PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations Tom Brady on #7!

lol how stubborn can you be that you don't realize Brady wanted out because the Pats have not had any weapons, he went to TB which was loaded on offense, where he had chances to win SB whereas the Patriots were in Cap-hell after the 5 SuperBowl trips and 3 Rings the last 6 years...

BB didn't wanted Brady? No, Brady didn't wanted to be here anymore because he has not seen a chance to win with those weapons he ended up in the end, is it that difficult to understand that it was Bradys choice not BBs?

1612969957183.png

he didn't sign an extention? Brady is 400years old, he has not that much time for BB to rebuild an old team without any noticeable offensive weapon, if it would have been about money Brady would have signed with the Jags or anybody who would throw 50M per year to him, but he is in win-now mode and went to a loaded Tampa Bay team and convinced them (next to the fact that they obvioulsy have had the needed cap room) to aquire Gronk and Brown to even have more offensive weapons he has not had in NE recently in order to have a chance at the ring, with the pats he would not have, lets be clear and honest about that

so yes BB used the last 4-5 years to set a team up to win 3 rings in 5 years but at the end of the line he went out of money and is due a rebuild, unfortunatelly he is listenning to don't know who the dumb azz evaluator is ,McDaniels or Caserio with their stupid offensive formula or what **** they used there to evaluate WRs and TEs, and BBs tendency to overdraft Safeties and DB in 2nd round, the what 5? early picks taken away in the last couple of years didn't help in the drafts, thats why the Pats are basically at the begining of a rebuild and it will tkae them a few years unless they start to hit home runs with the draft, (thats what actually enabled dynasty 2.0 after 2011, of course with the GOAT at QB)
This post is a mess. No offense.

I mean, Brady did choose to leave... in the most narrow sense of "rejecting a trash scenario for a fantastic one."

Like let's ignore the alleged drama all around and just focus on things that are facts, or are at least opinions supported by how things actually turned out in reality.

Option 1: Stay on the Pats, make less than market value for 1 season, throw to trash receivers & get called washed up when they suck.
Option 2: Leave the Pats, get a 2 year/$50m guaranteed contract, throw to a bunch of great weapons, maybe actually contend for a title For Real.

Who in the world isn't taking Option 2? What is the evidence the 2020 Pats could have had good receivers for Brady when *waves in general direction of the 2020 Patriots WR/TE roster*?

he didn't sign an extention? Brady is 400years old, he has not that much time for BB to rebuild an old team without any noticeable offensive weapon, if it would have been about money Brady would have signed with the Jags or anybody who would throw 50M per year to him, but he is in win-now mode and went to a loaded Tampa Bay team and convinced them (next to the fact that they obvioulsy have had the needed cap room) to aquire Gronk and Brown to even have more offensive weapons he has not had in NE recently in order to have a chance at the ring, with the pats he would not have, lets be clear and honest about that

so yes BB used the last 4-5 years to set a team up to win 3 rings in 5 years but at the end of the line he went out of money and is due a rebuild, unfortunatelly he is listenning to don't know who the dumb azz evaluator is ,McDaniels or Caserio with their stupid offensive formula or what **** they used there to evaluate WRs and TEs, and BBs tendency to overdraft Safeties and DB in 2nd round, the what 5? early picks taken away in the last couple of years didn't help in the drafts, thats why the Pats are basically at the begining of a rebuild and it will tkae them a few years unless they start to hit home runs with the draft, (thats what actually enabled dynasty 2.0 after 2011, of course with the GOAT at QB)
What money? What loaded up? What weapons?

Besides Gilmore I don't see a single "loaded up" player. Or "win now" mode for BB. And either way, BB could have loaded up further. Mortgaged the future further. Brady was clearly still the one to win a championship with.

All you say only makes sense if BB can now re-load and execute. And if he can't, and I have my doubts, it'll turn out to be the biggest and stupidest make in NFL history to let Brady walk.

Besides Gilmore I don't see a single "loaded up" player. Or "win now" mode for BB. And either way, BB could have loaded up further. Mortgaged the future further. Brady was clearly still the one to win a championship with.

All you say only makes sense if BB can now re-load and execute. And if he can't, and I have my doubts, it'll turn out to be the biggest and stupidest make in NFL history to let Brady walk.

I doubt they could have built a contender in 2020 even with the most aggressive free agency approach and can kicking on cap hits. But it’s basically an objective fact that they did not go “all-in” in any way in the second half of the 2010s. If they had, why were Chandler Jones, Logan Ryan, and Brandin Cooks not on the team, which big backloaded deals exist as evidence, and which high draft picks did they trade for veteran talent? Why were they lowballing Lagarrette Blount over five dollars? I don’t think people realize how fiscally conservative the Patriots have been versus almost every other contender, many of whom they competed against (Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, Falcons, Seahawks) in terms of trying to go all-in. It all worked out with three Super Bowls, but there’s no need to revise history either.

Last edited:
I doubt they could have built a contender in 2020 even with the most aggressive free agency approach and can kicking on cap hits. But it’s basically on objective fact that they did not go “all-in” in any way in the second half of the 2010s. If they had, why were Chandler Jones, Logan Ryan, and Brandin Cooks not on the team, which big backloaded deals exist as evidence, and which high draft picks did they trade for veteran talent? Why were they lowballing Lagarrette Blount over five dollars? I don’t think people realize how fiscally conservative the Patriots have been versus almost every other contender, many of whom they competed against (Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, Falcons, Seahawks) in terms of trying to go all-in. It all worked out with three Super Bowls, but there’s no need to revise history either.

Exactly. Which is why BB saying they mortgaged their future is such nonsense.

I was talking about loaded up Tampa Team but seems I am not able to write a proper sentence (or others cannot read and understand properly)

Brady went to where he has had the best chance to win NOW , Tampa had already all weapons in place with real WR1, WR2, TE1, TE2 and they just added TE Goat and WR3 because he is in win-now mode, whereas the Pats do not have any WR or TE (beside banged up Edelman) to win a SB also with the GOAT as QB (as seen a year before)

I don't see BB being able to reload and exchange almost a complete team in 1-2 years to be competitive for the SB, it will take 2-3 years at least and without a franchise QB it might even take longer, but Brady did not want to wait for another rebuild with 43 years, especially when a rebuild starts with first round pick WR Harry^^

Brady obviously is sitll great but he would not have won with this years Patriots team, so good for him he left and got another ring, Brady has had to move on also the Pats have to, stop crying

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back