PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cooks traded to Rams for 23 overall pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t wait until the draft now. So much could be going down. So many different options. I love it. We haven’t had a truly fun draft experience in a few years now.

With 2 1st-picks,

-> trade UP
-> stay
-> trade one of these picks

OT is a great need. But, the top 3 OTs are not very overwhelming. My guess would be LB/DE with #23rd pick.

QB in 2nd-round. IMO.

BTW - Cooks was a very good asset during Regular & Playoffs. But, a dud in the SB.

giphy.gif

Three observations.

1. Rams are building an All Star team. They're in the hunt for every marquee name out there.

2. Hard to get excited about this trade. We'll either end up drafting a bust or a good player that will only end up getting traded couple years down the road for nothing.

3. BB is doing a good job of trolling Brady so far."Force me to trade my guy Jimmy? Ok ok, i'm going to crap on you in more ways than one."
Maybe BB was just "chumming" the rest of the NFL in the Jimmy G Trade? Remember when no one wanted to trade with the Pats because they thought BB would screw them?
DW Toys

What is wrong with Rosen?
I like him I like Mayfield I like Allen I like Lauletta I like Kenchoff I like White I like Jackson If the Patriots are targeting a QB they need to nail it.

Have you seen the movie Draft Day? Rosen may be this years Bo Callahan.

There any receivers left to sign? I hope we don’t use a high pick on one, Bill and co don’t have a stellar track record there. I’d rather they just snag a vet.

That’s exactly what he is and it’s the reason we traded for him. If he frees up others to make plays and clogs the run up the middle people should be happy.
..as long as you have the players to make plays it works. Elandon Roberts is not one of them

So he traded for him last year known he was gonna trade him this year.

Either way he wasnt long term for bill. I'm fine with it. He didnt shine here like some said he would.
Somebody on this forum last year said that was the case. I can't recall. Was it you Ivan? Knew we would never pay him at FA time.
Got to gives someone props.
DW Toys

Somebody on this forum last year said that was the case. I can't recall. Was it you Ivan? Knew we would never pay him at FA time.
DW Toys
I thought he would be a 2 year player here and then he would be gone after the next year during free agency and the Pats would be happy with a 3rd or 4th round compensation pick. Today was a lucky surprise.

I'm not saying it's a bad trade, but regarding what you said in bold.... you have got to be kidding.
Dorsett may not be as polished as Cooks at this point in time, but with development can be a very good player. He has proven to be tougher than Cooks. In all-22, Dorsett was consistently effective as a downfield blocker, allowing MANY Lewis long runs. He seldom got the credit. He is also an unselfish player. I am anxious to see how he develops.

Awesome deal. Can’t wait until draft day.

DW Toys
Not so sure you give up a first for a guy as a rental, I think they would have liked to keep him if the receiver market didn’t get insane. Moncrief is getting same money as Cooks this year for christ’s sake.

We’d have to trade up to 4 to get Rosen start off with 24+31 than probably a 2nd next year.

If Rosen were to teach his full potential as an elite QB it would be sitting and learning from Brady and our staff for 2-3 years.

I've had a couple of hours to let this move percolate in my brain, and I'm still not sure what to think of it. On the one hand, Cooks was consistently able to threaten the middle-deep, and was able to impact games from the OWR spot in a way we haven't seen since Moss. On the other hand, his route tree was limited, as he really didn't function well over the middle, and he never developed any ability to shed the DBs at the chuck.

I think this is the sort of trade where a wait and see approach is probably the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes