PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

College Football Thrillers

Yorkshire Pat

On the Roster
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Iv only recently got into the whole college football scene and am greedily consuming historic games. I just watched the 2006 Rose bowl - WOW.

Problem is when i try and get advice online about which games to watch they always spoil it by having the final score in bold next to the teams.
Can anyone recommend any games that are worth watching. Doesnt have to be bowl games just as long as its just a date and the teams involved without the final score or winner.

I would be very grateful for anything you can do.

Next game i am watching is UCF v south florida from last year - heard its a cracker!

App St vs. Michigan - 2007

Florida St vs Auburn BCS National Championship - 2014 (2013 season)

Boston College vs Miami - 1984

Cal vs Stanford - 1982

Auburn vs Alabama - 2013

Clemson vs Alabama BCS National Championship - 2017 (2016 season)

Boise St vs Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl - 2007 (2006 season)

Start with those.

Mass Maritime v Framingham State 1994 is a barn burner...

Today’s Texas/West Virginia game.

1995 fiesta bowl if you wanna take a gander at the greatest college football team to grace this earth.

They are difficult to watch this year, that’s for sure.

Yeah what’s going on there, my huskers are in rebuild mode and came within 5 pts of a win in the horseshoe.

Today’s Texas/West Virginia game.
If you watched that game, you saw an incredible game, and Tom Brady’s eventual replacement in Will Grier win it on an amazing, clutch TD pass with 16 seconds left, and a ballsy 2 point conversion via a run. Very accurate, runs a complicated offense at West Virginia, can make every NFL throw. Will be a 24 year old rookie in the NFL next year though. But watch this throw to get to within 41-40. He subsequently runs a 2 point conversion to win it. This was an amazing game.

Lot of good selections up above but for tonight, I hope you're watching LSU-Alabama live. Hopefully it's a good game!

Lot of good selections up above but for tonight, I hope you're watching LSU-Alabama live. Hopefully it's a good game!
Absolutely, good college football Saturday so far. Hopefully LSU-Alabama lives up to that WV-Texas game.

The last 2 Rose Bowls have been incredible as well. USC beating Penn State on a late Darnold TD pass 2 years ago and Georgia beating Oklahoma on a Sony Michel overtime TD run last year. Incredible games. Sony Michel bumped his draft value big time because of that game. Michel was unstoppable with nearly 200 yards and 4 tds.

1995 fiesta bowl if you wanna take a gander at the greatest college football team to grace this earth.
You won't see the 2001 Miami Hurricanes when you watch that game

2001 Canes
RB Clinton Portis
RB Najeh Davenport
RB Frank Gore
RB Willis McGahee
WR Andre Johnson
TE Jeremy Shockey
TE Kellen Winslow Jr.
QB Frank Dorsey
S Ed Reed
CB Antrel Rolle
CB Sean Taylor
LB Jonathan Vilma
DT Vince Wilfork

They simply destroyed their competition that season, winning each game by an average score of 42-10. Only one game was decided by less than ten points, a 26-24 win at Virginia Tech. The Hurricanes had back-to-back ranked games against Syracuse and Washington and won them by a combined score of 124-7.

Miami destroyed Nebraska in the National Championship game that season, 37-14 and UM took their foot off the gas in the second half after building a 34-0 halftime lead. Miami defeated five teams that were ranked in the top 15 that year and the collection of NFL caliber talent is insane.

Last edited:
220 yards for Alabama to 38 from LSU. Bama is going to rip off their heads and **** down their necks. Only two teams that could possibly beat Alabama this year are Michigan and Clemson.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back