PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations Green Bay Super Bowl 45 Champs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... forgot about that one... a couple thoughts:

1) I couldn't have been more wrong putting the Cowboys and Vikings in the top 10.
2) I definitely underestimated the Patriots (FWIW I didn't edit the prediction before posting it on this board). I thought Brady was past his prime (congrats to Tom on the MVP) and the defense was going to be soft. They ended up being the most dangerous team in the AFC, but as you guys know too well, that often doesn't matter much in division rivalries.
3) The Packer team I was talking about then was quite a bit different than the team that I watched today. I imagined a high-powered offense with Ryan Grant at RB and Jermichael Finley at TE that would be the centerpieces of the offense led by Rodgers. I never imagined that they would take the path they did, with their season on the brink of collapse after back to back losses to the Lions and Patriots in weeks 14-15, winning 3 road playoff games as the 6 seed and winning the Superbowl without Driver or Woodson on the field.

This team has had every reason to rightfully claim every excuse in the book. Many Packer fans already went down that road way back in September/October by writing off the season as a "throw-away" with all the injuries and close losses they had early in the season. But the team never made any excuses and had no regrets, and instead the guys that were next in line stepped up and played with the expectation that they were to perform to the level of a starter. And it applied all the way into today's game when team leaders in Woodson and Driver both came out of the game due to injury. When that happened, they knew exactly how to handle it.

Your team won. In the end, that's the prediction that matters most. Enjoy it!

Congrats to the Packers and their fans. Enjoy it! Take tomorrow off! Where do they have the parade? Green Bay is kinda small, isn't it?

They'll have the parade on Tuesday. Green Bay is about a 100,000 person population. They'll probably fill the stadium though. Even though Green Bay doesn't compare to any other NFL cities size-wise there are actually quite a few other cities nearby that account for quite a bit of population in the area. The nearby Fox Cities are sort of like a metro area without the city center. About 1.2 million people live in Northeast Wisconsin within maybe a 50-mile radius of Green Bay. Of course it doesn't compare to other NFL cities, but we're dedicated.

As for Rogers, he is a prolific passer which in addition to winning and certainly absent a lot of it is sort of a prerequisite to being truly elite, but he's had his struggles not to mention his concussions. Let's see how he deals with the SB curse and the next couple of seasons before his bust is carved. It takes a little luck and a lot of mental toughness and intestinal fortitude in the face of mounting expectations as well as the drive to remain focused after you've arrived and are getting fawned over plus in this era the kind of hunger and humility that compels you to always strive to get better lest the league and the odds catch up to you. Prove you can do that all that and then any dynasty discussion can begin...

Very well said. Rogers' talent and potential for greatness are off the charts. He can truly be classified as "elite" now--not because he won a Super Bowl, but just because of how good he is. The only question now is how much desire he has to be the best in the league.

They'll have the parade on Tuesday. Green Bay is about a 100,000 person population. They'll probably fill the stadium though. Even though Green Bay doesn't compare to any other NFL cities size-wise there are actually quite a few other cities nearby that account for quite a bit of population in the area. The nearby Fox Cities are sort of like a metro area without the city center. About 1.2 million people live in Northeast Wisconsin within maybe a 50-mile radius of Green Bay. Of course it doesn't compare to other NFL cities, but we're dedicated.

This isn't going to sound right but I thought the Finley injury was a blessing in disguise to your team. Rodgers had a crazy target rate to him which made your offense almost one dimensional. Jennings who is one of the most lethal Wr's was almost invisible early in the season while Finley dominated. As soon as he went down Rodgers went crazy on the defenses. Noone knew who was getting the balls after that. In other news, we drafted Chad Jackson over Greg Jennings.:)That went over well.

Well done Packers :) well deserved!

And the Squeelers lost :) perfect :)

congratulations to the cheeseheads

what a great game and Rodgers was perfect

a great Super Bowl

!

As someone mentioned earlier, things could not have gone better after the *ahem* Jets game fiasco.

Congratulations to the Packers and their fans. They deserve it. now bask in glory :rocker:

Lol let's calm down before we get all wet over him. Last year Peyton was going to be the GOAT what happened pick 6! They wanted to crown Rapelisburger in Brady's class and he lost let's see a few more playoff games from Rodgers first. He had a great playoff run and congrats to the packers.

Nobody is calling Aaron Rodgers the GOAT. He's accurate with superb mechanics, he's mobile, he reads defenses pretty well and has the quickest release in the game. For those who are knoledgable about football, Rodgers has been an elite QB for some time.

Congrats Pack!

Put the Steelers out to pasture.

Put to rest the ghost of Brett Favre.

All in all a very good night!!

Congrats to the Packers,great win.They won with class also,or it seemed like that to me....

Hats off to the Green Bay Packers. They were the better team last night. It was a great game, that in true Pittsburgh fashion, came down to the final 2 minutes. All in all, my Steelers didn't play GREAT, but I still have a lot of pride in them for a tremendous season. Both Pittsburgh and Green Bay faced plenty of adversity this season with injuries and Ben's suspension/distraction that caused. But great teams overcome adversity, and much respect for a Packers team that did just that.

The Steelers ultimately made too many mistakes, and Green Bay did exactly what they're supposed to do and took advantage of those mistakes. Too many turnovers (the Mendy fumble was HUGE), defense allowed way too many 3rd down conversions, and the D just didn't step up when they needed to. Polamalu hasn't been the same player since coming back from inury late this season. He's had a few good plays, but has disappeared at times and was also exposed big time when he bit on that inside slant and allowed an easy TD. Gay continues to be our weakest player and was beat on several occassions. Ben seemed out of rhythem most of the night, but one INT was a result of him getting hit as he threw, and the other was a result of the defender wrestling the ball out of his receivers hands. But excuses aside, you just can't turn the ball over against a good team like GB. I'll admit defeat and say that GB outplayed the Black & Gold last night. Just glad it wasn't a game decided on questionable calls or other such nonsense. The Packers won that Lombardi fair and square, so respect to them.

