PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classy post. Thank you. You're a lot classier then a lot of visitors we've had to our forum. Your team fought valiantly. It was an epic battle.

I still find it hard to believe that we came out the winners.

I thought that I thought I knew how great Tom Brady was. I was wrong. He was so much better than I ever thought. What a miracle win! And what a fantastic team effort!

You have a really talented team in Atlanta. Enjoy your team and appreciate them, because you never know when great moments, great opportunities like this will come again.

OP, I respect your team. I was talking A TON of smack before the superbowl but watching the Falcons tear us a new one in the 1rst half made me respect the hell out of your team.

The future is bright for the Falcons.

To the victor, the spoils. As a Falcons fan, I never thought the game was won. I told my wife at half time we needed 10 points to win. We got 7. Great job by the Patriots D! The Patriots offense should move the ball on our defense. It was the defensive stops the Patriots got that impressed me the most. They twice repelled the Falcons when they moved into FG position. You can question the offensive play calls all you want, but the Patriots had to make plays. They got it done.

I'm not as disappointed in the Falcons as most are. They fell short to the GOAT. It happens. I felt like our coaching staff did a great job of game planning. The could have called a better game late, but the players could have made a play as well. Really what it comes down to is the Patriots were out of mulligans with a quarter to play and they hit every shot on both sides of the ball down the center of the fairway. Well done!

Classy post man! Major props for making this post after such a game. Most of us would never have been able to do so in reverse. Thanks man, y'all have our respect.

Rea
To the victor, the spoils. As a Falcons fan, I never thought the game was won. I told my wife at half time we needed 10 points to win. We got 7. Great job by the Patriots D! The Patriots offense should move the ball on our defense. It was the defensive stops the Patriots got that impressed me the most. They twice repelled the Falcons when they moved into FG position. You can question the offensive play calls all you want, but the Patriots had to make plays. They got it done.

I'm not as disappointed in the Falcons as most are. They fell short to the GOAT. It happens. I felt like our coaching staff did a great job of game planning. The could have called a better game late, but the players could have made a play as well. Really what it comes down to is the Patriots were out of mulligans with a quarter to play and they hit every shot on both sides of the ball down the center of the fairway. Well done!
Respect bro! You guys had one HELL of a season & proved a worthy opponent when it counted. God bless.

Your team put up the greatest game i have ever witnessed. You were Remarkable. I can only see your team getting better over the years. Your young linebacker called Deion? Is one hell of a player!

It will be hard after reading this to not root for the Falcons as long as they aren't playing the Patriots.

It hurts a lot to have it snatched away like it was for your team last night. I give you so much credit for being so gracious-your day will come and believe it or not the losses that crush you make the victories even sweeter.

Respect. I know it was a tough L for you and the city of Atlanta but Matt Ryan is a beast, wouldn't be surprised if he wins multiple rings by the time it's all said and done.

As I was saying (repeatedly:D) before the game, no way this was going to be blowout win for us. Falcons are awesome group, terrific offense and young, explosive defense. We got them on TOP, long drives had finally caught up with them at the end of the 3rd quarter, pass rush was gone and Brady got some breathing space at last. Great game for Atlanta, they have shown their place in the SB was well earned.

You guys have young defense and not bad GM and HC.

Dave,

I found your thoughts prior to the game inciteful and I appreciate your visiting our forum with your thoughts. I tried to do the same on the steelers forum but they restrict t only to steeler fans which is ignorant as far as I am concerned.
Your revisiting our forum to congratulate us is an indicator of your character. Well done! God bless!

When it was 28-3 I vowed to myself that if the Falcons won I would go to the Falcons Board and offer congratulations on an excellent game plan and outstanding execution. Easily the toughest, best prepared and most talented team the Pats played all year.

Gracious of you to post such sentiments here. You should be welcomed back at any time.

Once that young defense gels and they make a few more moves on that side of the ball, Atlanta will be a force in the NFC for years to come. Great game. Someone had to lose it. See you next year.

Thanks for being magnanimous. I think it shows a lot of character on your part. Too many faux tough guys around who "hate" such and such a fan base because of their own insecurity or whatever.

Tough loss for you guys. I will look forward to seeing Atl bounce back next season. You guys have some real talent on both sides of the ball - a lot of guys who can flat out ruin a game for the opposition.

Jones is obviously on a whole different level. I couldn't believe that he caught the pass he did in the 4th Q where he toe touched. The guy's feet are a mess and he was still willing and able to slam them into the turf by the narrowest of margins. He goes up there with Larry Fitzgerald in terms of best individual WR performances I recall in the Superbowl.

So sorry bud, incredibly tough way to lose. Hope to see the Falcons back in the mix again.

Props to the Falcons. We knew about their potent offense but that defense is solid. Lots of speed and good coverage in the secondary. They should only improve next year.

I honestly don't think the Falcons were a team a lot of us thought much about before. We will now. If we are honest, I doubt there were many that were very hopeful after the pick 6. I had thought before the game that the TOs would have to be equal for the Patriots to win. In a way, I was right. What actually happened could never have been predicted.

Thanks for coming out, not just last week, but especially after the Loss.
The Falcons will always be my "go to" team in the NFC...except when they're playing the Pats.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely elated, but I do feel for the Falcons fans. I'm sure right now you feel how we felt after SB 42 (possibly worse) and I recall how bad that was.

Respect, Played a heckava game. Kudos to your team on a great year. Cheers!

....and let me just say, the game did not go at all how I imagined.

I expected a high scoring game like what we got, but certainly not in this fahion. I didn't think there was any chance Brady would be shut down for 2.5 quarters.

It looked like your team was going to complete a remarkable run of making Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, and Tom Brady look pedestrian...........but that Tom Brady guy had to be stingy and spoil the party.

Unless you are facing the Pats again next year, I wish you the best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back