PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts are in for a beatdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Colts are just too banged up to be scared of. I don't think we let our guards down again like we did in Cleveland and we demolish the Colts. I expect Brandon Tate and Aaron Hernandez to take big roles in this game. Anyone else getting the feeling that the Colts are going to get squished?

Wait and see... And because some of you guys are ignorant, this post is stating MY PREDICTION and not that this is going to happen.

Watch the karma! Peyton Manning is likely the best QB most of the guys on our young defense will ever play against. They'll have to be disciplined and listen to the coaches for 60 minutes.

I think some people have forgotten how inconsistent our team is. That is the #1 weakness of this team, IMO. One week they look great, the next week, not so much. When our team masters the art of consistency, then I will join the beatdown wagon. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have not seen them master that yet. Also, Peyton Manning is one of the best QBs in the NFL. If you think he's not going to pick our young secondary apart, think again. The younglings are learning, but they have a long way to go, IMO. This game is not going to be as easy as some people think. But if our guys come to play and execute well, they are more than capable of winning it.
Yes, I agree. Most thought the Pats would beat the Jets. Then most thought the Pats could not win on the road at Miami. Or beat the Ravens' defense and running game. Then the consensus was that Cleveland was an automatic win, followed by the assumption that there was no way the Pats could win at Pittsburgh. Looks to me that folks put way too much emphasis on the last game and not enough on the entire body of work.

Obviously people are happy and excited after beating the Steelers, but I find it odd that so many are assuming the Pats will win by a large margin. I do think the Pats will win, but at the same time I see this as a game that could easily go either way.

You guys are stupid if you think an internet thread is going to "Jynx" the game. It's like optimistic threads aren't accepted here. If I'm right all you guys have to become my slaves. If I'm wrong then you can tie me to a post and beat the crap out of me. Sound good?

100% Agreed, this topic will have absolutely no effect on the game Sunday. It's kind of sad that even has to be said.

If you're wrong, people bump the topic and make fun of. If you're right, people praise. That's it. Bill Belichick didn't just tread this thread and get overconfident. People on here surely can't be serious with the jinx talk...

100% Agreed, this topic will have absolutely no effect on the game Sunday. It's kind of sad that even has to be said.

If you're wrong, people bump the topic and make fun of. If you're right, people praise. That's it. Bill Belichick didn't just tread this thread and get overconfident. People on here surely can't be serious with the jinx talk...

Ah, probably not. But it could be argued that every game this year has gone against the conventional wisdom, so...

Thankfully you came and restored sanity! I wouldn't want anyone to go around thinking this thread impacted the game for another minute! :bricks:

Some people are just superstitious. It's to be expected. Hell, I pick against the Pats in every predict the score thread that I post in this year simply because every time I do it, the Pats win. I still wear my away Moss jersey during away games because, every time I do, they win. Everyone has their superstitious habits.

Here's the thing....I think you could say that the conventional wisdom on the Pats has been wrong every week this year.......

Cincy: Maybe the Pats win, but CW wasn't predicting a blowout.
Jets: CW said Pats win, maybe big.
Buffalo: CW says Pats romp, doesn't happen.
Miami: Pats have trouble in Miami, maybe win a close one. Nope. Blowout.
Ravens: Maybe the closest to getting it right, but Pats were expected to lose.
SD: Again, Pats were expected to lose.
Minn: So much weirdness w/Moss & Favre, not sure there was a CW consensus.
Cleveland: "This game will be easy." 'nuff said.
Pittsburgh: Pats will likely lose, maybe big. Oops.
Colts: CW says "Colts are in for a beatdown." Um....

So, don't know if it's a matter of a "jinx," but I think it's fair to wish that this wasn't the CW for the Colts game. FWIW, I think the Pats win, but Manning will get his points, and it won't be easy. Can't let the foot off the pedal in the 4th for this one.

You guys are stupid if you think an internet thread is going to "Jynx" the game. It's like optimistic threads aren't accepted here. If I'm right all you guys have to become my slaves. If I'm wrong then you can tie me to a post and beat the crap out of me. Sound good?

If you are right, I will be happy if you are wrong, everytime you post I will post a link to this thread as a reply.

Here's the thing....I think you could say that the conventional wisdom on the Pats has been wrong every week this year.......

Cincy: Maybe the Pats win, but CW wasn't predicting a blowout.
Jets: CW said Pats win, maybe big.
Buffalo: CW says Pats romp, doesn't happen.
Miami: Pats have trouble in Miami, maybe win a close one. Nope. Blowout.
Ravens: Maybe the closest to getting it right, but Pats were expected to lose.
SD: Again, Pats were expected to lose.
Minn: So much weirdness w/Moss & Favre, not sure there was a CW consensus.
Cleveland: "This game will be easy." 'nuff said.
Pittsburgh: Pats will likely lose, maybe big. Oops.
Colts: CW says "Colts are in for a beatdown." Um....

So, don't know if it's a matter of a "jinx," but I think it's fair to wish that this wasn't the CW for the Colts game. FWIW, I think the Pats win, but Manning will get his points, and it won't be easy. Can't let the foot off the pedal in the 4th for this one.

Well, not to toot my own horn but last week I predicted Brady has a breakout game vs the Steelers and that is exactly what happened. No jinx there.:cool2:

Should I kill a chicken or move this thread to the Practice Squad?

51jVkEydxUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Colts are just too banged up to be scared of. I don't think we let our guards down again like we did in Cleveland and we demolish the Colts. I expect Brandon Tate and Aaron Hernandez to take big roles in this game. Anyone else getting the feeling that the Colts are going to get squished?

Wait and see... And because some of you guys are ignorant, this post is stating MY PREDICTION and not that this is going to happen.

The Colts are the last team I'd say that about. They have our number like it or not. Lets be a little humble.

The Colts just are not that impressive this year. In the Colts games I've watched, they keep getting handed gift after gift and still have a hard time securing victory.

I mean, suppose I told you that the Bengals played the Colts, turned it over 5 times (with none for Indy), one was a pick-6 and the other was returned to the Cincy 10 yard line. 2 years ago that would be a recipe for an Indy 41-10 whuppin'. Last week it was a 23-17 game that Cincy was about 35 yards away from winning with a minute to go before the 5th turnover finally did them in.

Last edited:

kill a chicken ASAP. Didn't someone start this same thread the week before the Browns game?

Last edited:
Well, not to toot my own horn but last week I predicted Brady has a breakout game vs the Steelers and that is exactly what happened. No jinx there.:cool2:

Alright then--this game will determine if conventional wisdom + cheesemonkeys=a LOCK. If the Colts are "beatdown" on Sunday, I expect you to give us the next result. ;)

By the way, how many points is a beatdown?

Alright then--this game will determine if conventional wisdom + cheesemonkeys=a LOCK. If the Colts are "beatdown" on Sunday, I expect you to give us the next result. ;)

By the way, how many points is a beatdown?

I would say 2 TDs +.

Aren't you the same guy who PREDICTED we would crush the Browns ? I hope we demolish the Colts, because my heart can't take another close loss to those MF'ers. I hate the Colts. Hopefully they kill em.

Just saw 4th & 2 on NFLN. That got me fired up for this Sunday. Hope the Pats DESTROY the Colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back