PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Contract Extension For Chung: Details To Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for Chung, but I really don't understand this. I was told that all the Patriots stars were miserable. Why would he voluntarily choose to stay here?
Because he now just got Over-paid, that's why, and our salary cap situation is even Worse than it was before the raise. What the **** was the rush ?

...They sure as hell aren’t going to outbid all of the other teams in FA for double digit millions per year for promising young expensive talent like Cooks, Flowers, and Mason. Anyone who thinks that will happen has a very short memory of how free agency works, and only needs to look back to the talk of retaining ALL four of Chandler Jones, HT, Collins, and Butler. I said then that I’d be happy if they could afford to keep 2/4, and that didn’t even happen.
Yep, they chose the Least healthy of the bunch, and in the case of Jones & Collins, received Jack Sh!t in return.

Hightower is a top linebacker when he is HEALTHY.
Jamie Collins started freelancing away from doing his job and left the rest of the defense covering holes he created.
Padding numbers maybe?
Chandler Jones is a shame hard worker best pass rusher weve had since Willie Mac.
Besides the synthetic weed and disappearing in big games I really thought he was the best of the bunch.
Some say too expensive and he was and is however its not cheap to have a pass rush unless you are lucky enough to draft the right guys.
Thats why I feel priority number 1 in this draft is pass rush.
Id be more than happy to give up 31 for Clowney if that offer is truly on the table and he'd sign longterm without setting contract records.
So being thats all a pipe dream im honed in on 2 positions.
Elephant in this defense and the moveable defensive chess piece Jordan Richards was suppose to be.
If we hit on the next Jimmy G
Mason Rudolph?
Jackson?
Then thats huge to continue to be a perenial playoff contender for the next five seasons at least.

Hightower is a top linebacker when he is HEALTHY.
Jamie Collins started freelancing away from doing his job and left the rest of the defense covering holes he created.
Padding numbers maybe?
Chandler Jones is a shame hard worker best pass rusher weve had since Willie Mac.
Besides the synthetic weed and disappearing in big games I really thought he was the best of the bunch.
Some say too expensive and he was and is however its not cheap to have a pass rush unless you are lucky enough to draft the right guys.
Thats why I feel priority number 1 in this draft is pass rush.
Id be more than happy to give up 31 for Clowney if that offer is truly on the table and he'd sign longterm without setting contract records.
So being thats all a pipe dream im honed in on 2 positions.
Elephant in this defense and the moveable defensive chess piece Jordan Richards was suppose to be.
If we hit on the next Jimmy G
Mason Rudolph?
Jackson?
Then thats huge to continue to be a perenial playoff contender for the next five seasons at least.

Mason Rudolph kind of floats his passes. Jackson would be a project. He played in an offense where he made 1-2 reads and then took off. That said, he'd be given a chance to refine his skills behind Brady.

Mason Rudolph kind of floats his passes. Jackson would be a project. He played in an offense where he made 1-2 reads and then took off. That said, he'd be given a chance to refine his skills behind Brady.
I feel Rudolph could improve on his technique
You cant coach his size and Gilmore who said hes been scouting QBs said that he thought Rudolph was the most impressive.
I could be talked into Luke Falk but he reminds me of Drew Stanton.
Which QB do you like for us in this draft?

I feel Rudolph could improve on his technique
You cant coach his size and Gilmore who said hes been scouting QBs said that he thought Rudolph was the most impressive.
I could be talked into Luke Falk but he reminds me of Drew Stanton.
Which QB do you like for us in this draft?

Hell no on Falk. I don't like his arm either and his eyes drop at the first sign of pressure. I like Mayfield, Lauletta, and Woodside. I'm doing extra work on Jackson to see if I can turn the corner on him at all. BGC has been working overtime trying to sell us on him in the draft forum.

Hell no on Falk. I don't like his arm either and his eyes drop at the first sign of pressure. I like Mayfield, Lauletta, and Woodside. I'm doing extra work on Jackson to see if I can turn the corner on him at all. BGC has been working overtime trying to sell us on him in the draft forum.
Woodside is intriguing
But do you think he could turn into a QB 1?

Any chance if Allen is there in the mid teens we go up to get him?

Appearantly we had Caserio at Woodsides pro day and from what I just read he was on top of him the whole time.
Slated as a 6th rounder if we see him as a fit I wouldnt mind taking him earlier.

Any chance if Allen is there in the mid teens we go up to get him?

I'm not a fan of Allen at all. Furthermore, I think some team reaches for him. If it's the Browns, I may wet myself laughing.

And they say Belichick can't draft a good DB in the second round...

Yeah, all we got for Jones is our starting LG and a WR that caught 6 passes in Super Bowl 51.

And considering that Chandler Jones is getting paid like 16m a year you can add Gilmore to the list.

Thuney + Mitchell + Gilmore > Jones.

This guy's durability is really something special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes