PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh its been brought up. But the hate here is directed to the "real" villain Donald Trump :rolleyes:
What did Tucker say last night, so we know what the President will say today.

Tucker should go back to the bow tie, better look for him.

So the Diamond Princess Cruise ship make a pretty good proxie to study the infection rate and fatality rate for the Virus. Though the sample size is relatively small (3,700 passengers and crew)
they were confined and no social isolation indeed they were in close proximity and the quarantine of the ship isolated this group.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.05.20031773v2.full.pdf

This article takes some to the data from the tables in the study and presents it graphically.

Diamond Princess Mysteries

The fatality and infection rates broken down by age, the story the data shows doesn't match the computer models of the Imperial War College in GB.
Yep pretty incredible, it’s almost as if locking up in a cruise ship room slows the transmission rate.

I say keep calling it the Chinese or coronavirus until the Chinese own up to what they did.

Its pretty silly to object to calling it the Wuhan Coranavirus. Given that, as far as we know, it did originate in Wuhan China.

I mean
Spanish flu - Wikipedia
Papers were free to report the epidemic's effects in neutral Spain (such as the grave illness of King Alfonso XIII).[8] These stories created a false impression of Spain as especially hard hit,[9] giving rise to the pandemic's nickname, "Spanish flu"
racist?

I say keep calling it the Chinese or coronavirus until the Chinese own up to what they did.
Or what, we nuke them?
Lmao at you thinking Trump calling it Chinese virus is going to change anything. China doesn't gaf what he says. He's not doing it to change China. It's just red meat to throw at his Tuckers.

It’s like focusing on what music the orchestra would play as the Titanic was sinking

Or what, we nuke them?
Lmao at you thinking Trump calling it Chinese virus is going to change anything. China doesn't gaf what he says. He's not doing it to change China. It's just red meat to throw at his Tuckers.

Obviously you didn't think this through. China is in a propaganda war right now in addition to fighting the virus. Trump is hitting them where it hurts. Believe me, they do care if people blame them. They are a self-conscious people.

Here's a comparison of the path of the Trump Virus cases in US versus other countries. It's looking more like Italy than So Korea.

20200319_110048.jpg

Obviously you didn't think this through. China is in a propaganda war right now in addition to fighting the virus. Trump is hitting them where it hurts. Believe me, they do care if people blame them. They are a self-conscious people.
China like the rest of the world is trying to reduce new cases.

20200319_111437.jpg

The US is so far behind the curve on testing for the Trump Virus that we have no idea how bad it is.

View attachment 26418

The US is so far behind the curve on testing for the Trump Virus that we have no idea how bad it is.

They've had a much longer time to deal with it. They've known about since December and kept it a secret. But I am glad you are pulling for China in this one.

@venecol is just trolling and looking for a reaction by calling it trump virus. Don’t feed it

View attachment 26418

"The Trump Virus". Hahaha

We are far behind in testing but they're heading in the right direction. Unfortunately I'm reading about a strain on the supply chain will possibly delay the ramping. Things like nasal swabs are becoming in short supply.

Edit to add link.

U.S. Coronavirus Testing Starts To Ramp Up But Still Lags

"The Trump Virus". Hahaha

We are far behind in testing but they're heading in the right direction. Unfortunately I'm reading about a strain on the supply chain will possibly delay the ramping. Things like nasal swabs are becoming in short supply.
Yea, swabs, reagents, and other parts. Laboratories are saying they won't be able to handle the increase in testing. It never ends.

Here's a comparison of the path of the Trump Virus cases in US versus other countries. It's looking more like Italy than So Korea.

View attachment 26417

Yup. We failed with the testing. South Koreas death rate also extremely low because of age.

SK did a great job preventing a huge outbreak

It doesn't matter what it's called.
It’s just something for the dunces of the left and right to pointlessly bicker about. Trump stoops to China’s level of blaming by engaging in it.

Trump on now. I'll keep you updated.

Trump focusing on blame game instead of solutions so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes