PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

College Football Thrillers

If you watched that game, you saw an incredible game, and Tom Brady’s eventual replacement in Will Grier win it on an amazing, clutch TD pass with 16 seconds left, and a ballsy 2 point conversion via a run. Very accurate, runs a complicated offense at West Virginia, can make every NFL throw. Will be a 24 year old rookie in the NFL next year though. But watch this throw to get to within 41-40. He subsequently runs a 2 point conversion to win it. This was an amazing game.

I’m down. I still can’t believe the Gators ran him out of town. We may have to trade up to #1 overall though.

Alabama 2018 is starting to remind me of Miami 2001

Alabama is just too good in every position. They will absolutely expose any weakness that you may have.

Oklahoma vs Boise State 2007

#1 USC “Reggie Bush & Matt Leinart”
VS
#2 Texas “Vince Young”
2005 National Championship game.

Yeah what’s going on there, my huskers are in rebuild mode and came within 5 pts of a win in the horseshoe.
They haven’t looked right since the injury to Nick Bosa. That really hurt them. They just don’t seem to have their heads in the game anymore. They’ll never make the college playoff, which is good since they’d get crushed by a real team.

You won't see the 2001 Miami Hurricanes when you watch that game

2001 Canes
RB Clinton Portis
RB Najeh Davenport
RB Frank Gore
RB Willis McGahee
WR Andre Johnson
TE Jeremy Shockey
TE Kellen Winslow Jr.
QB Frank Dorsey
S Ed Reed
CB Antrel Rolle
CB Sean Taylor
LB Jonathan Vilma
DT Vince Wilfork

They simply destroyed their competition that season, winning each game by an average score of 42-10. Only one game was decided by less than ten points, a 26-24 win at Virginia Tech. The Hurricanes had back-to-back ranked games against Syracuse and Washington and won them by a combined score of 124-7.

Miami destroyed Nebraska in the National Championship game that season, 37-14 and UM took their foot off the gas in the second half after building a 34-0 halftime lead. Miami defeated five teams that were ranked in the top 15 that year and the collection of NFL caliber talent is insane.

That canes team was awesome. I’m bias so I lean towards Nebraska beating them in a close one. Tommie Frazier is the difference.

Bama beats up on teams that can’t throw, which is basically 3/4 of the sec, atleast.

Georgia, notre dame, and Clemson have athletes too, and they can throw. Although Georgia’s passing game probably isn’t as good as the other 2.

Hi Guys

Iv only recently got into the whole college football scene and am greedily consuming historic games. I just watched the 2006 Rose bowl - WOW.

Problem is when i try and get advice online about which games to watch they always spoil it by having the final score in bold next to the teams.
Can anyone recommend any games that are worth watching. Doesnt have to be bowl games just as long as its just a date and the teams involved without the final score or winner.

I would be very grateful for anything you can do.

Next game i am watching is UCF v south florida from last year - heard its a cracker!

Not sure if anyone mentioned but you need to watch 2005 USC vs Notre Dame. I’ll link you in an edit.

You need to watch both Clemson alabama national championships. Just unreal games.

2012 Sec title game. Alabama Vs Georgia

2008 and 2009 SEC title games Florida vs Alabama (these aren’t exactly thrillers but 2 great teams)

2011 LSU vs Alabama game of the century

2006 Ohio state vs Michigan

2002/2003 Ohio State Vs Miami title game

Well, Alabama @ LSU turned into a stinker. Heck, I knew before the snap that the LSU kicker would miss.

220 yards for Alabama to 38 from LSU. Bama is going to rip off their heads and **** down their necks. Only two teams that could possibly beat Alabama this year are Michigan and Clemson.
You have got to be kidding about Michigan. They couldn't even beat Notre Dame, and Notre Dame can't beat Alabama.

You have got to be kidding about Michigan. They couldn't even beat Notre Dame, and Notre Dame can't beat Alabama.
Yeah, I was a bit surprised to see Kontra include Michigan in that list, too. He must be sold on the defense. In my opinion, Michigan may not even beat OSU in Columbus, and the Buckeyes are a highly flawed team. I think Bama would steamroll the Wolverines.

Everybody always thinks Big Ten defenses are legit until they run into SEC offenses that have full grown men on the OL and get 30-40 points put up on them.

I used to suffer from this belief as well.

Alabama just destroyed LSU tonight! It was superior athletes executing properly.

There are at least a dozen players on the Alabama team that we should draft, but most of those will be off the board by the time we draft.

There are at least a half dozen players on lsu’s Defense that we should draft but most of those will be off the board by the time we draft.

Seems like there’s been no “underdog school” making a college playoff push since the system started. It’s been mostly well established historical programs.

Remember that crazy year back in 07ish when Kansas and Missouri were amongst the top 4 in the nation?

220 yards for Alabama to 38 from LSU. Bama is going to rip off their heads and **** down their necks. Only two teams that could possibly beat Alabama this year are Michigan and Clemson.

I'm sorry but Michigan would lose by 30 to Bama, Clemson is probably the only team capable and that dependent on a freshman qb.

Seems like there’s been no “underdog school” making a college playoff push since the system started. It’s been mostly well established historical programs.

Remember that crazy year back in 07ish when Kansas and Missouri were amongst the top 4 in the nation?
You’ve got Washington State, who will likely move up to #7 or possibly even #6, but I just can’t take them seriously. There are definitely some pretenders in the top 10.

That’s a faulty way to look at any sort of sport.

I'm sorry but Michigan would lose by 30 to Bama, Clemson is probably the only team capable and that dependent on a freshman qb.
I think Michigan would lose but not by 30. That defense would keep the game close enough but their offense wouldn’t be able to get anything done. That Michigan defense is one of the best college defenses I’ve ever seen.

You’ve got Washington State, who will likely move up to #7 or possibly even #6, but I just can’t take them seriously. There are definitely some pretenders in the top 10.
That’s right, there is Wazzou.

It’d be cool if they snuck in but I have strong doubts about that. Even if they did Bama would roll them by 50+.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back