PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Comparing NE, GB, and NO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like every Saints fan I run into thinks it's a done deal already, that NO is just gonna come up to Lambeau after steamrolling whoever else they play the first two weeks, where they will play just as brilliantly as if they were at home, and stomp the Packers because they're just so much better.

Well there's a lot of football to be played yet before any meeting in Lambeau. . .

Saints' defense is playing better--against the run, but against the pass they are every bit as vulnerable as the Pats or the Packers, even more than the Packers in some cases. NO likes to blitz a lot as a way of getting pressure on the QB and try to force the QB to hurry his throws and make mistakes. That strategy has a very good chance of backfiring against a Rodgers or a Brady, 2 QBs that are among the very very best at reading the blitz and making adjustments. A lot of blitzing by the Saints on 3rd down (assuming they both end up in the NFC champsionship game) and Rodgers will likely smoke them.

Yes, the NO OL has been better, but the GB OL played very well against the Bears and their two starting tackles, Bulaga and Clifton are due back, so the OL is probably going to be in a lot better shape come playoff time.

Hey, Saints are a beast and have as good a chance at making the SB as anyone, but it's not like teams aren't going to be able to make adjustments before the playoffs. Packers are getting about 4 or 5 key players back--Jennings, Bulaga, Clifton, Starks, and Pickett, not to mention Bishop, their #1 tackler. Some will play against the Lions, most of whom will sit. That isn't a guarantee, but that could sure change a lot when Jan 14 rolls around.

We thought the same way when we were 3-13, and couldn't win for 40 years,lol. Has nothing to do with the teams or GB. Saints are a weird fan base. Yes we had bags on our heads, but we were still at the game. The football club, actually a lot like GB’s, has always been and extension of the city. We might get nervous or worry, but once the game starts there is no way anyone is going to beat our boys. We have parades when they lose and try hard,,who does that,lol. :)

I think what you are seeing is that same positive RARA spirit clicking in WAY early, because of all the negative press, side stepping, and general disbelieve of any sports news or opposing fan to even contemplate that our boys have a popsicle chance in hell to go into
Lambeau, and even putting up a decent fight.

Its a defense mechanism born from years of losing, and I don't really fault most saints fans for having it at this point. No one ever believed in us, except us, thats why you see all the FAITH and BELIEVE signs in the stands over the years.

I really cant think of a single sports news agency or writer that is picking the saints. the conversation inevitably comes down to the mythical Lambeau, and oh its really cold. Then they start talking about REAL teams like SF, Falcons, Giants that actually have real football players and can challenge a team like GB, and the Saints are brushed away.
We know our boys are listening to this, because there are clippings of all the news reports in our locker rooms.

I mean your talking about a offense team about to break all of the 2000 rams records, and we are not considered to really have a chance to win, thats seems really odd. So, if all of the saints fans you talk to blindly believe in the boys, well I think thats great, because no one else is.

GW’s blitz and hit the QB WILL back fire vs Rogers and Brady, but he's going to do it anyway. I don't think he knows any other way to play defense. So thats going to happen, wether we like it or not. We will hit the WR/TE’s on the line , and try to hit both QB’s every play..
Single Video Player

Are the Saints a dirty team? - Video - SI.com

yep, Rogers could smoke GW’s D. But, I also know he has created plays to make Rogers and other QB’s run, so we can hit him. So, rogers better think twice when he sees and open field, its probably a trick, with harper or Jenkins just waiting.

Look we may have a man crush on NE, because we understand you need to respect what has been accomplished by a coach and QB like Brady. But, we completely understand we have a very long way to go to be a great ball club. This is our 3rd time in a row being in the playoffs in 40 years, we know that.
Theres no ego in NO. We don't think we are better than anyone else, and fans that have come here know that.

Last edited:
Pherein: Very nice post bro. You need to relax on one thing: Brees and the Saints are getting a lot of love from the media right now and the idea that they aren't a "real" team is just not there. On Packer forums it's almost unanimous that the toughest potential opponent in the playoffs is the Saints, without question. Plenty of respect there.

I'm looking forward to a very entertaining playoffs. The NFC is stacked with at least 4 teams that are legitimate contenders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday