PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cooks traded to Rams for 23 overall pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it’s time for a “cooks is a bum” thread?

Go for it, but anyone who posts supporting it is a fool. Cooks is a VERY GOOD Wide Receiver in the NFL and will be a legitimate/good #1 receiver on many teams, particularly those that like to work the deeper end of the field.

He is quietly on his way to a Hall of Fame career, I think, as long as his production doesn't nosedive when he doesn't have Brees or Brady throwing to him.

I love the kid, but love the trade, too, because for all of that, he's not worth 15+ million in the Pats' (current) system and QB, and number 23 is a great return for an 8.5 million 1-year rental.

DaCwfzxWsAEAU-v.jpg

I'm sure it's been said already (I can't be bothered to read 30+ pages of comments hehe) but I liked Cooks while he was here, and he put up good numbers, but it just felt like he wasn't the perfect fit they were hoping for and he and Brady never seemed to be on the same page all the time. Even with the numbers he put up, it felt like there were a lot of missed opportunities.

He will be missed however, 1,000 yards out the door is never a great thing. Here's hoping Mitchell stays healthy, and the emergence of Riley.

Wow! That pictures messed up. I had that same look on my face at my mothers funeral. I’m not saying this as a joke. He looks miserable like he’d rather be anywhere else

I'm sure it's been said already (I can't be bothered to read 30+ pages of comments hehe) but I liked Cooks while he was here, and he put up good numbers, but it just felt like he wasn't the perfect fit they were hoping for and he and Brady never seemed to be on the same page all the time. Even with the numbers he put up, it felt like there were a lot of missed opportunities.

He will be missed however, 1,000 yards out the door is never a great thing. Here's hoping Mitchell stays healthy, and the emergence of Riley.
That's pretty much the board's consensus.

Rams are a good team, I doubt he is too bothered about being there.

For the next 2 years. Then they will have a sudden drop back into 8-8 mediocrity territory. As many have already said.. this is not about winning but about creating hype for LA and selling as many season tickets for the new stadium in advance as possible.

They will be at their first crossroads at the end of this season with Donald, Cooks and Suh.

For the next 2 years. Then they will have a sudden drop back into 8-8 mediocrity territory. As many have already said.. this is not about winning but about creating hype for LA and selling as many season tickets for the new stadium in advance as possible.

They will be at their first crossroads at the end of this season with Donald, Cooks and Suh.
Perhaps so but Cooks will be with them this year while they are still in good shape then can choose whatever path he likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back