PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats from the Mile High City

Status
Not open for further replies.

runandgun

On the Roster
Reaction score
I've been coming here for a while now and always have very good discussions, especially with KontradictioN and Mayoclinic. I come over here to defend my Broncos and relay the positive, but sometimes objective viewpoints on issues, so I had to drop by and say congrats!!!!

You guys were definitely the safe bet, but even after being down at half, it never felt like the game was over. For one, it's Matt Ryan and the Falcons. Not to mention, Belichick getting almost an hour during the half time break to make adjustments. Then I'm sure everyone figured Brady had a few good drives that were on the way. When the Falcons threw on 3rd and 1 and then punted, even down 16, I felt it was over for Atlanta.

We've definitely had a lot of change in Denver already this offseason, and maybe even more when we decide on a QB. Pittsburgh could be imploding, so there's not anyone else in the AFC I'm really worried about besides New England and Oakland. Enjoy this year and I'm hoping the Broncos are back on track by the time we meet in Denver this year.

Again in Denver?
Interesting to see what Elway will do in FA. Romo? Do you have a lot of capspace for some big FA signing?

Agree with your thoughts, but the HC position in Denver is a question mark, Kubiak was doing a good and underrated job with what he had in hands.

I still see the Broncos in the hunt with that defense and the toughest home field advantage in the league but they need to at least field a resemblance of an offense because now that people have tape on Siemian (actually past halfway of this last season) he is not going to be the answer.

Again in Denver?
Interesting to see what Elway will do in FA. Romo? Do you have a lot of capspace for some big FA signing?

We've got around $36mil in cap room. Not a ton of cash, so I'm doubtful we'd make a move for a 18+ mil QB. Romo is interesting, but I think he's made of glass, so unless he comes for cheap, with incentives for games played, I wouldn't touch him. Our O line was horrible last year and Siemian had a sore shoulder for a few weeks, so maybe my criticism of his Alex Smith-like play is unfair. From what I'm hearing, Elway is giving the impression that he's not panicking and will head into the season with his two QBs from last year and build.

Thanks for the kind sentiments, but lets meet at a different venue next time.

title_slide.jpg

Y'all losing Phillips and Kubiak is a huge blow.

We've got around $36mil in cap room. Not a ton of cash, so I'm doubtful we'd make a move for a 18+ mil QB. Romo is interesting, but I think he's made of glass, so unless he comes for cheap, with incentives for games played, I wouldn't touch him. Our O line was horrible last year and Siemian had a sore shoulder for a few weeks, so maybe my criticism of his Alex Smith-like play is unfair. From what I'm hearing, Elway is giving the impression that he's not panicking and will head into the season with his two QBs from last year and build.
Hmm, I would be worried. Losing Kubiak, Wade Philips is big IMO and not doing anything with Oline. I think that with 36mils Elway will do something in Fa.
And i woud be very uncomftarble watching Romo in Denver against Pats.

Thanks !

Broncos were an amazing champion in 2015, what an amazing defense. Just smashmouth defense and made Cam look horrible. Carolina has never been the same after you guys beat them up. It's interesting how things work out, in 2013 Denver loses to a great defense, 2 years later, they were the great defense. I really believed the hype last year (2015 season), thought Carolina was gonna beat anyone coming out of the AFC, either a team with a suspect offense (Denver), or a team that had a ton of injuries (Pats), but you guys showed, defense wins championships.

Pat's defense waited till after halftime to show up (gave up only 7 points in the 2nd half). Overall, not bad, gave up 21 points to the highest scoring team in football.

What was the story with losing Phillips? That really surprised me that Elway would let LA steal him away, he had been so effective with the Denver defense.

I've been coming here for a while now and always have very good discussions, especially with KontradictioN and Mayoclinic. I come over here to defend my Broncos and relay the positive, but sometimes objective viewpoints on issues, so I had to drop by and say congrats!!!!

You guys were definitely the safe bet, but even after being down at half, it never felt like the game was over. For one, it's Matt Ryan and the Falcons. Not to mention, Belichick getting almost an hour during the half time break to make adjustments. Then I'm sure everyone figured Brady had a few good drives that were on the way. When the Falcons threw on 3rd and 1 and then punted, even down 16, I felt it was over for Atlanta.

We've definitely had a lot of change in Denver already this offseason, and maybe even more when we decide on a QB. Pittsburgh could be imploding, so there's not anyone else in the AFC I'm really worried about besides New England and Oakland. Enjoy this year and I'm hoping the Broncos are back on track by the time we meet in Denver this year.
9b0cadeb60380ec44e5ac2674c4c41ab.jpg

Losing Phillips will suck and I'm very skeptical of Vance Joseph but he seems like a likeable enough dude. I'll always be afraid of the Broncos, at least in Denver.

Thanks for the kind words. I've always enjoyed having respectful opposing fans here. Ian and his crew do a great job of filtering out the noise.

I know that Oakland looks tough to beat, but I put a 25 year curse on them in 2001. They're still almost a decade away from winning anything.

Speaking of the Raiders, it was unreal this year how Carr's injury worked out for us. It helped us get the top seed, then helped Houston get them in the 1st round without a QB which the led to us getting Houston in our first playoff game.

Good luck with the Broncos.

I've seen this several times and it is pretty funny. However, I have to admit, this is why many have the negative viewpoints or criticism of the Pats and their fans. I laughed when I saw it, but I didn't want to just stop by and give my viewpoints or debate topics, and not come by to congratulate your team....and I get trolled with a Bronco guy with his butt out LOL. I come in peace, but get hit with this. I guess every fanbase has a few of these guys, smh

Brady needs to go through The Broncos in Denver on the way to a Lombardi one of these years.

If he could make Shannon Sharpe apologize for hurting our feelings, that would be great as well.

I think Elway must be familiar with the Phillips trend, great defense his 1st year, not as good 2nd year, disaster 3rd year and decided to move on while the going was still good.

What was the story with losing Phillips? That really surprised me that Elway would let LA steal him away, he had been so effective with the Denver defense.

I listened to a lot of commentary on the Wade situation. I loved Wade and the change in attitude he brought to Denver. From what I hear, he unleashed Talib, who almost single handedly changed the mentality of our defense. We went from a fast and finesse type of defense to a physical and smothering type of defense. Wade at times, was super aggressive. However, sometimes Wade seemed to be sleeping at the wheel. Teams scored on their opening drive a lot this season, like ridiculously high. Wade also didn't seem to adjust much, but rely on the athlete's to make plays.

Vs KC, in a game that could've gotten us into the playoffs, Travis Kelce dominated all game vs LBs and safties. While Talib, still a shutdown CB was guarding no name WRs, instead of shadowing Kelce. Not to mention, Alex Smith is known to dink and dunk, but Wade had both safties 20 yards back and CBs weren't anywhere near the LOS to take the underneath routes away. All of that falls on Wade IMO. Not to mention Wade reportedly was requesting to be the highest paid D Coordinator in the league. From what I hear, Elway wasn't going to pay him what he demanded at his age. Not to mention, our secondary has been the strength of the defense and the DB coach would be a much cheaper replacement.

Wade is a loss. But that D is still primed for some disruption. I still worry about NE @ DEN (as most on here do).

If you get your QB set / consistent, DEN could easily make some noise in 2017.

(Don't mind the horse lover - you are safe here.)

Again in Denver?

Definitely need an upgraded OL for Romo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back