A well-deserved win for a very likeable team with a young QB with loads of potential and a bright future in the league. Again, congrats GB fans!

Here's hoping they can reach an agreement on the CBA and give us fans another awesome season next year. I can't imagine NOT having football! The thought makes me sick.

On a side note, congrats to TB for Player of the Year. He was deserving.

Until our boys take the field again, I'll remain a proud fan.....HERE WE GO STEELERS!!

Hats off to the Green Bay Packers. They were the better team last night. It was a great game, that in true Pittsburgh fashion, came down to the final 2 minutes. All in all, my Steelers didn't play GREAT, but I still have a lot of pride in them for a tremendous season. Both Pittsburgh and Green Bay faced plenty of adversity this season with injuries and Ben's suspension/distraction that caused. But great teams overcome adversity, and much respect for a Packers team that did just that.

The Steelers ultimately made too many mistakes, and Green Bay did exactly what they're supposed to do and took advantage of those mistakes. Too many turnovers (the Mendy fumble was HUGE), defense allowed way too many 3rd down conversions, and the D just didn't step up when they needed to. Polamalu hasn't been the same player since coming back from inury late this season. He's had a few good plays, but has disappeared at times and was also exposed big time when he bit on that inside slant and allowed an easy TD. Gay continues to be our weakest player and was beat on several occassions. Ben seemed out of rhythem most of the night, but one INT was a result of him getting hit as he threw, and the other was a result of the defender wrestling the ball out of his receivers hands. But excuses aside, you just can't turn the ball over against a good team like GB. I'll admit defeat and say that GB outplayed the Black & Gold last night. Just glad it wasn't a game decided on questionable calls or other such nonsense. The Packers won that Lombardi fair and square, so respect to them.

A well-deserved win for a very likeable team with a young QB with loads of potential and a bright future in the league. Again, congrats GB fans!

Here's hoping they can reach an agreement on the CBA and give us fans another awesome season next year. I can't imagine NOT having football! The thought makes me sick.

On a side note, congrats to TB for Player of the Year. He was deserving.

Until our boys take the field again, I'll remain a proud fan.....HERE WE GO STEELERS!!

Very classy post. Congrats to your Steelers on a fine season. They had a great playoffs, and made a great game of the Super Bowl despite being down 21-3. Not many teams could have come back against a great defense like Green Bay's. Also, as much as I hate Roethlisburger, I have to admit, he is a warrior. Busted ankle, hurt his knee in the game, got his bell rung, and still was fighting to the end.

Very classy post. Congrats to your Steelers on a fine season. They had a great playoffs, and made a great game of the Super Bowl despite being down 21-3. Not many teams could have come back against a great defense like Green Bay's. Also, as much as I hate Roethlisburger, I have to admit, he is a warrior. Busted ankle, hurt his knee in the game, got his bell rung, and still was fighting to the end.

Thanks. I have to admit, I'm having a really hard time swallowing it, but not much you can do as a fan but move on and hope for redemption next year. I can't stand when people make excuses for losses and twist the truth to explain them. I call a spade a spade, and the truth is, watching that game last night Green Bay was the better football team. Yes, the Steelers have a knack for coming back in the 4th quarter and making it interesting, but sooner or later that magic had to run out. You're right though....many Steelers fans were making nooses and looking for tall buildings to jump from by halftime, but I knew that this team is never out of a game until the bitter end. They did their part and made a few good defensive stands and put some points on the board in the 2nd half. I have to admit, that I felt in my heart that they were gonna do it again. Probably because I watched them do it so many times this season. But at the end of the game when they'd fallen short, there was no one to blame but themselves. The refs didn't blow it for them, they just didn't perform to the level they needed to in order to win. Ben is a gamer, and I don't place the blame solely on his shoulders. There were plenty of fingers to be pointed when it was all said and done.

It stings, really it does. But any Steeler fan out there running their mouth, saying we GAVE them the Lombardi is full of *****. They took it fair and square. It's hard not to be a Homer, but if you wanna win with pride, you gotta also lose with pride sometimes too. Here's to next year!

Nobody is calling Aaron Rodgers the GOAT. He's accurate with superb mechanics, he's mobile, he reads defenses pretty well and has the quickest release in the game. For those who are knoledgable about football, Rodgers has been an elite QB for some time.

Nah just saying because people already consider him better than Peyton

aaron rodgers imo has just joined the ELITE qb category with the bradys/mannings
Uh, no. Rodgers is on that second tier with Brees. Nothing to be ashamed of since Bress and Rodgers are both darn fine QB's, but Brady and Manning are in another stratosphere.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Aaron Rodgers will be the best QB in the league in another year or two, if not sooner.

I'm really beginning to hate that term... "Elite Quarterback"

Idiots like John Clayton throw that title around like candy. There are two men that currently play the position that sit above everyone (future HOFers), Tom and Peyton. And then there's a bunch of other guys like Brees, Rivers, the Rapist, Rodgers, etc. Those guys obviously still have the potential to join Brady and Manning, but they have a way to go. Everyone was on Brees' jock last year and he followed up a Superbowl victory with a pretty substandard year. He's obviously a great QB, but Brady and Manning are on a completely different level.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Aaron Rodgers will be the best QB in the league in another year or two, if not sooner.

Call me a homer, but until Brady or Peyton start to decline they sit on top alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News