PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts Fans back to delusional again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some people in here are being unnecessarily critical. I don't like the Colts but I have to give credit where it is due: They finished the season very strong at 9-1, then won a playoff game before falling to a very talented KC team. They have about $100 million in cap space available (which I am not even sure how they have that much space but I am taking Sportrac's word on faith). They drafted really well last year and Andrew Luck is back.

I consider them and KC our 2 biggest threats in the conference next year.

100+ million dollars in cap space
I have read that this cap space is at least in part a "mirage" because they have 25 players who become free agents after NEXT season many of whom they will want to keep or extend.. making the 100 million they have not totally truly "available"

I don't disagree with my fellow fans concerning our mutual hatred of the Colts, who lost any chance of gaining the high ground after sneaking out of Baltimore in the dead of night, leaving a good and loyal fan base in the lurch. That move made what Modell did to Cleveland almost acceptable. Then when add all the other malfeasance listed above, they are CLEARLY in our top 3 circle of eternal hate along with the Ravens and Jets.

But the fact remains there fans DO have a lot to be excited about for the coming year. They had unexpected success this past season. They won a playoff game. They had a great draft, and they have a ton of cap space (LBell is a good fit here), Like it or not, their off season will create huge expectations for the team. They will be the mediot's "hot new binky" and will be fawned over like a prom queen.

As Bill would say, "It is what it is"

Have people forgotten about deflategate?

The Colts are a scum organization, only a hair width below the Jets on the most hated, despicable teams... There aren't enough bad things that can happen to that organization

Holy cow... can't believe some people are trying to cut them slack, I hope they never win another game for 100+ years. Little Andy Luck cracking his stupid ****ing deflategate jokes after getting his TEETH KICKED IN...

They're an embarrassment to the league, they should go hang another participation banner.. what a disgrace!

Their fans are even worse!

I think they will go 7-9 next season

How many times have we heard Team X is loaded because they have a ton of cap space? Let me explain. A TON OF CAP SPACE IS NOT A GOOD THING. It is the result of crappy drafting and personnel decisions, not some awesome planning. They’ll get a shot in the arm, perhaps, only to realize soon after that they overpaid so many players, since they had a disproportionate amount of resources for one free agent class, a scenario where getting real value is nearly impossible. This same team had a ton of cap space in 2015, a year after making the AFCCG (yes that one) yet they got much worse, and it wasn’t just because of Luck. They made stupid decisions and overreached on contracts which killed them for years. The best managed teams in the league never have an absurd amount of cap space.

The only thing they did was get **** lucky by sucking as usual and then picking up theee second round picks from the idiotic NYJ. Let’s not act like this team is well managed because of their good fortune sitting in a prime draft position and given a kings ransom of picks.

Giving the colts all that cap space is like giving a crackhead a wad of cash.....only going to blow it....oh wait.....Irsay....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back