us prepared to be snowed in for 4-6 weeks. It's the same thought process that led us to buy a large freezer and install a duel fuel generator when we decided to be here year round. If there hadn't already been a secondary heat source here we would have installed one.

So yeah, we might have been worst casing for snowmaggedon and not a pandemic but here we are in in our as safe as it reasonably can be well stocked isolation. Point being, there's a lot to be said for worst case scenario planning. If nothing else it certainly won't let you down and you'll continue to eat well.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,562
    I wanted to stick to the virus itself rather than get all wound around the axle about insider trading and self-dealing, that stuff is legal nowadays if you're the president :D

• Sad Sad x 1
  8. fightingirish595

fightingirish595 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,934
    I’m still in shock over ilhan Omar’s tweets

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MoreBellhorn

MoreBellhorn 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2,118
    The 15 days were laid out for a reason. To reassess. I really don’t think you understand the economic repercussions if the country shut down for a month. It would be absolutely devastating. The amount of people out of jobs, businesses flaming out even more so than now, and the economy being almost irrecoverable. You really do not understand. If you don’t care about that, then you don’t care. We have to do what we’re doing now and reassess. It’s as simple as that. If it was the Black Plague, I’d think differently.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. 50-yard-line

Ratings:
    +6,849
    Why? It's become increasingly clear that you have to flatter Trump to get anything from him.

Wanna bet that "swing states" get extra supplies?

11. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +33,625
    You’ve totally crisscrossed the effects of the virus, the government’s inevitable solution, and economic effects. And then moved the goalposts to claim I don’t know/don’t care about the impact on the economy. Are you always this dishonest in arguments?

California is the fifth largest economy in the world and just locked down the entire state. The whole US is next. It’s happening whether you approve of it or not and regardless of what you think I know about the economy or care about the economy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Jlaff

Jlaff Early Bird Specials PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +3,400
    I don't know where you get your info on Trump and Ludlow urging people to buy, but the rest of that infuriates me (just saw that on the news myself). Absolutely disgusting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Sad Sad x 1
  13. MoreBellhorn

Ratings:
    +2,118
    She had fantastic tweets whether you believe in her or not. Just great.

14. MoreBellhorn

Ratings:
    +2,118
    It’s really not. But hey, keep thinking that the whole US will shutdown.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. patman12

patman12 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,624
    Iceland is testing their entire population to get a better epidemiological perspective. One interesting thing to note from the article:

Transmission is known to occur with asymptomatic patients which is why everyone should just assume they are positive and self quarantine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. 40yrpatsfan

40yrpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +645
    It wasn't till this Monday March 15th that you could see that Trump finally went all-in. What China and WHO did in January is one thing, but it took Trump 6 full weeks to actually accept what was happening. I think he'll do fine from here on in, cause it's the first time I've seen him when he wasn't campaigning, but he's 5 weeks too late.

This is what happens when you elect a guy that has no government experience, no respect for science, who surrounds himself with yes-men, who views everything through the lens of getting re-elected, and can't get through a press conference without uttering a half dozen inadvertent untruths, another half dozen intentional lies & distortions, and a few gratuitous insults for good measure.

He's just a really bad fit to be president, especially for something like this. I go all the way back to Dwight Eisenhower. Trump is the 12th president of my lifetime, and is easily the last guy of those 12 to manage something like this. Truman & FDR were also giants compared to this man. So you have to go back 15 presidents to find someone that Trump might be better than to manage this. I'm not basing this on hate or party, just performance.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Sad x 1
  17. maust1013

maust1013 Just Another Guy PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +17,972
    I've got respect for your intelligence bro. Give it more than an 'I didn't expect that' cursory thought and you won't be. ;)

18. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +33,625
    You can point fingers at Trump, but consider that virtually every non-SARS country has had the same lagging response. All of Western Europe is going through it; much of the world is going through it. This virus is just a btch because it spreads despite not showing symptoms. That’s almost impossible to stop or control unless you immediately went into a total lockdown to slow the spread significantly and can only be ended when a cure or vaccine is available.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. MoreBellhorn

Ratings:
    +2,118
    I wish everyone could get together and move towards the same goal without a global crisis. It’s still nice to see both sides of the aisle come together and move towards a common goal.

• Like Like x 2
  20. 50-yard-line

Ratings:
    +6,849

In coronavirus crisis, Trump's stock market advice keeps looking worse

“The virus story is not going to last forever,” Kudlow said in an interview. “I would suggest very seriously taking a look at the market, the stock market, that is a lot cheaper than it was a week or two ago.”

Five Senators now:
    Senator Richard Burr
    Senator Kelly Loefner
    Senator Dianne Feinstein,
    Senator Ron Johnson
    Senator Jim Inhofe

And yes, this is very much illegal. The STOCK (Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge) Act was signed soon after Obama called out this practice in his 2012 SotU.

• Thank You Thank You x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.