PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
YUGE games today. Whose watching?

Oklahoma v TCU
Georgia v Auburn
Clemson v Miami
Wisconsin v Ohio Stae

TCU just scored to make it 17-14 Oklahoma.

If either Oklahoma or Wisconsin lose, I think Alabama makes the final four.

YUGE games today. Whose watching?

Oklahoma v TCU
Georgia v Auburn
Clemson v Miami
Wisconsin v Ohio Stae

TCU just scored to make it 17-14 Oklahoma.

If either Oklahoma or Wisconsin lose, I think Alabama makes the final four.
If Ohio State, Georgia, Clemson, Oklahoma win based upon past decisions of valuing conference champions Alabama should be left out.

I don't follow college football but I'm going out on a limb to say Alabama will find a way in.

If Ohio State, Georgia, Clemson, Oklahoma win based upon past decisions of valuing conference champions Alabama should be left out.

Agreed. The Auburn loss REALLY hurts Bama. If OSU, Georgia or Miami win they will get in by virtue of already being ranked between 5-8 AND also being their conference champion.

Bama's only way of making it IMO is if TCU can pull off the upset of OU.

What a stupid play call by TCU. Why would you go for the QB draw and force yourself to use your last timeout and not even have a chance at throwing a TD into the end zone?

Awful play calling by TCU there 1st and goal from the 10, 15 seconds left, one timeout, they run a QB draw that gets stuffed and have to call there TO and kicked a FG with 7 seconds left.

They could have easily had at lest 2 shots to the end zone if they threw.

Agreed. The Auburn loss REALLY hurts Bama. If OSU, Georgia or Miami win they will get in by virtue of already being ranked between 5-8 AND also being their conference champion.

Bama's only way of making it IMO is if TCU can pull off the upset of OU.
I don’t think current rankings matter much because based on the past they have said conference champion means A LOT and that can’t be factored in until the champ games are played.
So OSU at 8 with 2 losses could (should?) leapfrog one loss non champion Alabama at 5 to take Wisconsin’s place.

I don’t think current rankings matter much because based on the past they have said conference champion means A LOT and that can’t be factored in until the champ games are played.
So OSU at 8 with 2 losses could (should?) leapfrog one loss non champion Alabama at 5 to take Wisconsin’s place.
Then what do you do with a 2 loss Clemson if auburn beats them? Going to be interesting and probably controversial no matter what.

Last edited by a moderator:

I doubt it, Bama's only loss is to Auburn, nobody respects Wisconsin, and Ohio St. Lost to Iowa St.

I doubt it, Bama's only loss is to Auburn, nobody respects Wisconsin, and Ohio St. Lost to Iowa St.
They lost to Iowa.
But auburn is a 2 loss possibly 3 loss team so it’s not like they lost to a #1 undefeated team.

Lets not forget Alabama has beaten no one.

I’m not so much debating a 2 loss conf champ vs a 1 loss non champ as I amndsyijg thr committee has made it clear that conference champion means so much that Ohio State will almost surely get in under that scenario.
Ironically I would say the exception would be the consistent love of Alabama they have shown.

wild finish, UCF vs. Memphis
62-55, 2 OT, UCF stays unbeaten

Oklahoma has punched ticket #1 of 4

Let's go Dawgs!!

Keep an eye on Sony Michel for Georgia he is going to be a great 3rd down back in Sundays.

Bad call in the Georgia/Auburn game on the pick play. No pick IMO.

Too bad Roquan Smith will be long gone by the time the Pat's pick. teaming him with a healthy Hightower would be awesome!!!!

Loved Smith since he got to UG. Knew he would be the next "big" name and hoped he stayed hidden. Arguably been the best defender in college this year.

He's that sideline to sideline guy you need for today's misdirection/spread.

Great range, instincts, versatility and football IQ.
In coverage he can drop into a shallow zone and makes some really impressive plays in small quarters.
His instincts are second to none and extremely on point. Not a surprise considering he watches film of every opponent. Coaches say he can call all defensive plays. Even in the secondary.

6'/230, will run under a 4.6 and will ruin your day. He's a thumper.

Teams will be all over him now. Perfect for us but unfortunately hes also perfect for Oakland, Dallas and about 29 other teams.

Too bad Roquan Smith will be long gone by the time the Pat's pick. teaming him with a healthy Hightower would be awesome!!!!

I had Foster and Lattimore tied for #5th overall last year and suspect Smith will be a top 5 guy.

Position is devalued but it would prob take a huge trade up.

i want Oklahoma (done), Georgia, Miami, Wisconsin

it leaves bama out too, which i like...I think if Wisconsin loses, then its Oklahoma, SEC champ, ACC cham, and Bama over the Big 10 champ

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
Back